The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Associate
It seems PS4 people can preload already :( In my GOG account it says "DLC "Blood and Wine" will be available for full download on May 30, 2016 only 36h12 left" which takes it to 10pm tomorrow UK time??

Soldato
Picked this up yesterday, had 4 hours crash free monster slaying, but today I can't go more than 10 minutes without the display cutting out, but still have sound.

Not changed anything in between, drivers are all up to date, temps were fine each time before it crashed.

Running an i5 760 @3ghz, R9 380 4GB and windows 10

Anyone had any similar issues and have a fix or 2 to try?

Bought this last week and had non-stop driver crashes until I did this:

To turn this unnecessary service completely off and regain your lost framerate, as well as prevent any associated crashes, click on the Start Button on the Windows taskbar, search for "Services" and then right-click on its icon and select "Run as administrator".

After that, scroll down through the "Services (Local)" list, find and right-click on "NVIDIA Streamer Service", then select "Properties". First click on "Stop" to turn the service off and then select "Startup type: Disabled" from the drop-down menu.

Soldato
I don't know about anyone else, but my 'Blood and Wine' box from Game did not arrive this morning, so it will be after the Bank Holiday now, I expect.

No problem anyway, as I have plenty of other 'things' I should be doing over the weekend... and on Monday evening! ;)

Same but tbh i imagine the wouldnt unlock the dgame until release day anyway?

Soldato
Yep mine too! :D

Changelog for version 1.2:
http://wpc.4d7d.edgecastcdn.net/004D7D/mkt/document/Changelog-1.20-ENG_l9fczl2s3h.pdf

Some really good changes, I'll finally complete the Collect 'Em All quest...

"Adds book titled 'A Miraculous Guide to Gwent' which displays number of gwent
cards missing from player's base-game collection and information on where to find
them
"

Pacth 1.21, about 5GB, is now live for anyone that wanting it, on GOG, Steam and Origin according to Marcin Momot from Project Red. I am downloading the patch from GOG right now.

Soldato
Probably a silly question, but I assume that the patches are cumulative, in the fact that you can (for example) install the 'original' game directly from a DVD, and then download the latest patch (1.21) to bring your installation completely up to date?

Associate
Probably a silly question, but I assume that the patches are cumulative, in the fact that you can (for example) install the 'original' game directly from a DVD, and then download the latest patch (1.21) to bring your installation completely up to date?

They are if you update your game with Galaxy, Steam or Origin. If you are installing from disc standalone you need to install patch 1.10 first, then patch 1.21. and then any DLC separately too.

You can download the files from your account on Gog.com

Soldato
In regards to the patch, it broke all mods I have (well, only 10 installed) which was expected, part from one, Icon Text survived and is still working, if anyone using it.

Also, when you start it your EXP bar will be maxed out, mine was at 2000/2000, had to kill a mob and then look in the Inventory, to make sure I got the exp, was no notification that I had leveled up or that I gained 1 Skill Point, as it was before.

Just thought I let you all know, if anyone is interested. :p

Soldato
They are if you update your game with Galaxy, Steam or Origin. If you are installing from disc standalone you need to install patch 1.10 first, then patch 1.21. and then any DLC separately too.

You can download the files from your account on Gog.com

Thanks for the information.

When I first purchase this game my download speed was absolutely hopeless, and I never got round to actually installing it.

However, now that I have a 'Superfast'... well 52 Mb/s, fibre connection, it is a far more realistic option!

Associate
They've made some pretty big UI changes, some bad however most of the changes are for the better. Items are better categorised in your inventory, the visuals across the inventory, crafting, quests, etc... looks much more like what you'd expect to see in a witcher game.

However my biggest issue right now is that decoctions are completely unidentifiable compared to what they used to look like in your inventory and now you even have to wait 1 second when you hover over them to see what they actually are. They've also removed the timer from the buff bar and it's now just a green ring around the icon that gradually depletes away to show how much time is on that buff. Not really that big of a deal but I definatley prefer the old style buff bar for it's simple functionality.

Soldato
They've made some pretty big UI changes, some bad however most of the changes are for the better. Items are better categorised in your inventory, the visuals across the inventory, crafting, quests, etc... looks much more like what you'd expect to see in a witcher game.

However my biggest issue right now is that decoctions are completely unidentifiable compared to what they used to look like in your inventory and now you even have to wait 1 second when you hover over them to see what they actually are. They've also removed the timer from the buff bar and it's now just a green ring around the icon that gradually depletes away to show how much time is on that buff. Not really that big of a deal but I definatley prefer the old style buff bar for it's simple functionality.

This mod still works with the new patch, gives you the name on lods of pots and runes. Should make it easier for you to find what you need, unless you against using mods. :p

Icon Text by MrFisse

Soldato
My game won't even launch without mods..

Error [content0]game\replacers\ciri.ws(325): Function 'GetCriticalHitChance' takes 5 parameter(s) which is inconsistent with base function (3).
Error [content0]game\player\playerwitcher.ws(1628): Function 'ApplyOil' has different return type 'Bool' than base function (void).
Error [content0]game\player\playerwitcher.ws(2033): Function 'GetCriticalHitChance' takes 5 parameter(s) which is inconsistent with base function (3).

Warning [content0]engine\environment.ws(25): Global native function 'EnableDebugOverlayFilter' was not exported from C++ code.
Warning [content0]engine\environment.ws(27): Global native function 'EnableDebugPostProcess' was not exported from C++ code.
Warning [content0]engine\showflags.ws(9): Global native function 'DebugSetEShowFlag' was not exported from C++ code.

This is what I get, any ideas..? I have verified.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom