LG Flatron 29UM65-P (29") UltraWide Monitor Owners Thread

Caporegime
At £250 :cool:, you got nothing to lose tbh! Originally when this monitor first came out, which was only a few months ago, it was going for something stupid like £350/380 iirc...

Hope you get a good one snips! Not sure if you have a proper calibrator or not but I have tweaked mine over the last few days so using these settings:

- gamma 1
- custom colour temp; R = 50 G = 50 B = 52
- contrast - 65 with a brightness of 13

Of course, every panel will be different though so these might not look as good on yours..

As I said earlier, the colours look great out of the box anyway so you might not even feel like changing settings!

Soldato
OP
Cheers Nexus, will keep those settings and see how I get on. With any luck I'll get it tomrrow before I finish my current job and start a new one.

I'm currently waiting for an RMA on my reference 290 (purchased via MM), but will have to put it back in to test this - it would be sacrilidge not too!! :D

Caporegime
TBH, chances are you prob will get a bad one but I would keep RMA until you get a good one (had no problems dealing with ocuk/Bailey, was superb), unless you fancy trying a diff. monitor out... Personally there was nothing else out there that tempted me the same way that this did so I was determined to get a good one!

I have now dropped my brightness to 12, this thing is just stupidly bright!

Soldato
Congrats on that, these monitors are awesome. I got the 34 95 version yesterday and at first I was tempted to send it back because of some bad ips glow on the bottom left and right corners but at the correct brightness settings its only noticible in dark scenes at night. The colours of these screens are superb and I was worried about going back to 60hz but in games its amazing. I really do feel that the ultrawide screens are better for gaming as they just feel so much more immersive.
Picking up a i1 display pro to calibrate mine but even out of the box the colours look really good.
You wont regret it :D

I may still send it off to LG to repair the ips glow as someone else in these forums did that and he hardly has any glow now and from speaking to the OCUK customer service guy Mine isn't too bad compared to some and nearly all of these panels suffer from some ips glow or bleed and its just pure luck how much you get and changing it for another you may end up with worse.
OCUK agreed that they would pick it up and once it gets back to them send me out a new one but they can only do once and after that I would have to RMA it each time which is just tiring lol so I may just keep this or depending what LG say send it to them and get the glow fixed.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Chances are LG will tell you there is nothing wrong matson. They told me to use the monitor in bright conditions with a low brightness setting and that it was just a common problem with "their" tech lol... And the funny thing is, mine was far worse than mrk's etc.

Plus after seeing how LG have dealt with mrk's monitor, I would rather get ocuk to deal with LG as well as them having in their terms that if they can't get the monitor back to you within 28 days, you can request a refund.

Back
Top Bottom