• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Associate
need this driver ASAP, sick and tired of seeing this on 16.1 Crimson. Not sure why GPUz is seeing the driver version as 15.8 as I'm on 16.1 but hey ho. Worst driver ever for crossfire.

24655495701_331954434f_h.jpg

To disable CFX ULPS in Crimson + Windows 10, follow my guide over at OCN.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1587347/...fx-windows-7-8-1-10-ccc-crimson#post_24782582

Soldato
Thats odd.
Due to no Xfire support i have been playing ROTR on a single 290x with a clock of 1100/1300 for around 3 hours.
Its a steady 27-30Fps (turned hair off)
No issues what so ever. Oh and this is on 4k Btw.

Which driver version? I'm using the Crimson 16.1 beta's and the game definitely hit's a VRAM barrier when on VERY HIGH textures @ 1080P with Purehair ON. The early stages were fine but when I got to the flash back scene in London it started severe stuttering and I had to reduce textures to HIGH. My 290X is running at 1100/1400. I'll try it on stock to see if it's not an OC problem but I get around 50-60 fps depending on area.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
need this driver ASAP, sick and tired of seeing this on 16.1 Crimson. Not sure why GPUz is seeing the driver version as 15.8 as I'm on 16.1 but hey ho. Worst driver ever for crossfire.

24655495701_331954434f_h.jpg

Matt, come on dude, you think I don't know how ULPS works and that I'd have it enabled running crossfire :p ULPS is disabled, it always is. This is what I can't understand.

Tried renabling it, disabled it, reinstalled it, still the same.

These Crimsons really have been the worst drivers for me in the last 12 months, pretty unimpressed with them to be honest. Just to many things causing annoying little issues revolving around crossfire.

And disabling ULPS in MSIAB.

That's your problem then Tony. MSI AB only disbales ULPS for GPU1. Use Trixxx instead to disable ULPS. ;)

Soldato
All the moaning here is with people OCing there cards and that counts for less than 5% of all GPU users.
This game runs great with current drivers if you just leave them alone.

Wait for the fix if you want to start playing with catalyst settings.

People forget that with AMD not having to release a driver update for this game and yet perform better than the competition at higher res with their specific driver update is quite an achievement and a credit to AMD drivers in general.

excuse me? Moaning? I'm sorry but this overclocking im talking about was done way back when the 290x came out. Iv'e only started having issues with my overclocks since the new crimson driver. Which seems to have issues with afterburner which is where my overclock is applied.

I'm not "playing" with catalyst settings so it's not that which is the issue. Also i think youll find there is more than 5% of gpu users who have overclocked cards. And im not trying to get my overclocks to run as normal to play tomb raider either. I dont even own the game yet, however a shocker for you is i do have a lot of other games i play that are demanding and i prefer to have my overclocks while playing them.

Permabanned
excuse me? Moaning? I'm sorry but this overclocking im talking about was done way back when the 290x came out. Iv'e only started having issues with my overclocks since the new crimson driver. Which seems to have issues with afterburner which is where my overclock is applied.

I'm not "playing" with catalyst settings so it's not that which is the issue. Also i think youll find there is more than 5% of gpu users who have overclocked cards. And im not trying to get my overclocks to run as normal to play tomb raider either. I dont even own the game yet, however a shocker for you is i do have a lot of other games i play that are demanding and i prefer to have my overclocks while playing them.

I shouldn't worry about it, He clearly doesn't know what's going on with Tomb Raider and the drivers problems experienced with it, Even AMD have posted regarding the problems and say they're working on them. I purposely tried today without the hefty 10 mhz overclock I was using to lock my clocks with Afterburner and nothing changed. I'm still getting the same issues, Plural, Stutter and graphical errors

As you can see it is holding core speeds well
https://www.dropbox.com/s/en5p63eey32hlgw/Screenshot 2016-02-01 15.29.50.png?dl=0

But visuals errors like this flickering in and out suck

https://www.dropbox.com/s/089kekfh64yq0zn/ROTTR 2016-02-01 17-48-39-21.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7nnrzxlb1dnquwh/ROTTR 2016-02-01 17-31-51-44.jpg?dl=0

Last edited:
Soldato

Just type run in your search bar, hit enter then type regedit and enter again. Hit edit, find then type EnableULPS and tick match exact string box. Now just hit enter 0 enter F3, repeat untill its done the whole registry. I do this every driver install, only takes a few secs.

Caporegime
OP
AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.1.1 Hotfix

Hello everyone,

Click here to download the driver.

Highlights of AMD Catalyst™ 16.1.1 Beta Windows Driver

• Performance/Quality improvements and an AMD Crossfire™ profile is available for Rise of the Tomb Raider™
  • An AMD Crossfire™ profile is available for Fallout 4

For detailed instructions on how to correctly uninstall or install the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition Drivers, please refer to the following support resources:

How-To Uninstall AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition Drivers from a Windows® Based System
How-To Install AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition Drivers on a Windows® Based System

Resolved Issues:
Assassin's Creed Syndicate - Building textures may be missing on some AMD Freesync™ displays with VSync enabled
Display corruption may occur on systems with multiple display systems when they have been left idle for some time
Mordheim: City of the Damned – some loading screens may be very dark
Star Wars™: Battlefront – The sky rendering may be corrupted in some situations
Radeon Settings – AMD OverDrive™ Power setting changes on the secondary GPU are not immediately displayed. This is seen only on dual GPU graphics cards, such as the AMD Radeon™ HD 7990 and Radeon™ R9 295x2
Radeon Settings - AMD OverDrive™ clock gauge needles for the secondary GPU may be in wrong position when the system is idle and the secondary GPU is inactive
Some games may experience brightness flickering with AMD FreeSync™ enabled
AMD Radeon Additional Settings window will close if the help button is pressed on Japanese/Korean language setups
Corruption seen in video playback for M2TS format files via Windows® 10 Movie & TV application
Flickering textures experienced in Dota 2 when accessing the "Heroes" menu
Battlefield Hardline – A crash may occur when changing graphics settings from "Ultra" to "High" during gameplay
The screen may turn dark and colors may be corrupted after installing the driver on some AMD Crossfire™ setups
Custom game profiles are reset to defaults after system is restarted
HDMI audio lost when monitor enters sleep mode and are woken up
Black line corruption seen all along the edges of characters and menus in Game of Thrones™

Known Issues:
Fallout 4 - Flickering may be experienced at various game locations with the v1.3 game update and with AMD Crossfire™ enabled. A temporary workaround is to disable AMD Crossfire™.
Far Cry 4 – Stuttering may be observed when launching the game with AMD Freesync™ and AMD Crossfire™ enabled. A temporary workaround is to disable either feature
Flickering may be observed while task switching with AMD Freesync™ enabled
Star Wars™: Battlefront - Some users may experience minor flickering or corruption at different game location or while viewing the in-game cinematics
A few game titles may fail to launch or crash if the Gaming Evolved overlay is enabled. A temporary workaround is to disable the AMD Gaming Evolved "In Game Overlay"
Star Wars™: Battlefront – Corrupted ground textures may be observed in the Survival of Hoth mission
Game stuttering may be experienced when running two AMD Radeon™ R9 295X2 graphics cards in AMD CrossFire™ mode
Assassin's Creed Syndicate – Corruption may be experienced if game is launched with AMD Freesync™ enabled. A temporary workaround is to disable AMD Freesync™
Fallout 4 – Foliage/water may ripple/stutter when game is launched in High/Ultra settings mode
Clock speeds may be seen to fluctuate during gaming on some AMD R9 Fury series products leading to poor performance and/or screen corruption
Just Cause 3 – Frame rates may be forced below 60 fps when VSync is enabled. A temporary workaround is to disable VSync for this game.
The AMD Overdrive™ memory clock slider does not show original clock values if memory speeds are overclocked
Fallout 4 –Thumbnails may flicker or disappear while scrolling the Perk levels page
Rise of the Tomb Raider™ – Game may intermittently crash or hang when launched with very high settings and AA is set to SMAA at 4K resolution
Rise of the Tomb Raider™ – Flickering may be experienced at various game locations when the game is left idle in AMD Crossfire™ mode under Windows 7. A temporary workaround is to restart the game or disable AMD Crossfire™
Star Wars™: Battlefront - Flickering seen on the textured bar on battle/tutorial loading screen

AMD Issue Reporting Form:
This driver release incorporates suggestions received through the AMD Issue Reporting Form. To provide us with your feedback, visit the AMD Issue Reporting Form.

Last edited:
Soldato
AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.1.1 Hotfix

Hello everyone,

Click here to download the driver.

Highlights of AMD Catalyst™ 15.11 Beta Windows Driver

• Performance/Quality improvements and an AMD Crossfire™ profile is available for Rise of the Tomb Raider™
  • An AMD Crossfire™ profile is available for Fallout 4

For detailed instructions on how to correctly uninstall or install the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition Drivers, please refer to the following support resources:

How-To Uninstall AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition Drivers from a Windows® Based System
How-To Install AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition Drivers on a Windows® Based System

Resolved Issues:
Assassin's Creed Syndicate - Building textures may be missing on some AMD Freesync™ displays with VSync enabled
Display corruption may occur on systems with multiple display systems when they have been left idle for some time
Mordheim: City of the Damned – some loading screens may be very dark
Star Wars™: Battlefront – The sky rendering may be corrupted in some situations
Radeon Settings – AMD OverDrive™ Power setting changes on the secondary GPU are not immediately displayed. This is seen only on dual GPU graphics cards, such as the AMD Radeon™ HD 7990 and Radeon™ R9 295x2
Radeon Settings - AMD OverDrive™ clock gauge needles for the secondary GPU may be in wrong position when the system is idle and the secondary GPU is inactive
Some games may experience brightness flickering with AMD FreeSync™ enabled
AMD Radeon Additional Settings window will close if the help button is pressed on Japanese/Korean language setups
Corruption seen in video playback for M2TS format files via Windows® 10 Movie & TV application
Flickering textures experienced in Dota 2 when accessing the "Heroes" menu
Battlefield Hardline – A crash may occur when changing graphics settings from "Ultra" to "High" during gameplay
The screen may turn dark and colors may be corrupted after installing the driver on some AMD Crossfire™ setups
Custom game profiles are reset to defaults after system is restarted
HDMI audio lost when monitor enters sleep mode and are woken up
Black line corruption seen all along the edges of characters and menus in Game of Thrones™

Known Issues:
Far Cry 4 – Stuttering may be observed when launching the game with AMD Freesync™ and AMD Crossfire™ enabled. A temporary workaround is to disable either feature
Flickering may be observed while task switching with AMD Freesync™ enabled
Star Wars™: Battlefront - Some users may experience minor flickering or corruption at different game location or while viewing the in-game cinematics
A few game titles may fail to launch or crash if the Gaming Evolved overlay is enabled. A temporary workaround is to disable the AMD Gaming Evolved "In Game Overlay"
Star Wars™: Battlefront – Corrupted ground textures may be observed in the Survival of Hoth mission
Game stuttering may be experienced when running two AMD Radeon™ R9 295X2 graphics cards in AMD CrossFire™ mode
Assassin's Creed Syndicate – Corruption may be experienced if game is launched with AMD Freesync™ enabled. A temporary workaround is to disable AMD Freesync™
Fallout 4 – Foliage/water may ripple/stutter when game is launched in High/Ultra settings mode
Clock speeds may be seen to fluctuate during gaming on some AMD R9 Fury series products leading to poor performance and/or screen corruption
Just Cause 3 – Frame rates may be forced below 60 fps when VSync is enabled. A temporary workaround is to disable VSync for this game.
The AMD Overdrive™ memory clock slider does not show original clock values if memory speeds are overclocked
Fallout 4 –Thumbnails may flicker or disappear while scrolling the Perk levels page
Rise of the Tomb Raider™ – Game may intermittently crash or hang when launched with very high settings and AA is set to SMAA at 4K resolution
Rise of the Tomb Raider™ – Flickering may be experienced at various game locations when the game is left idle in AMD Crossfire™ mode under Windows 7. A temporary workaround is to restart the game or disable AMD Crossfire™
Star Wars™: Battlefront - Flickering seen on the textured bar on battle/tutorial loading screen

AMD Issue Reporting Form:
This driver release incorporates suggestions received through the AMD Issue Reporting Form. To provide us with your feedback, visit the AMD Issue Reporting Form.

I take it that 15.11 is wrong in these details.

Soldato
I got excited seeing a crossfire profile for fallout 4 but trying it unfortunately killed my excitement.
50fps in single card mode
30fps in crossfire
I guess it could be the fact I'm running it in borderless windowed mode but that's the only way to get 21:9 to work properly.

Can anyone else confirm if that profile is working for them?

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
I got excited seeing a crossfire profile for fallout 4 but trying it unfortunately killed my excitement.
50fps in single card mode
30fps in crossfire
I guess it could be the fact I'm running it in borderless windowed mode but that's the only way to get 21:9 to work properly.

Can anyone else confirm if that profile is working for them?

CrossFire only works in fullscreen mode in DX9/10/11 games.

I take it that 15.11 is wrong in these details.

Corrected, cheers.

Back
Top Bottom