Amazon Black Friday Sales *NO COMPETITOR PRODUCTS TO BE DISCUSSED*

Caporegime
i take it you have never been in a night club or at a concert where you can "feel" the bass?

basically bass orientated headphones are better for immersion.

reference is better for music.

bass light with wide soundstage better for competitive gaming

I can FEEL the bass, my sub can make my house shake....

It's not like I can feel the sofa move with headphones. Comparing headphones to night club and concert is Apples and Oranges.

Headphones goes down to what? 20hz?

Subs can goes down much lower, with a 12" driver, that's when you can feel them. No matter how good the engineering, a 1" driver isn't going to move enough air to be able to feel anything.

Last edited:
Associate
Better deals on the high street.

Wandered into Boots this morning and got the hair curlers the wife wanted discounted for the day by 25% :) Happy camper and have them in my hand and local shop should anything go wrong :)

Couldn't resist a new SSD from OCUK too :)

Associate
£75 yes definetely for gaming you won't find a better gaming headphone unless you buy AKG Q701, K702, etc. They were £115 in the sale a few days ago.

If i had the option between the 2 I would have went for the K702 for £115.

If i were to compare the 2 the K702 is a 9.5/10 in terms of gaming the HD598 would be a 9/10.

Compare that to some gimmicky headset by steelseries or razer, etc I would rate them as being around 6/10 for gaming.

For movies you will want something with more energy and bass.

Good gaming headphones don't make good movie headphones. In competitive gaming you don't want to hear loud blaring explosions you want to pinpoint soft foot steps. Whereas in a movie you want to feel the explosion.

So there is no such thing as a great competitive gaming and movie headphone.

If you want a great immersive headphone which is brilliant for movies then look at phillips fidelio x1 in the members market or brand new fidelio x2 (newer model with removable ear cups)

Thanks for that response Sonny.

Work away in hotels a lot and game on my laptop so these sound perfect! In fairness I mainly watch movies at home with the speakers. These headphones in reality will probably do 90% Gaming and the remaining 10% for tv, movies and youtube music vids! :D

Man of Honour
I can not find anything to buy :(

I don't see anything I want :(

I need 'things' because the whole world tells me I need things today, THIS day :(

kid-crying_zpsozksnhjf.jpg

Soldato
Your account works across all Amazon sites IIRC although obviously you probably won't get quite the same next day service.

Additional 11 Euros for shipping. Estimated delivery was 1st Dec.

Thanks,

Yeah getting next day delivery from Spain would be something!
There's also a Garmin 810 for £150 on the Italian site so wanted to be sure before ordering. :)

Soldato
Picked up the HD598s for that price, should be perfect for listening to music at home and practicing guitar. I was tempted by the DT770s but I'll probably keep my earbuds for out and about, easier to transport.

Back
Top Bottom