Gobsmacked about the Philips Fidelio X1

Soldato
X1 is more clearer with tighter better controlled bass, the mids on the X2 are more forward as well and is more of an engaging listen. X1 has a very warm sound the X2 is more neutral and is all the better for it.

That's my thoughts going from an X1 to the X2.

Associate
Anyone done a back to back with the X2's?

I'm half-contemplating the upgrade..

The X2 sounded a bit more refined. Both are dry headphones but the X2 sounds drier which helps it be more detailed and airy. The X1 is slightly warmer while the X2 isn't warm at all.

I don't really see the need to get the X1 over the X2 as it(X2) fixes a few issues. The X2 looks better, sounds better so go for it unless you want a different flavour of sound.

Soldato
dry headphones?! I would never describe X1's as dry but there you go

Nearly ordered X2's but I'm a bit drunk, deciding between ordering from Italy and the US...

Soldato
dry headphones?! I would never describe X1's as dry but there you go

Nearly ordered X2's but I'm a bit drunk, deciding between ordering from Italy and the US...
Italy you are not going to hit by custom charge/import VAT (plus RoyalMail/ParcelForce ransom) I think?

The same cannot be said about from US...

Soldato
Just changed the cable from Fisual S-Flex Mini to KabelDirekt Pro
After reading about I noticed loads people saying KabelDirekt was a better cable at £6 I though worth a gamble.

Can honestly say am abit shocked tbh they is a noticeable difference, base is much tighter and mids sound more detailed.
i think the biggest change is defo the base, it sounds so much better and cleaner if that makes sense.

C64

C64

Soldato
Just changed the cable from Fisual S-Flex Mini to KabelDirekt Pro
After reading about I noticed loads people saying KabelDirekt was a better cable at £6 I though worth a gamble.

Can honestly say am abit shocked tbh they is a noticeable difference, base is much tighter and mids sound more detailed.
i think the biggest change is defo the base, it sounds so much better and cleaner if that makes sense.

I told you ! pats trusty kable direct cable my fidelio x1 are going nowwhere so much better for gaming than the hd 650's which sound thin for gaming.

Soldato
I told you ! pats trusty kable direct cable my fidelio x1 are going nowwhere so much better for gaming than the hd 650's which sound thin for gaming.

was psycho sonny who pointed me at kabel direkt cables for the fids :) i agree massive improvement but then the original cable had an impedance of 1.7 Ohms

C64

C64

Soldato
X1's don't have replaceable pads. I think that's one of the changes that Philips brought with the X2, among others.

They kinda do you can glue on an x2 or many other pads as long as you use good glue the x2 replacement pads should be usable pretty sure theres a thread somewhere where a guy took his x1 pads off and glued another on

Nothing quite like the x1's for Hans Zimmer flacs certainly sounds much better than the sennheiser hd650's but I don't have a better amp than an e6 yet.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom