The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Associate
Picked this up yesterday, had 4 hours crash free monster slaying, but today I can't go more than 10 minutes without the display cutting out, but still have sound.

Not changed anything in between, drivers are all up to date, temps were fine each time before it crashed.

Running an i5 760 @3ghz, R9 380 4GB and windows 10

Anyone had any similar issues and have a fix or 2 to try?

Soldato
I'm sure I read a few pages back they had tweaked the engine but that would only be for Toussaint rather than the whole world. The 1.2 patch will bring some gameplay enhancements across the whole world though, even better inventory systems for instance.

Rather than wait for CDPR I'm hoping to just throw a new GFX card in before I play it again. My 7950 just doesn't cut the mustard at 1440p.

Soldato
Almost got the achievement for getting 180 or whatever it is then the other guy used biting frost as his last card and ruined my score :mad::D.

I've yet to do the gwent tournament, still collecting cards from winning inn keepers and merchants.

Associate
So it turns out that I'm completely free this weekend so would be really ideal if I could spend all of it playing blood and wine.

Does anyone know if we'll be able to use a VPN and unlock it in advance?

Wishful thinking right?

Associate
Just seen the Eurogamer review of this and can't wait. Kinda predictable they'd give it their 'essential' stamp but I already know the quality of the main game is top notch so I fully expect nothing less here and man does it look gorgeous!!

Unbelievable that an expansion will actually upstage most big budget titles this year. Really looking forward to playing this.

Associate
So it turns out that I'm completely free this weekend so would be really ideal if I could spend all of it playing blood and wine.

Does anyone know if we'll be able to use a VPN and unlock it in advance?

Wishful thinking right?

It unlocks globally at the same time I believe, monday night midnight for UK

Soldato
I received my 'box' from Game this morning (well protected in shrink wrapped bubble wrap!) containing the download code for 'Hearts of Stone', and also the card deck.

Hopefully the 'Blood and Wine' one will arrive on either Friday or Saturday, as there's no post on Monday, seeing as it's a Bank Holiday! :)

Last edited:
Associate
So according the Rock, paper shotgun preview Blood And Wine expansion has a new Skellige Gwent deck.

Nice to have some new cards in game but can't help but feel a tiny bit frustrated that my physical Gwent collection will still be be short 1 deck when it was so close to being complete lol.

Soldato
Hopefully they will bring out a separate deck to purchase.

I really enjoy winning a game of Gwent and getting a new card, I immediately make my way to my collection to see what it was. Can't wait to see the new cards in Blood and wine.

Did Hearts of stone add any new cards?

Associate
Hopefully they will bring out a separate deck to purchase.

I really enjoy winning a game of Gwent and getting a new card, I immediately make my way to my collection to see what it was. Can't wait to see the new cards in Blood and wine.

Did Hearts of stone add any new cards?

I think they added some some non deck specific shuffle cards similar to the ones you get in the monster deck when drawing one draws them all. I can't remember exactly what they were though.

Associate
Oh, I didn't realise Hearts of Stone physical bundle was still available - ordered for the Gwent Decks :cool:.

I think I'm going to organize a Gwent game night, with fresh Chicken Sandwiches and Redanian Lager served for the guests :).

Back
Top Bottom