• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Associate
On the PCper video these setings will be added to Radeon Settings has time goes on. They had a dead line to hit and these settings didn't make it in time hence for additional settings part.

I know they have internal deadlines, but man, they need to shake away this stupid perception that their drivers are crap. So what is better??? Rush a broken and incomplete UI overhaul or iron out most of the kinks and release it.

Soldato
I know they have internal deadlines, but man, they need to shake away this stupid perception that their drivers are crap. So what is better??? Rush a broken and incomplete UI overhaul or iron out most of the kinks and release it.

I understand what you mean I would have also liked had they just worked on removing that part of the driver software completely.
But seeing has I don't enter that part none of them features are use to me, It also don't really effect me and meany users a like..

So long has the driver and software is working for me am happy.. But at the same time I can feel peoples frustration hence me trying to help.

Soldato
The Shader Cache feature seems to be working very nicely in BF4 for me. No stuttering at all and seems to load a fair bit quicker.

Yeah I noticed a couple games benefit from it.
I tested Bioshock when entering new locations no more stutter. Just been going through games that I have installed and are DX10+
Shadow Warrior same has Bioshock smooth zero stutter loading new places.

On last drivers GTA 5 when first loading up and into Franklin house I would get stutter that last a couple seconds I now its completely gone.

Soldato
PC wouldn't start last night. It hit the splash screen, but thats as far as I got.

Rolled back to a system restore from a few days ago and all is well. I guess I'm back on catalyst now. At least the HUD will work properly in fallout I guess :D

Soldato
PC wouldn't start last night. It hit the splash screen, but thats as far as I got.

Rolled back to a system restore from a few days ago and all is well. I guess I'm back on catalyst now. At least the HUD will work properly in fallout I guess :D

Did it freeze or just go to a black screen? I just get a black screen after the log on screen. Have also gone back to CCC

Soldato

The software wasnt ready.
simple as that.

Not sure who makes decisions in AMD about this stuff but I would fire them.
any software can have bugs even the best quality control cant catch but if you make a total overhaul of the software you want to make sure it works as flawless as possible.
AMD have issues that goes into the very nature of the company and you guys in amd need to fix those peoples perceptions as they are messing up the company.

its not the driver at fault here but the control software itself.....
the driver seems fine to me but the new software to control stuff was not ready......the guys making the decision to release this, need to check their mirror and ask who am I working for?

Unwinder have for years called the team from amd making drivers morons due to him knows programming driver UI in and out, wouldnt it make sense grabbing him for some consulting and change the way people do program stuff at AMD?

Caporegime
Yeah it goes against everything that they did with the omega driver and their "reasoning" for the delays etc.

"because we want to make sure that AMD users have a stable enjoyable experience without bugs" or something along those lines....

Thankfully aside from battlefront graphics issue, I haven't encountered problems that others have mentioned but going by the number of reports, I think it is safe to say that there is a widespread issue.

Yeah I believe this is a game issue that needs patching. They is reports of Nvidia users also getting it.

Well, Johan received leaking Fury X2, so it flooded all the plains in Battlefront, thus ice being black :p

On the serious note, guys, what the hell do you guys expect from Dice???
I think black ice is being reported throughout the different drivers anyway, so maybe the game itself has some texture bugs?
It amazes me, how people forget that Dice just cannot code stable games on release and far beyond that :D

Played with people using nvidia GPU's last night and they said they don't have any problems with that. Granted maybe it doesn't affect everyone but this issue seems to be affecting every amd user so far...

Soldato
I installed Crimson and Fallout 4 fell to pieces at 4k. It was awful, even in closed spaces (where performance is usually the best).

I then realised AMD have removed the cat betas. Nice /rolls eyes. Any way managed to find them on my PC and reinstalled them. However they left Crimson CCC behind so I had to run a full removal then reinstall the CATS. I won't be trying Crimson again any time soon, I'm too scared it will stop me playing FO4.

Associate
Suprised to see so many people running problems. I personally haven't had any real problems. Just shows that no matter how much they test internally. Millions of users make a lot better testbed :p

Soldato
Overall, like the Crimson setup but for my setup it's a massive step backwards for Eyefinity users. I prefer my setup as 3 merged screens plus an additional 1, the rest of the family prefer 4 separate screens, so I end up having to change between 3+1 and 4 frequently.

Previously with CCC I had to initially setup how I wanted my screens with Eyefinity enabled, then disable it and set my screens how I wanted them then. After that initial setup, I then simply enabled or disabled Eyefinity with a couple of mouse clicks and the screens would be how I wanted them.

With the new Crimson, I have to setup Eyefinity every single time I enable it. I realise this is only an additional 4 or 5 steps, but it's infuriating when going from a 2 mouse click process to a 9 click process. Also, each time I turn off Eyefinity, I now need to go into Windows settings and re-enable 2 of my screens, then rearrange them, then finally set which is the primary screen.

Setting and disabling Eyefinity still works, but as I said for me it's a massive step backwards in ease of use. I'm hoping I've missed something obvious and there's a shortcut, but I'm not seeing it. I did see a new option and tried setting in the game options to launch a particular game with Eyefinity, but sadly this did nothing and the game still launched in a single screen rather than activating Eyefinity and then launching the game.

Overall, like the Crimson setup, as I said, just this is annoying. :(

Associate
Overall, like the Crimson setup but for my setup it's a massive step backwards for Eyefinity users. I prefer my setup as 3 merged screens plus an additional 1, the rest of the family prefer 4 separate screens, so I end up having to change between 3+1 and 4 frequently.

Previously with CCC I had to initially setup how I wanted my screens with Eyefinity enabled, then disable it and set my screens how I wanted them then. After that initial setup, I then simply enabled or disabled Eyefinity with a couple of mouse clicks and the screens would be how I wanted them.

With the new Crimson, I have to setup Eyefinity every single time I enable it. I realise this is only an additional 4 or 5 steps, but it's infuriating when going from a 2 mouse click process to a 9 click process. Also, each time I turn off Eyefinity, I now need to go into Windows settings and re-enable 2 of my screens, then rearrange them, then finally set which is the primary screen.

Setting and disabling Eyefinity still works, but as I said for me it's a massive step backwards in ease of use. I'm hoping I've missed something obvious and there's a shortcut, but I'm not seeing it. I did see a new option and tried setting in the game options to launch a particular game with Eyefinity, but sadly this did nothing and the game still launched in a single screen rather than activating Eyefinity and then launching the game.

Overall, like the Crimson setup, as I said, just this is annoying. :(

Have you tried that trick what they used in pcper video? Where you can make game profiles to use eyefinity automatically. Should eliminate the need to manually activate eyefinity each time yourself. Also should revert back to original mode automatically when you exit game.

Soldato
Have you tried that trick what they used in pcper video? Where you can make game profiles to use eyefinity automatically. Should eliminate the need to manually activate eyefinity each time yourself. Also should revert back to original mode automatically when you exit game.

Tried it a few minutes before writing the post above with GTAV and it did nothing - left me on single screens. Wonder whether it's because I'm not including all my screens in the Eyefinity group? Thanks for the heads-up mate, I'll get watching the video and have a play. Sure it's something I'm doing wrong - it usually is! :D

Associate
Or it might be simply that the profiles don't work, just like many have reported them having issues. Some have gotten them working by deleting old profile, and recreating them.

Associate
Could always try to run cnext in administrative mode and see if it helps.

I seriously do hope that people are actually reporting issues to AMD instead of just steaming at forums. It seems that a lot of problems generally relate to profiles that ain't getting saved or activated for some reason.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom