• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** AMD R290X BF4 EDITION - WE ARE NOW TAKING PRE-ORDERS / DEPOSITS!! **

Associate
I understand that but i guess i just find it a silly business practise to have things up for preorder, 2 weeks away from release with no concrete details on performance or price.

Well I have pre-ordered two knowing that if they are not what I expect I can get a full refund.

So if you got the cash, it's a no brainer.

I'm just hoping that they reward the buyers by not ripping them off and giving them something worthy of an 8000 limited run item.

Caporegime
All these deposits sitting in ocuk's bank earning interest for basically fresh air right now.

genius.

Lol. They have a few hundred units available. That means 20-30k over 2 weeks.

They're going to make all of £5 interest on this. If that. Don't forget credit card charges for all the people that decide on a refund that they will have to absorb.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well I have pre-ordered two knowing that if they are not what I expect I can get a full refund.

So if you got the cash, it's a no brainer.

I'm just hoping that they reward the buyers by not ripping them off and giving them something worthy of an 8000 limited run item.

I have the cash, i guess i just feel uncomfortable ordering 2 and not knowing the price or performance against the other top cards. I know its not really an issue since you can get a refund, i just kinda hoped wed know an official price by now so if they ended up being £700 or so id just get a 7990 instead at £450 which would be faster most likely.

Associate
I have the cash, i guess i just feel uncomfortable ordering 2 and not knowing the price or performance against the other top cards. I know its not really an issue since you can get a refund, i just kinda hoped wed know an official price by now so if they ended up being £700 or so id just get a 7990 instead at £450 which would be faster most likely.

DO IT NOW!!

You know you gonna regret it in few days (if that) when there aren't any left.

and Kudos to OCUK.
You are really looking after your customers by offering a no quibble refund on the deposit.
:)

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
Guys

Were now passed 100 deposits taken, see were also being mentioned on some very big sites, Anandtech, Steam, AMD etc.

Superb publicity again for us! :D

bru

bru

Soldato
Gibbo I see you have said "The cards are expected mid-end October." and Anandtech are saying ETA 31st October, is that just them taking a worst case scenario or you hoping they might come in earlier than expected?

Associate
Argh. I don't know what to do. I have no card in my PC at the moment, i want an R290X - i really don't care about the BF version, i can just get BF3 on Origin.

Do you actually have any left now?

Soldato
Just want to check this pre order is for the BF edition right...how many normal cards will you be getting in on release date?

Soldato
Also 100's are ordered and will ship this month. :)

Do you have any idea when the normal cards will be up for preorder? I'v had BF on order for ages so don't really want the premium version but id probably order a normal version as soon as they go up for pre order.

OcUK Staff
OP
Do you have any idea when the normal cards will be up for preorder? I'v had BF on order for ages so don't really want the premium version but id probably order a normal version as soon as they go up for pre order.

Unknown, awaiting confirmation from AMD.

Back
Top Bottom