********* The Official GTA V (5) thread! *********

Soldato
You should go to Ammu Nation stores and do the gun club range. Good for practice and cheap :) I noticed it integrates with Rockstar Social Club as well and lists crew rankings for the gun range so it would be easy to see friend/crew skill at shooting via this. Obviously it's not active yet and probably won't be until the 1st October but this is a really cool feature and would be interesting to know where else RGSC keeps track of your progression against other people in your friends and crew lists.

Come on Robbie, read my full post :p

I was there for about 2 hours last night practicing until my head hurt.

Guess its just more practice, 20 years of using a mouse and hardly playing on consoles!

Still loving the game though :D

Associate
I feel as though there is a slight dip in frames between daytime and nighttime does feel slightly smoother at night but its not that noticeable and isn't ruining the experience. (this is on 360 btw)

Man of Honour
Come on Robbie, read my full post :p

I was there for about 2 hours last night practicing until my head hurt.

Guess its just more practice, 20 years of using a mouse and hardly playing on consoles!

Still loving the game though :D

Completely missed that :o

I guess if it didn't auto aim in actual gameplay it would help improve accuracy considering it doesn't auto aim in the gun range which seems a bit backwards!

Associate
I have a 4GB 360 so have had to install the mandatory portion to a USB stick - bought the official 360 SanDisk version - and am running the game off the DVD with zero issues [apart from the noise]. Now I'm used to the 30fps it seems fine, and any dips lower are tolerable. I am certainly seeing no 'pop' apart from shadows changing as you get closer... so if its happening, then it must be very subtle, or a long way out [see Skyrim for bad 'pop']

I have noticed some terrain tiles look blurry if you position the camera quite low, which looks like poor filtering on the 360 version.

I jumped on a train last night, and just rode it across the map... the detail and variety of the terrain is very well done, will little obvious repeating, or tiling can can plague open world games... and the atmospheric effects are breathtaking... it also brought home how vast the map is.

I think its a visual marvel, regardless of platform, and my only major gripe is the resolution and jaggies.

I wonder how the game would tolerate the play disk being installed to a second USB stick, just to get rid of the drive noise?... I may give it a try.

From what people can make out, they built the game to stream assets from two sources, HDD (mandatory install) and DVD. Installing both discs to the same HDD can prevent some objects/textures loading quickly enough so they can pop-in.

So choices are,

Install both discs and put up with it or not notice it

OR

Only do the mandatory install and play from DVD

OR

Do mandatory install and install the play disc to a USB stick/USB HDD

;)

Last edited:
Soldato
How else are people making money? Finding a tad hard at the moment

Have you spent it all on hookers :p

How far in are you though? I have only just done the frst heist but seems to earn a lot from it.

That just made me think, if you can replay the missions can you redo a heist mission if your low on cash? As I am thinking

That the first heist I took $4mill which by the time I paid off the guy for the house and crew Micheal and Franklin share wasn't that high but if you can replay it as a new mission you could earn a lot more for not having to pay for the house again

Soldato
How else are people making money? Finding a tad hard at the moment

It does get better as you get on in the game. Property where you can make money is the way forward. EG I bought an Airfield as soon as properties open up and it brings home 7k a week as well as what ever you do on top.. i'm saving on Franklin at the moment to buy the taxi company in town.

Caporegime
Have you spent it all on hookers :p

How far in are you though? I have only just done the frst heist but seems to earn a lot from it.

That just made me think, if you can replay the missions can you redo a heist mission if your low on cash? As I am thinking

That the first heist I took $4mill which by the time I paid off the guy for the house and crew Micheal and Franklin share wasn't that high but if you can replay it as a new mission you could earn a lot more for not having to pay for the house again

I find that pretty unlikely :p

Associate
Well I spent about 10 hours on this yesterday and have today off so will most likely be doing the same later (need to go out first though).

Few questions:

1) When you call up for the blimp, where do you actually go to pick it up??

2) I attached a scope to my smg but can't work out how to use it. Is it simply there to give you that slight zoom effect when you press down on the right stick?

Btw, for those saying you can't keep engine/music/lights on in cars when you get out, there is actually a way. You basically just bail out as the car is in motion. You lose health but only a minor amount if you do it right.

Man of Honour
Also, is it just me, or is anyone finding it a bit tricky to quickly change weapons in the heat of battle or when under pressure. The system is fine when you have time, but real quick changes seem tricky for now while I get used to it

Back
Top Bottom