• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

Associate
Been playing with my Inno3d Hybrid Black. Haven't played with Overclocking or Fan Profile yet, So far Idle temp is 31 (Ambient is 28). Under load it maxed out at 60 but mostly was in the high 50s. Very nice :D

Really nice card, feels solid (I had an EVGA with the ACX2 and and always felt flimsy).

Nobody has mentioned this and it's not really relevant but the mousemat is a decent one, nice soft fabric. I was expecting a plasticy scratchy one, finally a replacement for my Starcraft 2 Heart of the Swarm collector's edition mat :)

edit: Should say, I mounted the fan using Push/Pull, although the pull fan isn't really a static pressure one

Associate
I was having tons of "nvlddmkm.sys page_fault_in_nonpaged_area" BSOD problems with my MSI 980ti 6G around 2 a day, in game mostly but sometimes even on desktop or when closing an application.

So I underclocked the memory on my card by about 20 MHz, I thought Id already tried this but Afterburner hadnt actually saved my settings so, thought Id try it again last week and since then Ive not had any of the "nvlddmkm.sys page_fault_in_nonpaged_area" BSOD crashes since (touch wood)

Is that possible or have I made another change that has helped somewhere. Also could this mean the RAM on my card is faulty or is my mobo maybe not up to scratch? ( pretty sure its only pci e 2.0)

Soldato
I was having tons of "nvlddmkm.sys page_fault_in_nonpaged_area" BSOD problems with my MSI 980ti 6G around 2 a day, in game mostly but sometimes even on desktop or when closing an application.

So I underclocked the memory on my card by about 20 MHz, I thought Id already tried this but Afterburner hadnt actually saved my settings so, thought Id try it again last week and since then Ive not had any of the "nvlddmkm.sys page_fault_in_nonpaged_area" BSOD crashes since (touch wood)

Is that possible or have I made another change that has helped somewhere. Also could this mean the RAM on my card is faulty or is my mobo maybe not up to scratch? ( pretty sure its only pci e 2.0)

Put the vram back to stock and find out!

If you have to under clock from stock then RMA.

Associate
Put the vram back to stock and find out!

If you have to under clock from stock then RMA.

I raised it a few MHZ a few days ago and crashed with BF4 however it was in a very glitchy map on the CTE I think.

If it does crash again is it deffo the card then? I thought it could be that my mobo, cpu and RAM possibly bottlenecking me? (i72600 - 16gb RAM - WIn7 64)

Soldato
Well if the only variable is vram MHz, and when it is under stock speed all is good, but at stock if crashes I would say faulty card.

May I ask, not to be rude or presumptious. Are you fairly comfortable with PCs etc? If so then the above tells you how to decide on whether to return or not.

If you typically have problems..then it could be something else..but you'd have to give us more details on the rig and your settings.

Associate
These comments take me back to my XFX 7970 DD Edition. It was unstable at the clocks it was boxed with, and since it was stable with the reference clocks and +20% power I was denied an RMA...

I vowed never to shop at said retailer again.

Back
Top Bottom