• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Suspended
Hi all,

Just looking for a little help regarding a first AMD install please :)

I would remove everything Nvidia via NCP(don't reboot)>Power down swap gpu's>Power up and wait for MS legacy drivers to install>Reboot and Install Omega driver>Reboot.

Boot into safe mode, run driver sweeper and then, remove old card, put new one in and install the latest Drivers, 14.12 atm

Then you run the risk of:

Q7YPJGC.png

DS/DDu are great tools but can cause problems.:)

Soldato
I would remove everything Nvidia via NCP(don't reboot)>Power down swap gpu's>Power up and wait for MS legacy drivers to install>Reboot and Install Omega driver>Reboot.

Then you run the risk of:

Q7YPJGC.png

DS/DDu are great tools but can cause problems.:)

Ah right, i didn't have this problem when i done my brothers. Fair enough, well it's up to you :)

Suspended
I think it might be time for a 'How Well Does Crossfire Scale' thread covering performance from one gpu, to two gpu's to four gpus. Sounds like a fun little project!

Get It Done Lt!:D

I've also seen the new drivers in action with an improved Dying Light Crossfire profile and it was working well on QuadFire too at 4k. :)

Oh you dirty tease you! :p

Suspended
Ah right, i didn't have this problem when i done my brothers. Fair enough, well it's up to you :)

Used DDu to remove everything Nvidia and when I took it out my 670 from my 290X rig, and reinstalled my 290x mgpu, and Ethan Carter throws up that nvtt64.dll, it might not happen to all but ymmv.:)

Looking like an OS instal to fix, but im too lazy for that.:D

Don't get me wrong, using DDu on Amd driver updates works fantastic 99/100, for the unfortunate 1, then it's corrupt OS time.:(

:)

Associate
I think it might be time for a 'How Well Does Crossfire Scale' thread covering performance from one gpu, to two gpu's to four gpus. Sounds like a fun little project!

Hi Matt :)

Sometimes when I load MSI Afterburner, the PC just freezes, do you reckon there's a setting to fix something in there? E.G force constant voltage? or disable something?

Man of Honour
I'm not quite at the rioting stage yet, but it's a sad state of affairs for AMD to have no proper crossfire support for the newest games. Waiting months upon end and being given no time scale for a fix is getting increasingly infuriating.

I've spent near to £200 on games in the past few months that run poorly. I understand it's not always just down to AMD (as in the case of Ubistutter games). I'm just really wondering why I should stay with AMD on my next upgrade. I'd love my next buy to be a pair of 390Xs but I have the feeling I'd get shafted trying to play new games.

Crossfire has enough problems as it is, but if this is the way it's going to be I might have to switch to the dark side.
After having lots of problems with my 290X's in several games, and no fixes in sight after months and months of waiting, I finally bit the bullet and bought a 980. I don't mean to bash AMD, but I have no regrets. I wish I'd have done it sooner.

Caporegime
OP
Hi Matt :)

Sometimes when I load MSI Afterburner, the PC just freezes, do you reckon there's a setting to fix something in there? E.G force constant voltage? or disable something?

Sounds like some hardware might not be stable on your computer, as afterburner should not normally cause a lockup. Are you running everything (including your cpu and memory) at stock clocks?

Soldato
That would be good!

I'm weighing up getting a 295x2 or another 290p and would love to see the difference (if there is one)!

You wont regret getting a 295x2, at the price they are now they are astonishing value. It just oozes quality IMO.

I paid £440 each for my MSI gaming 290x's last year and picked up a Gigabyte 295x2 a couple of months ago for £500! :eek:

Associate
Just tried Thief, benchmark says around 60, in game I get this lol...

B99uEy2CQAAQCDj.jpg:large

Soldato
Them 295x2's are gorgeous cards, I'd love to have a pair in crossfire.

I know it would be totally pointless and I know amd have a big crossover so could you ctoss fire a 7850 with a 290x as I've seen people say stuff like that when I've searched something about crossfire and yahoo answers or something has come up.

Just out of curiosity :)

Soldato
Them 295x2's are gorgeous cards, I'd love to have a pair in crossfire.

I know it would be totally pointless and I know amd have a big crossover so could you ctoss fire a 7850 with a 290x as I've seen people say stuff like that when I've searched something about crossfire and yahoo answers or something has come up.

Just out of curiosity :)

As far as I know you need to crossfire similar GPU'S, so the Hawaii family will work together, Tahiti will work together, but Hawaii and Tahiti will not.

Back
Top Bottom