• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

970's having performance issues using 4GB Vram - Nvidia investigating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Didn't Vauxford also then claim that the AstKa is performing completely as intended and that no deception had taken place?

If they did, then they are making themselves look very dodgy.

I once owned a VauxFord, it was nothing but trouble. A lot of other people had similar problems, but VauxFord denied any responsibility. A few years have past, and I was almost tempted to buy an AstKa GTX (despite my earlier experience), but reports of noisy engines put me off. Furthermore, this news has put me off buying any VauxFord, so I'll be waiting to see what AMW are offering.

Soldato
Tbh if I still gamed at 1080p I'd be keeping a 970! Like you say, still a damn god card

it is for sure, but i would probably have got the 380X anyway or deffo the 390X, simply because i find the GTX 970 almost too good and thus too boring...........odd isn't it, but if this card was working fine you'd still be running out of RAM soon

the best they can do is fix this card and shove on 6GB and damned quick too

Associate
If they did, then they are making themselves look very dodgy.

I once owned a VauxFord, it was nothing but trouble. A lot of other people had similar problems, but VauxFord denied any responsibility. A few years have past, and I was almost tempted to buy an AstKa GTX (despite my earlier experience), but reports of noisy engines put me off. Furthermore, this news has put me off buying any VauxFord, so I'll be waiting to see what AMW are offering.

Hahah, 10/10. Think that has 'wooosh'ed some people here. :p

Soldato
I thoug they had a fair bit of inventory they wanted to shift first . Hence seeing those reported price drops on the 290x/290.

Be nice if they did , I'd snap it straight up now! But everyone's specing June for any release :(

they do, but many will hold out like me because we want the 380X instead,
so they might never sell the remaining 290s...not sure

Soldato
+1

I'll be buying a new monitor soon, and it'll be from OCUK.

I still can't decide for sure whether to return my 970s as the performance from SLI is miles in front of a 980.

I'm keeping mine as no way do I want to pay £800+ (£300+ after refund) on SLI 980 and a single 980 wasn't enough for me at 4k but 970 SLI is.

Also I modded my 970's with AIO coolers so I cant be bothered to take them out and fit the original coolers.

Probably will only change them when a successor to Maxwell appears.

Soldato

Point is that law refers to a defect if Nvidia say it was designed that way which it was then its not a defect.

From reading this and the Nvidia forums and also the edited post looks like Nvidia have checked with their law department and been advised to change their official line to the card is operating as intended. They are not stupid they wouldnt be doing their current stance unless they have been advised they are operating within the current laws. Get fed up of people linking to a page which doesnt really backup the post they have made because they have not read the quoted page properly or it doesnt link to the governing bodies website which published the information/law whatever.

Last edited:
Associate
Point is that law refers to a defect if Nvidia say it was designed that way which it was then its not a defect.

From reading this and the Nvidia forums and also the edited post looks like Nvidia have checked with their law department and been advised to change their official line to the card is operating as intended. They are not stupid they wouldnt be doing their current stance unless they have been advised they are operating within the current laws. Get fed up of people linking to a page which doesnt really backup the post they have made because they have not read the quoted page properly or it doesnt link to the governing bodies website.

So if a manufacturer produces a product with misleading specifications, they can just say "it was designed that way".

That doesn't sound very fair, or honest.

Soldato
Not read the entire thread anyone give a brief update as to what's going on? From the few apges I've read the 970s dont use the entire 4GB for VRAM so people want to return them? Im gaming at 1080p so it won't affect me right?

Last edited:
Soldato
So if a manufacturer produces a product with misleading specifications, they can just say "it was designed that way".

It's a different argument to say something is inherently faulty verses something has been mis-sold with false advertising.

I would guess this is Nvidia shifting responsibility from themselves to the card manufacturers and retailers down the supply chain. After all, Nvidia don't sell cards to the public, they sell parts and cards to the AIB manufacturers.

We've seen Nvidia throw their partners under the bus more than once in the past, so I don't see this as any different. It's the way they do business.

Last edited:
Soldato
Not read the entire thread anyone give a brief update as to what's going on?

Since you're lazy yes.

The update is....I've got a bacon sandwich and a nice cup of coffee. Now I'm ready to read more of this thread :)

Other then that read a few pages back.

edit=I see your edit. No word on MSI cards. But I'd book mark the page

Associate

Your missing the point.. you keep using the word 'Advert'.. but they never advertised it wrong..

The only thing that was wrong is that they gave the 980 memory specs to reviewers..

Its says 4gb on the box it has 4gb.. how its used is not in question... everyone assumed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom