• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Soldato
Watch movies in 60fps with AMD Fluid Motion :D going to try this later.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJtI6mEesV4

Edit
Guys you need to try this WOW!!!

60FPS, it makes the videos look weird, its best to have them in multiples of 24, is why watching video on a 72hz or 144hz monitor is better.

Plus I use Smooth Video Project. I watch everything interpolated up to 144FPS. Even just 48FPS looks far better than 60FPS up conversions on a 144hz monitor. the 60FPS interpolation adds a weird number of extra frames that cause the fast forward looking effect.

Soldato
60FPS, it makes the videos look weird, its best to have them in multiples of 24, is why watching video on a 72hz or 144hz monitor is better.

Plus I use Smooth Video Project. I watch everything interpolated up to 144FPS. Even just 48FPS looks far better than 60FPS up conversions on a 144hz monitor. the 60FPS interpolation adds a weird number of extra frames that cause the fast forward looking effect.

Seems OK to me? I am also watching at 144hz I'll test on TV later. So far nothing seems speed up, just clear motion zero motion judder. Put a panning shot side by side it's night and day.

Soldato
Just installed the latest Crimson Drivers, impressed with the new look but now the clocks on my cards keep bouncing about like crazy causing stutter that's noticeable even using freesync.

Is there a fix for this?

Try turning off vsync and set an FPS limit instead. I was getting this in some games until I disabled vsync. Essentially the FPS is dropping to 30 FPS as it would under vsync, the GPU was then down clocking itself because it was "only" expected to get 30 FPS anyway. :rolleyes:

This was even with a Freesync monitor.

Associate
Just installed the latest Crimson Drivers, impressed with the new look but now the clocks on my cards keep bouncing about like crazy causing stutter that's noticeable even using freesync.

Is there a fix for this?

It doesn't appear so. I get it in Elite Dangerous. The GPU clocks down and only goes up to full speed after a period in supercruise. Weird and annoying.

ETA - No frame rate control of any kind set and the downclocking is enough to cause stutter.

Soldato
It doesn't appear so. I get it in Elite Dangerous. The GPU clocks down and only goes up to full speed after a period in supercruise. Weird and annoying.

ETA - No frame rate control of any kind set and the downclocking is enough to cause stutter.

Does it in every game i've tried so far, before updating it was fine, constant 1050 on both cards regardless of usage/load.

ffs AMD sort it out, makes me wonder what sort of testing or lack of AMD do before releasing new drivers.

Associate
Stalker as note before does this for me variable clock speed.

FC4 now works (didn't in the beta 5.11's) and both that plus Dirty Rally works fine (Freesync enabled) with solid clock speeds.

Frame rate target seems more useful now as previously it wasn't very smooth when enabled.

Caporegime
Try turning off frame pacing

Just tried turning that off while playing GTA V, and i don't know if its me, but it is now running superb in Xfire, no more odd stuttering at all, its bloody belting, its seems to be running as good as a single card.

Only other difference i noticed with it off is, when the games loading, instead of my cores lowering before going to max when i start playing, they max out from the off.

Anyone else able to test that ?, as its been ages since ive played it in Xfire, but im pretty sure its running much better in Xfire now, with the frame pacing off.

I remember Matt saying for gaming, its best to have the frame pacing on, so i thought id just turn it off, see what happens.

This isn't on the Crimson drivers btw, as im back on the 15.9.1 BETAs, but ive always had this weird stuttery prob in GTA V in Xfire, so i just decided to give it another try with the frame pacing off.

Caporegime
Makes a massive diff in Dying Light.

Frame Pacing on = 88.3

Dying_Light_Game_2015_11_27_17_09_42_024.jpg

Frame Pacing Off = 117.8

Dying_Light_Game_2015_11_27_17_07_56_827.jpg

When going to the end of the roof and looking down at the cars on ther road, i was down to 89 with frame pacing on, with it off, i was 130, plus, when going to the end of the roof, and looking about into the distance (circling mouse),i was seeing drops to about 54 with the pacing on, and with the pacing off, it was always above 90, runs much better :confused:

Permabanned
Same here so far everything i have tested is working great. Such a shame people experiencing core clock issues. Hopefully its a fast turn around for them.

Is it only Fury/x issue?

Possibly, Which makes it a great way to promote AMD through the flagship eh!

:rolleyes:

MR AMD say's "We don't want to be known as the cheap brand but if you want a smooth release stay away from the expensive stuff"

Associate
Well, I have 3 fury xs and have no issues with crimson drivers, except CiV beyond earth getting random lines across the screen from time to time. Warframe has no issues as well.

Back
Top Bottom