** EKWB-PREDATOR - AVAILABLE NOW **

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
Downtime is a bummer, but I must stress, if you have a predator then remove it from your system immediately and use an alternative cooling solution if available. I know its a pain bu tEK have advised me to make sure this is clear to my customers.

Whilst the likelihood of a problem is very small, it is still there and something I think users should be mindful of.

It has not been made clear to me which part is causing the problem so I could not advise if it is an oring or whatever else. All I know is that the units are being recalled and reworked units are on their way. A revision 1.1 unit will be free of fault.

Soldato

It has not been made clear to me which part is causing the problem so I could not advise if it is an oring or whatever else. All I know is that the units are being recalled and reworked units are on their way. A revision 1.1 unit will be free of fault.

Taken from https://www.ekwb.com/news/656/19/Im...XLC-Predator-240-and-360-R1-0-Product-recall/

What happened?

What was initially estimated as limited risk situation with small percentage of units developing a leak over time that can be resolved with direct customer contact, turned out to be a more widespread problem.

After receiving first few customer feedbacks in December 2015 about the leakage issue, EKWB identified the issue in the faulty O-ring in the EK-Supremacy MX CPU water block that was used in the unit. Since there had been no complaints from initial pre-order customers before December, EKWB decided that the issue should have originated from the new batch of O-rings used in production at the beginning of November. Therefore, EKWB recalled all affected products at resellers and informed the customers who bought the unit after that period to check the production date accordingly and arrange a replacement unit.

However, with more and more customers reporting the issue we have realized that O-ring issue is not limited to November batch and the only appropriate action to protect customers is a total Product Recall of all sold and unsold units.

All Revision 1.0 units produced from October 2015 until end of December 2015 are potentially affected by the risk of leakage and in order to prevent any computer component damage, the units need to be replaced. The leakage may occur between copper cold plate and bracket on the water block after it is heated up and pressure rises. Current statistics show that 1 out of 10 units leaks.

We are warning all customers of EK XLC-Predator units to discontinue use of cooling device and contact EKWB for replacement unit or refund. EKWB is taking full responsibility for this issue and will be:

- Replacing or refunding all returned units to the customers
- Refunding the customer any computer component damage created by a leakage

EKWB has redesigned and released a new version of EK-XLC Predator (Revision 1.1) on the 4th of January 2016 that prevents any leakage under normal working modes. All customers with Revision 1.0 units will be offered a replacement R1.1 unit or a full refund. Revision 1.0 backplate is not compatible with Revision 1.1 backplate!

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
the replacement units are on order. I ordered them wednesday last week. had some days off this weekend for my birthday so am just catching up on email now.

My Account Manager at EKWB has said they are shipping our units today so all being well we should have replacement stock here by the end of this week.

I will update if there are any delays to this of course

Associate
the replacement units are on order. I ordered them wednesday last week. had some days off this weekend for my birthday so am just catching up on email now.

My Account Manager at EKWB has said they are shipping our units today so all being well we should have replacement stock here by the end of this week.

thats good to know , thanks for the update :)

Permabanned

Thanks for the update Rjk, as soon as you report the new units in stock I'll return my Pred 240 for replacement.

Cheers

Soldato

Ehm, the Predator 360 is been removed from the e-shop pages for pre-order, is that normal, or the product is discontinued?

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
because the units use the same MPN and EAN codes they are technically the same product.

in order for me to ensure that all of the old stock that is waiting to go back cannot ship or break the quarantine we have on it, I have removed the products from sale until the old stock is off our stock figure and has been shipped back to EKWB for reworking.

this should happen in the next day or so but it has been done to ensure we dont inconvenience anybody by accidentally sending out a recalled unit. I dont want to take any chances

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
its looking like early next week guys

i have put the skus live on the site again for pre order

if you buy a predator unit from us now it will be a new revision unit.

Back
Top Bottom