Amazon Black Friday Sales *NO COMPETITOR PRODUCTS TO BE DISCUSSED*

Soldato
Bought the Kindle kids edition, was going to buy it for my son anyway to get him off the iPad and £30 off is decent.

Spent the savings on a NIKKO RC Vaporizr 2 radio controlled car for him as well. £52 down to £25 is a great saving. It drives on water. :D

Soldato
The best offer today was magnums of prosecco at morrisons for £10. Trotted down there today hoping to stock up for Xmas. Turns out everyone else had the same idea and they sold out already.

Associate
Despite saying I wouldn't buy anything, I saw an offer on Richer Sounds earlier I couldn't pass up. Picked up a SONY-STRDN860 AV Receiver for £300 (£100 reduction), my current receiver is playing up after nearly 8 years, so I couldn't really see a good reason not to take advantage of the offer.

I have to say I've not seen too much worth bothering with in general however.

Soldato
Just caved in and stocked up on a spare Logitech Harmony Touch remote for £59.. I use mine daily and it's had a few knocks/bumps and would be lost without it.. normally £120 so this seems a genuine bargain..

Caporegime
Terrible year for me, had a fair bit off of Amazon last year.

Although, on saying that I was hoping some of the Samsung 40" TV's in the £400 region would have been discounted, even just a little.

Luckily spotted this on Amazon.de

£629 in the UK (5 year warranty). £385 delivered from Germany with 2 years warranty and an extra year on my Nationwide account, that account also has no currency charges.

The Freeview HD is confirmed to work in the UK, the channels change order but since I never watch them that's fine. SMART TV apps also easily changed to UK.

Damn you, just clicked bought as well :)

£619 most places in the UK and can live with channels been in the wrong place as never really use the terrestrial tv bits anyway,

The 48" is only £457 delivered on the same site btw for those after a bigger screen. 2 hrs to go so be quick. The 55" is £568. Not bad for a top brand and upper model 4k tv.

Last edited:
Soldato
The best offer today was magnums of prosecco at morrisons for £10. Trotted down there today hoping to stock up for Xmas. Turns out everyone else had the same idea and they sold out already.

Despite saying I wouldn't buy anything, I saw an offer on Richer Sounds earlier I couldn't pass up. Picked up a SONY-STRDN860 AV Receiver for £300 (£100 reduction), my current receiver is playing up after nearly 8 years, so I couldn't really see a good reason not to take advantage of the offer.

I have to say I've not seen too much worth bothering with in general however.

Amazon own Morrisons and Richersounds too :eek: The things you learn on this forum :p

Soldato
Terrible year for me, had a fair bit off of Amazon last year.

Although, on saying that I was hoping some of the Samsung 40" TV's in the £400 region would have been discounted, even just a little.

Luckily spotted this on Amazon.de

£629 in the UK (5 year warranty). £385 delivered from Germany with 2 years warranty and an extra year on my Nationwide account, that account also has no currency charges.

The Freeview HD is confirmed to work in the UK, the channels change order but since I never watch them that's fine. SMART TV apps also easily changed to UK.

What about this?

http://www.tesco.com/direct/samsung...iew-hd/549-5644.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=549-5644

Soldato
Damn you, just clicked bought as well :)

£619 most places in the UK and can live with channels been in the wrong place as never really use the terrestrial tv bits anyway,

The 48" is only £457 delivered on the same site btw for those after a bigger screen. 2 hrs to go so be quick. The 55" is £568. Not bad for a top brand and upper model 4k tv.

How do you work out the 55inch to be £568?
Is it not 1095 euros? or am I missing some discount thing?

Caporegime
Man of Honour
I finally caved and bought something with minutes to spare. Herring Gosforth pebble grain chukkas with a Dainite sole for £25% off (apparently a rebranded Loake Kempton). OK not from Amazon but still a Black Friday thing.

http://www.herringshoes.co.uk/product-info.php?&brandid=6&shoeid=3009

EDIT: Recently I've been trying to buy products made in Britain and these are. So that's a plus too :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom