**** The Official Note 4 thread ****

Man of Honour
Have you got it sorted out?

No reply yet, and their live chat option was missing, so couldn't speak to them today :(

Weirdly my mobiles.co.uk order got refused @ credit check....despite having an experian account showing 999/1000 rating. Hmmmz...

So I rang o2 and got a deal with them, instantly approved, and it's worked out cheaper with the 30% off company affiliation deal thing (that I didn't realise I qualified for.) The chap on the phone said he had received a few calls today with credit checks refused from mobiles and CPW in-store transactions, so I don't know if I need to be concerned or if something is just a bit b0rked on their end?!

I posted the same thing a few pages back, I received an email saying o2 had rejected my application, so I spoke to mobiles.co.uk on the live chat and it appears somehow the wrong status had been put on their system, so I had actually been accepted (and I'm already an O2 customer, so I should hope so), after that it was all sorted :)

Soldato
All my main apps are up and running now, no Sky Go support just yet though. Unlucky on that handset Space Monkey, definitely get it swapped. My box was completely sealed and the phone is running great, extremely smooth, no lag whatsoever, and well the screen is just stunning. Battery life is very good too, looks like I'll get a day easily with heavy use.

Anyone else not gonna bother with a case? I never dropped my Note 3 at all, I'll chance it with this I think :)

Soldato
Don't think I'm going to put a case on either, I want a glass screen protector in case I manage to scratch it somehow.

Saying that the S View case seems quite nice, could it possibly save battery life too by not having to use the whole screen all the time?

There's the wallet case too, can ditch my wallet then!

I've never owned a flip case before, some people don't seem to like it.

Caporegime
Save battery life? Not necessary, it's got plenty.

Cases are an eye sore imo, just be careful and / or get insurance and admire the beauty of your phone without an ugly case. People will say that not all cases are ugly and some are attractive, but none of them are as attractive as the Note 4 unfortunately.

Soldato
I haven't got a case yet either..it's just too beautiful to look at and it never looks or feels as good with a case. Knowing my luck though I'll drop it and scream lol.

Associate
Weirdly my mobiles.co.uk order got refused @ credit check....despite having an experian account showing 999/1000 rating. Hmmmz...

So I rang o2 and got a deal with them, instantly approved, and it's worked out cheaper with the 30% off company affiliation deal thing (that I didn't realise I qualified for.) The chap on the phone said he had received a few calls today with credit checks refused from mobiles and CPW in-store transactions, so I don't know if I need to be concerned or if something is just a bit b0rked on their end?!

What deal did you get with o2? I have the 30% discount but it is still working out expensive.

Caporegime
Love the spec of this but still not sure of the size. Tempted to get an S5 prime import as these can be had for ~£360 (assuming you avoid getting stung by customs).

Basically it has the same internals as this but at a size I am more comfortable with and potentially a fair bit cheaper.

Possible idea or is that a minefield? Just worried about whether skygo would be supported etc. Been doing some research and it would appear that the G906s variant does support EE 4g in this country (which is who I am with).

Associate
after getting mine yesterday I've got to say it's a great handset. I went from a z2. Loving the screen, it's brilliant.

No issues thus far, fully sealed when I got it from mobiles.co.uk. also 2 updates were downloaded and installed as well.

Soldato
So you want a fancy S Pen:

Shame about the prices.

That was about the worst comped in steam I've ever seen.

Annoyingly tempted to go back to a Note. I lost my Note 2, got a Lumia 1520 to replace it, but I always loved the S Pen and it looks like they're really improving the functionality of it. Bit annoying that I work with a Wacom all day though, which makes all other pen input methods seem a bit naff by comparison.

If I could combine the camera of the Lumia, plus the hardware camera button, with the Note 4 S pen and associated software, strip out most of Touch Wiz for stock Android I'd be very happy indeed.

Associate
Just got an email from mobiles.co.uk saying due to high demand I should expect delivery after 27th oct. I was originally under the impression that it would be in my hand on the 27th oct. Has everyone else who missed the first batch got to wait until after the 27th or have I some how missed the second batch and got to wait until the 3rd batch gets shipped?

Man of Honour
Love the spec of this but still not sure of the size. Tempted to get an S5 prime import as these can be had for ~£360 (assuming you avoid getting stung by customs).

Basically it has the same internals as this but at a size I am more comfortable with and potentially a fair bit cheaper.

Possible idea or is that a minefield? Just worried about whether skygo would be supported etc. Been doing some research and it would appear that the G906s variant does support EE 4g in this country (which is who I am with).

Getting closer to home:

http://www.androidcentral.com/galaxy-s5-plus-features-faster-snapdragon-805-cpu-retains-fhd-display

Man of Honour
Just had a chat to mobiles.co.uk on their online system and they are now collecting my phone tomorrow but I wont receive a replacement until the 27th when their next lot of stock arrives :(

So here's hoping to getting a new/sealed and non-faulty device :)

Associate
Just had a chat to mobiles.co.uk on their online system and they are now collecting my phone tomorrow but I wont receive a replacement until the 27th when their next lot of stock arrives :(

So here's hoping to getting a new/sealed and non-faulty device :)

Ah man thats unlucky :(

Makes me feel glad I was able to pick one up in store on Sunday. Quite a surprise considering peoples stock issues.

Soldato
I hope you have luck with your next one mate. I really cant find fault in my at the moment apart from the much too aggressive Samsung dvfs but that can easily be sorted once the custom roms start appearing.

Caporegime

Unfortunately not.

Not Quad HD (though this doesn't bother me so much)
NOT 32gb standard
No OIS for the camera
Only 2gb ram

I might just wait for the NOTE 4 to drop in price a bit. The Note 3 could be had for £400 sim free a few months after release so perhaps I will just treat myself to an early xmas pressy/new year pressy. Although....then it will only be a few months away from possible 64 bit phones with the snapdragon 810 etc, lol. It's just never ending.

Back
Top Bottom