**** The Official Note 4 thread ****

Man of Honour
I hope you have luck with your next one mate. I really cant find fault in my at the moment apart from the much too aggressive Samsung dvfs but that can easily be sorted once the custom roms start appearing.

Yeah thanks, me too :)

Glad your's is ok, I have been so annoyed by mine its been sat in the box since I found the faults (since Friday), I didn't want to mar my enjoyment of it when I do finally get a replacement. I was even thinking of getting a different make/model handset but assuming I get a perfect device, there really isn't anything else on the market right now that beats this thing, and its a joy to hold, and the screen is very lush, so I've managed to not use the faulty one and just enjoy the replacement as if its the first time I've used one :)

Associate
£350 for a pen? No thanks!

Liked the spen from the note2, slightly bigger and more comfortable than the Note3.

image.jpg

spen.jpg
Didn't try the note1 spen but it seems to have a rounder design.
Why they chose to go from round to square is beyond me. :o

Associate
Yeah, its a massive butt ache, but I just can't stand to use this one I have here, so its a sacrifice worth making :)

How are you getting on with yours, enjoying it? any issues? :)

Well I'm loving the speed and responsiveness but I'm not really doing anything new with it. I need to spend a bit time setting it up I think.

There has gotta be a diminishing returns on these recent screen resolutions cos even though it looks amazing. There wasn't much bad with my old s3.

The S pen has been a nice feature. Not sure how I'll implement it but it's functionality is very good.

I just bought a cheap case for when I have the phone at work. Will post a pic tomorrow when it arrives.

Soldato
Space... did you have the October 14th update on your phone? From reading around on forums apparently people who are experiencing the lag on the note 4 are people who haven't got that update yet.
Im on EE and I haven't had that update either yet but apparently you can get it and flash it via ODIN.

Man of Honour
Space... did you have the October 14th update on your phone? From reading around on forums apparently people who are experiencing the lag on the note 4 are people who haven't got that update yet.
Im on EE and I haven't had that update either yet but apparently you can get it and flash it via ODIN.

I had the 1st update the moment I turned the phone on so I can't compare with the original OS build, but it was still very much borked!

I think it must be down to some dodgy handsets out there as you don't have the update yet yours is fine isn't it?

Soldato
Im a little confused which firmware to download though... My phone has had 0 updates yet so I don't have the one that's supposed to improve lag.
Looking on the sammobile site theres a firmware update for the VOD version and the BTU version so which one am I supposed to use if im on EE.

Soldato
So from reading that link you just posted if I have this correct... If I download the BTU (unbranded stock rom) I wont trip knox and my phone will not be locked to EE anymore even though you normally have to pay EE a fee to unlock your phone? is that correct?

Man of Honour
Not my link ;)

From reading it, it seems to unbrand the handset so that it removes any reference to EE and I'm guessing their stock apps? and it also makes the handset appear as an unbranded phone, so your updates will come quicker via Samsung and not EE, I don't think it unlocks the phone, but I could be wrong about? Can't EE unlock it for you?

Soldato
Looking at the note 3

EE = EVR
Three = H3G
O2 = O2U
Vodafone = VOD

Now the people in that thread seem to be flashing BTU, so I'm not sure. I guess BTU is just unbranded... Like the other guy said I doubt this will unlock the phone but will remove stock apps etc.

Soldato
EE can unlock it for me yeah but I have to wait 6 months for that. According to them its so you cant sell it on or something along that line. Then you have to pay a fee aswell for that.

abs

abs

Associate
Can anyone confirm if the note 4 from mobiles.co.uk comes unlocked? I've gone for the £33 pm contract on o2 with 5gb and unltd mins and text, £99 for phone. I'm gonna keep the phone for myself and hopefully stick my 3 one plan sim inside if it's unlocked and my wife can use the O2 contract on her lg g2.

Back
Top Bottom