• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Associate
Yes that is how it generally works.

Sweet! its currently at 1.42 and i reckon the EU referendum will boost that. Taking into account the Hybrid wont be here for another (insert number over 2 months here), this could become a nice little reduction ;)

Seriously though, didn't realise that would be the case. Thought £689 would be the cheapest you'd price it until it releases and price could only go up.

Soldato
I tried a little voltage overclocking earlier and was sitting pretty at 2150mhz till half way through AoTS bench. I am sure with some fiddling here and there I can get 2150 or 2130Mhz stable. Just need to work out the best voltages to get but not that fussed in truth.

Is your voltage increasing? Voltage adjustment in afterburner on mine doesn't seem to be doing anything at all.

Card 1 at 1.025v
Card 2 at 1.032v

Increasing/decreasing the slider has no change to the voltage, seems to be going up/down due to clock rate hmm :confused:

Caporegime
Is your voltage increasing? Voltage adjustment in afterburner on mine doesn't seem to be doing anything at all.

Card 1 at 1.025v
Card 2 at 1.032v

Increasing/decreasing the slider has no change to the voltage :confused:

I didn't check in honesty but have had it before where using a voltage meter, the voltage was increased but according to MSI AB, it wasn't. I only tried the once but will look into it a bit more when I have time.

Associate
Associate
Soldato
I wish I could hear how noisy a FE cooler _really_ is.

Anyone know of a video showing one vs an AIB cooler with the same recording setup?

Yes I know computerbase.de have videos showing FE cooler vs AIB coolers with same recording setup.

GTX 1080 FE & Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti & GTX 980 reference:

Asus GTX 1080 Strix OC Edition & Inno3D GTX 1080 iChill X3:

Palit GTX 1080 Gamerock & Gainward GTX 1080 Phoenix:

Associate
Associate

I pre ordered a STRIX on 11/06 with Amazon pay and payment was took today, I'm 471 in the queue so guessing if they even had stock that my order wouldn't of been dispatched yet.

I ordered the Strix on the 31st with Amazon Payment and they haven't taken any money yet. If you're 471 in the queue having ordered on the 11th, I would have thought things would have started rolling for me already.

:confused:

OcUK Staff
OP
So I could change from the FTW and go with one of those instead? How would I go about doing that? :)

Call sales and they shall sort the swap for you. :)

EVGA need to try to speed up and ship a lot more as Gigabyte, MSI, Zotac, Gainward are all starting to make much nicer and larger shipments this weekend forwards to OcUK. :)

Associate

EVGA need to try to speed up and ship a lot more as Gigabyte, MSI, Zotac, Gainward are all starting to make much nicer and larger shipments this weekend forwards to OcUK. :)

This! Just got off the phone and got an MSi Gaming X, 31 in the queue.

Associate

Awesome thanks shall do that. Yeah after the news yesterday I started looking at the others.

Back
Top Bottom