****Official Doom 4 Thread****

VTR

VTR

Soldato
i'm now lost in the next area, trying to find the 3rd demon infestation :(

this game is starting to get very annoying, this keeps happening and it's wasting hours of precious game time, i cant be bothered with this much longer.

i'm not sure about this game now, the fighting is great but the rest is not that good, it has no feeling of dread and terror, you know exactly when the demons will appear.

this game started great but it's now becoming very annoying, because when you get lost you cant think straight, you cant see the clues, you run around frustrated.

That happened to me also, I think after where you are now, there was only 3 further places in the game where I got stuck on where to go. Stick with it, it gets better and the game gets much much better also. I finished it 2 nights back, best game I've played in years, took me around 15 hours :)

Soldato
Doom was never originally about terror, that was a Doom 3 creation. Doom is about fast frenetic action, nothing more, nothing less.

there's also quite a lot of tactics too, it's much easier to survive if you keep running around picking off one at a time, it completely confuses them.

in that tall tower base (before climbing it) i only killed about 5, i then ran around the tower base about 15 times without firing my gun, it got quieter and quieter until i heard ``demon infestation cleared``:eek::eek::D

there was loads of them, so they must have killed each other with splash damage whilst trying to hit me, or they lost control and turned on each other.

but in a smaller area it's much more fun fighting them

Last edited:
Associate
ok wtf is with all the crashes (amd 390 latest drivers) really ****ing me off

just did an uninstall then ddu then reinstall, just to be sure. Same ****..

Last edited:
Caporegime
Needs a patch, also needs 2 more shortcuts so you can go directly into snapmap or MP, irritating having to load the game then access them from that.

Man of Honour
Not had any CTDs since the last time I posted about it. Am 12hrs in. PLaying on hard difficulty and now that I've sussed how to use tactics against each demon type, it's actually quite easy.

Just walking into a level like I own the place.

Nightmare mode methinks :D

Last edited:
Soldato
So....this game worth getting ?

For £20 or so its worth it imo. Its a fun shootemup, pretty similar to the new Wolfenstein games if you liked them. I found the combat got a bit repetitive towards the end and can't seem to be bothered playing through again on the harder difficulty as the game doesn't really offer much more than the combat. But I'm in the minority there, I think a lot will play it through multiple times.

Soldato
So....this game worth getting ?

it's very repetitive and predictable, it's a modern version of DOOM 3 and very similar too, it starts of as amazing fun and then gets tiresome fairly quickly...it's all the same.

this game has no atmosphere at all, you sense nothing whilst gaming, it's very neutral..you just kill move on and kill again......nothing more.

Soldato
ok I have put a bit of time into this game and I still have the same problem, the sound quality is terrible. And I hate that you have no clue if you are taking damage or not. I don't want a stupid direction indicator, but, you should have some reaction when you are hit.

My problem with the sound is that it seems muted. Like it's happening in another room.

I am not getting the doom vibe yet either. And agree with Mal's comments above, there is no atmosphere at all. I think that's to do with sounds more than anything else though. Neutral is a very good word.

Soldato
it's very repetitive and predictable, it's a modern version of DOOM 3 and very similar too, it starts of as amazing fun and then gets tiresome fairly quickly...it's all the same.

this game has no atmosphere at all, you sense nothing whilst gaming, it's very neutral..you just kill move on and kill again......nothing more.

Thanks Mal, thats pretty much made my mind up lol

Back
Top Bottom