NEARLY 2 YEARS WAITING: New Mustang GT PP is finally mine!

OcUK Staff
OP
Red seems popular at least. Car would be much more of a head turner with red, if you want that :p

Seriously me and a work colleague were laughing earlier, went for some Food and sat looking out and the amount of people parking up, wondering over to the car to check it out. One guy as he was walking away could not stop turning to look back at it, guess he found the clear lights very much a head turner, but I suspect its simply more because its a Mustang. :)

Soldato
Very nice and somewhat of a bargain for the price. I also prefer the red rear lights and agree that the car looks a little under wheeled, perhaps just the style which is a little tame for a mustang. What's the quality of the interior like compared to something say top spec vw at 30-35k?

Caporegime
Seriously me and a work colleague were laughing earlier, went for some Food and sat looking out and the amount of people parking up, wondering over to the car to check it out. One guy as he was walking away could not stop turning to look back at it, guess he found the clear lights very much a head turner, but I suspect its simply more because its a Mustang. :)

I'd more than likely stop to have a gander too, it's a lovely car. In fact, if I saw you around it, I might just strike up a conversation and see if I could get a little sound demo out of you :D

OcUK Staff
OP
[RXP]Andy;29071632 said:
Exhaust fitted yet? :p:D:eek:

Yes just finished, taken me 4hrs, but took my time, had to remove all the hangers to get it off without damaging rear bumper.

But it is on, all tight, no rattle, tips aligned, but I am to scared to start the car up with how late it is, so we shall all have to wait until tomorrow including myself, oh my nearly as exciting as it was getting the car.

My neighbors will be on time for work tomorrow for sure! :D

OcUK Staff
OP
Very nice and somewhat of a bargain for the price. I also prefer the red rear lights and agree that the car looks a little under wheeled, perhaps just the style which is a little tame for a mustang. What's the quality of the interior like compared to something say top spec vw at 30-35k?

Friend has a Golf R, we both think my interior is nicer and my car has more toys. Also being in the latest Skoda VRS the saloon one and again I'd say Mustang quality is on parr with it but has nicer styling and more toys.

BMW wise its probably not quite upto 3/5 series, certainly not M car interior quality anway, its a nice place to be, I have no real complaints about the interior, the only thing I am disliking about the car is the complete lack of clutch feel.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
Yes just finished, taken me 4hrs, but took my time, had to remove all the hangers to get it off without damaging rear bumper.

But it is on, all tight, no rattle, tips aligned, but I am to scared to start the car up with how late it is, so we shall all have to wait until tomorrow including myself, oh my nearly as exciting as it was getting the car.

My neighbors will be on time for work tomorrow for sure! :D

Soooo what's it like? :D:p

Did your neighbours like V8 o'clock.

OcUK Staff
OP
[RXP]Andy;29072612 said:
Soooo what's it like? :D:p

Did your neighbours like V8 o'clock.

It is exactly what I wanted, my last Mustang had a real Nascar rasp and exotic sound to it like Daves Shelby, this time I was trying to steer away from insanely loud and rasp with a more deep true american note. I got what I wanted but saying that it is still loud. Videos to come! :)

Video is here:

Cold start, revs to 2500-3000rpm:

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
Warm start with more revs:

Over coming weeks I shall get some drive by and in car videos done, as when engine is loaded the exhaust note changed to one that sounds deeper, very typical american V8 rumble/baretone burble, love it. :)

Back
Top Bottom