• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Soldato
Associate
Now that I have battlefront, I can also report the same issues others are having with ice maps:

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=28872897&postcount=3075

Tried rolling back to previous but still the same + the stutter when first loading was insane!

Well, Johan received leaking Fury X2, so it flooded all the plains in Battlefront, thus ice being black :p

On the serious note, guys, what the hell do you guys expect from Dice???
I think black ice is being reported throughout the different drivers anyway, so maybe the game itself has some texture bugs?
It amazes me, how people forget that Dice just cannot code stable games on release and far beyond that :D

Soldato
Same, never had a problem with the clocks when i got my Furys, they've always been locked @ 1040, until i popped these Crimsons on, then they're going up and down, up and down.

Just did some quick testing using GPUZ, with Freesync enabled my core clocks bounce about like crazy, the load lights on the cards look like they are having a fit!

Disabled Freesync and my clocks remain locked at 1050.

Will test in-game now and report back.

Edit-Nope, didn't fix it in FO4 at least, clocks bouncing about like mad, going as low as 600.

Tested ARMA 3 and the clocks remain fixed at 1050/500 on both cards regardless of GPU load, may be a FO4 issue? can anyone confirm?

Last edited:
Soldato
Just did some quick testing using GPUZ, with Freesync enabled my core clocks bounce about like crazy, the load lights on the cards look like they are having a fit!

Disabled Freesync and my clocks remain locked at 1050.

Will test in-game now and report back.

Edit-Nope, didn't fix it in FO4 at least, clocks bouncing about like mad, going as low as 600.

Tested ARMA 3 and the clocks remain fixed at 1050/500 on both cards regardless of GPU load, may be a FO4 issue? can anyone confirm?

Make sure ALL vsync is disabled and set FPS limit using FRTC. This stopped my clocks bouncing about in some games.

Soldato
Frame pacing almost halves my FPS in Insurgency.

Still have stutter issues in Witcher 3 with my 7990.

The Witcher 3 crossfire profile seems to be messed up with Crimson drivers. I get about 20% scaling now where it used to be 80%. AFR mode gives good scaling but lots of flicker.

Associate
I submitted this to feedback page, but since it does not allow me to upload a screenshot, I will post it here.
One of the cards (random one) randomly, roughly once or so a month starts spinning the fan to the max, which is catastrophically loud. The fan starts to be heard when it goes above 17% anyway, so yeah.
Anyway.
https://flic.kr/p/BqiUow

you can see that I set fan speed to 17%, temps are 26C, card is not active. Fan speed: 99%. I have to restart the PC in order to get this one month period of silence :D If I just reset the xfire mode to stop fan from spinning, it goes back after couple of minutes again. It happened before crimson hit, but before I did not have a chance to catch it with screenshot, as it would either happen at night, or CCC not showing second card if cards are not xfired.

Also, you can see that I have selected 1st fury x according to crimson, but in reality this is secondary card. You guys might want to fix that as well ;)

Also is there a frikkin reason to keep CCC for xfire switch and some other functions? What is the point of this super fast Qt crimson, if you still have a dead tail of a CCC hanging behind???
Wouldn't it have been better to give devs another month to perfect the driver and release it as xmas present or something of the kind? It just amazes me, how you guys manage to **** up a completely positive thing. Granted my issues are not issues, but seeing how broken frame pacing is, and how you guys messed up clocks for a lot of people, it begs the question: WTF? You where not pushed to release Crimson as soon as possible?

Soldato
Also is there a frikkin reason to keep CCC for xfire switch and some other functions? What is the point of this super fast Qt crimson, if you still have a dead tail of a CCC hanging behind???
Wouldn't it have been better to give devs another month to perfect the driver and release it as xmas present or something of the kind? It just amazes me, how you guys manage to **** up a completely positive thing. Granted my issues are not issues, but seeing how broken frame pacing is, and how you guys messed up clocks for a lot of people, it begs the question: WTF? You where not pushed to release Crimson as soon as possible?

On the PCper video these setings will be added to Radeon Settings has time goes on. They had a dead line to hit and these settings didn't make it in time hence for additional settings part.

Back
Top Bottom