Smartwatch Thread (news/apps/updates)

Associate
What's the battery life like on the Gear Fit 2 so far? Tried the GPS? 200 mAh seems a bit small compared to other watches.

Mine should arrive from France on Tuesday

Soldato
I haven't tried GPS yet as running here in murder illegal is off the list, plus it's just so hot. I charged it Friday lunchtime and after being on 24hrs a day I am down to 31%. So should hopefully last until this evening. Given how small and light it is im happy with two days' worth of battery.

Don
So, it looks like the original 360 isn't going to get Wear 2 and neither is the G-Watch R. I'm guessing the Urbane 1 won't get it either due to being the same hardware as the G-Watch.

Sucks TBH

[edit]
Removed inaccurate information
[/edit]

Soldato
So, it looks like the original 360 isn't going to get Wear 2 and neither is the G-Watch R. I'm guessing the Urbane 1 won't get it either due to being the same hardware as the G-Watch.

Sucks TBH

That BS tbh.... Early adopters get shafted, I have the moto 360 and no reason what so ever why it should not get the update.

Soldato
Forced obsolescence is nothing new in technology though, this is always the risk you take as an early adopter. It sucks but it will never change as long as companies need you to keep buying their newer products in a market that barely changes in real terms.

Soldato
Don
It looks like I was getting confused between the G-Watch and the G-Watch R. It seems that it's only the G-Watch that has been confirmed as not getting Wear 2.0 and not the R.

Apologies.

Soldato
I haven't tried GPS yet as running here in murder illegal is off the list, plus it's just so hot. I charged it Friday lunchtime and after being on 24hrs a day I am down to 31%. So should hopefully last until this evening. Given how small and light it is im happy with two days' worth of battery.

Sounds good so far! Where did you pick it up from if you don't mind me asking?

Associate
welshdragon picked his up in the US.

I received mine from the French rainforest on Monday, it has been pretty good so far, actually a bit surprised that the battery life is pretty decent. First full charge and taken off the charger at 9am yesterday and it's showing 72% remaining just now.

Soldato
welshdragon picked his up in the US.

I received mine from the French rainforest on Monday, it has been pretty good so far, actually a bit surprised that the battery life is pretty decent. First full charge and taken off the charger at 9am yesterday and it's showing 72% remaining just now.

Nice!
Can you post pics? Thinking of getting the large as my wrist is around 18cm. What was the total cost after conversion from the French one?

Soldato
Im a person who hates wearing watches.

I bought a Gear 2 Neo on ebay for a decent price on a whim.

I have worn it every day since it arrived.

Its so much more than a watch, i love it.

Associate
Nice!
Can you post pics? Thinking of getting the large as my wrist is around 18cm. What was the total cost after conversion from the French one?

£167.20 after conversion by my credit card, I think the official UK price if/when it eventually launches here will be either £150 or £160.

I measured my wrist as approx 18cm too and went for the large band, I'm wearing it one notch from the tightest setting and it's perfect.

Soldato
I'm still not convinced by wearables. Are they really that useful? Why not just look at your phone?

I always thought that.

But i find it very useful for example when in the car and a text comes through, i just glance at the watch and it tells me who its from.

When im out and about and a message comes through, my watch tells me if its worth my time getting my phone out of my pocket or not.

Soldato
£167.20 after conversion by my credit card, I think the official UK price if/when it eventually launches here will be either £150 or £160.

I measured my wrist as approx 18cm too and went for the large band, I'm wearing it one notch from the tightest setting and it's perfect.

Thanks for the feedback - appreciated!

Soldato
Sorry for the late reply. Total cost for me was £140 from best buy. So far loving it. I've disabled wifi to see how that impacts battery. My biggest issue is s health which could use an overhaul and the process for updating the band and apps is a bit fragmented. Otherwise loving it

Soldato
I'm looking to get a wearable watch, purely for when coaching football.
That way I can leave my phone in the bag and have my alerts (emails, texts, phone etc) come straight to me.
What's the recommendations from this group?
Will be hot and more than likely sweaty when wearing.

Moto 360 Sport? Seems decent for $199. All others tend to be $299.

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone still got their original moto 360?

Just sent mine back for the second time to be repaired due to the cracked back. anyone else have this issue?

Soldato
I have, although it has been playing silly b%gg&rs of late - sometimes loses all remaining battery in a matter of minutes or so (like 40% - 0%!) and won't turn on for a while......
Back has developed a couple of cracks, but I can't seem to find the receipt anywhere :(

Soldato
Anyone still got their original moto 360?

Just sent mine back for the second time to be repaired due to the cracked back. anyone else have this issue?

Still got mine but mine also has a cracked back. Tried to get it fixed by moto but they wanted £70 and wouldnt do it under warranty as it was over 14 months old.
They wouldnt budge on repairing it. Customer service was appalling to say the least, they werent interested at all. Kept on sending the same old email to me and when i tried to speak to anyone they just kept reading off a script. I even asked to be put through to a manager but couldnt get any further then the call centre.
I wont be buying another moto product due to the poor customer service i received.

Ive go the back of mine taped up with 'gaffer' tape at the moment, holding it together.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom