LG Flatron 29UM65-P (29") UltraWide Monitor Owners Thread

Associate
Nope not noticed any ghosting at all, monitor feels snappy/responsive for gaming

My first two had very bad back light bleed, 3rd one is a lot better, still some at the bottom left corner and a few other areas but in normal usage, it isn't that noticeable, only when you view a completely black screen.

Colours are superb even out of the box

HDMI shouldn't be used since it doesn't support any higher than 1920x1080 thus image is stretched. I use DVI-D, not had any issues.

I did a brief review covering more about the monitor, link in sig :)

Mine works fine with HDMI :)

Caporegime
Mine works fine with HDMI :)

It might work fine but it looks pretty poor compared to DVI-D/display port cable. With HDMI, you will be seeing 16:9 stretched across the display.

Just set colour using the above, will see how it goes. The stock setup is quite bright and harsh on the eyes. Will see how this goes and let you know!

Cool, look forward to hearing what you think :) If you keep eco mode on, you might need to increase the brightness a bit more.

I am thinking of putting my brightness down to 11% now....

Soldato
OP
so no for usual gaming, surfing and PS4/PS3 ?

This monitor?

I'd recommend if 100%

It might work fine but it looks pretty poor compared to DVI-D/display port cable. With HDMI, you will be seeing 16:9 stretched across the display.

Cool, look forward to hearing what you think :) If you keep eco mode on, you might need to increase the brightness a bit more.

I am thinking of putting my brightness down to 11% now....

I'm happy with it as it is I think. I've tested BF3, BL2, Batman: AO and about to try COH2 and so far its great.

Downside - just found out my car needs £600 worth or work done to it. Injector seals need replacing which may lead to futher issues but too early to tell :( Makes me think this £250 could have been spent elsewhere!!

Soldato
I think I may have got a good model, as I can't see any backlight bleed, and I think only one corner has noticeable ips glow at the bottom right (slight blue tinge) this is at 70% brightness too :)

Soldato
OP
I've discovered a few issues with mine and hoping someone can help.

1 - When switching the monitor on, after powering it down, it doesn't seem to save the OSD settings you've set for brightness and colour. I'm also unable to find a profiler which is annoying also.

2 - I also use my dvd player on this monitor and it would seem the monitor doesn't switch between input methods. If I switch the DVD player on and the PC off, I have to search for the input, it won't auto detect.

It would also seem that my DVD player doesn't like my monitor, but I've got more testing to do before considering DSR.

Edit:

Shame!!! The monitor doesn't work with my DVD player so I'm going to have to send it back :( Its nasty going from IPS to TN though, the colours are so washed out!!

Last edited:
Caporegime
Hmm strange :confused: No idea what could be causing it.

Maybe post in the bigger thread for the 34" model, someone might be able to help there.

Soldato
OP
Hmm strange :confused: No idea what could be causing it.

Maybe post in the bigger thread for the 34" model, someone might be able to help there.

Why do blu rays have to be so encrypted? I can't watch either of the Lego movie or the grand Budapest hotel :(

Apparently this is all do with copy protection and is used by studios to stop pira y. Pin 13 on the HDMI cable is supposed to exchange a handshake with a HDCP compatible device. If, for what ever reason, this isn't received, the result is a green/yellow Flickr on screen.

Apparently its possible to buy adapters which remove this HDCP signal from competitors. Anyone have or used one?

Soldato
OP
My day started off incredibly badly but after a good day out I have decided to give the monitor a second chance.

HDCP issue has been resolved by using a quality HDMI cable, which I didn't realise I had. This is now working ok.

The input detection is still a pain, but I'm sure I'll figure something out.

Caporegime
nice! :D You really should give MPC a go (once set up with the guide I posted earlier), much prefer it to VLC.

Speaking of colourful movies, check out avatar! :eek: Doesn't go full screen but you can zoom in ;)

Soldato
OP
nice! :D You really should give MPC a go (once set up with the guide I posted earlier), much prefer it to VLC.

Speaking of colourful movies, check out avatar! :eek: Doesn't go full screen but you can zoom in ;)

I've got it installed, but not tried it. Will give it a go. Abut to download Fridays Avatar episodes, so will try them.

Not a fan of the Avatar action film, think its a little poo :)

I will once I have Internet again, not had it for almost a month :'(

That sucks.

What's taking them so long?

Back
Top Bottom