Smartwatch Thread (news/apps/updates)

Associate

Gonna have to find a new decent smart watch when the updates (completely) dry up for my gen 6 :(

Opted for a 44mm Galaxy Watch 6, in the end.

Specs and reviews looked good and the price (after discount offer and trade in) was very nice.

Opx3Wpw.jpeg

Pretty impressed with it so far. A few features (blood pressure, ECG and Samsung Wallet) don't work with my Pixel 7, but the screen, experience and wealth of information it drops into Samsung Health are awesome.

Afternoon stroll with the kids, yesterday:
pXrLscS.png

Some very scary looking sound files :eek:
3gsDVOF.png

Last edited:
Soldato
I have just got an garmin epix pro gen 2 47mm it's got every thing I need but it's a little uncomfortable. I have also ordered a venu 3. Once I have both I will decide which to keep. The venu 3 is not quite as good a as golf watch. But should be more comfortable.
How did you get on with the Venu 3?

I'm now on the lookout for an upgrade of a Forerunner 235. Never use the running features though (watch was a gift). Most places I ask, I'm advised to get a FR 265 but I would never use the running metrics.

Not really interested in Samsung/Google watch due to battery life being so short.

Associate
How did you get on with the Venu 3?

I'm now on the lookout for an upgrade of a Forerunner 235. Never use the running features though (watch was a gift). Most places I ask, I'm advised to get a FR 265 but I would never use the running metrics.

Not really interested in Samsung/Google watch due to battery life being so short.
That went back. I ended up with a galaxy watch 5 Pro for everyday, and a garmin approach 62 for golf. The problem is there is no perfect watch, I wanted a working ecg and Google pay and the garmin won't do either.

Last edited:
Soldato
That went back. I ended up with a galaxy watch 5 Pro for everyday, and a garmin approach 62 for golf. The problem is there is no perfect watch, I wanted a working ecg and Google pay and the garmin won't do either.
Yeah that's fair enough. Other than those two points, how was the watch in general?

Soldato
Update from me: Decided to go with an epix 2. What an upgrade from a forerunner 235. Over the moon with it, The display is impressive, Battery life is amazing (Garmin state 16 days, I was brushing on 19) pretty much overkill for what I need but for the price, Well worth the extra £50 over the Venu 3 I originally had on order.

Back
Top Bottom