Smartwatch Thread (news/apps/updates)

Soldato
My gen 1 360 is also split, but i also have a broken pin hole, so if i put a bit to much pressure it will just pop out now, i wont bother getting it repaired as it only cost me £70 so when it does go I'll get a LG Urbane or something.

Soldato
So I went to take a look at some, then realized (found out) that the range is only 30ft maybe.
Not sure what's the point then. Can buy one that will have it's own sim and $5 per month, if I wanted to go this route.

Soldato
So I went to take a look at some, then realized (found out) that the range is only 30ft maybe.
Not sure what's the point then. Can buy one that will have it's own sim and $5 per month, if I wanted to go this route.

Many of the watches now have WiFi should you stray from your phone.

The range is due to bluetooth of course.

Never really been an issue for me.

Soldato
Still got mine but mine also has a cracked back. Tried to get it fixed by moto but they wanted £70 and wouldnt do it under warranty as it was over 14 months old.
They wouldnt budge on repairing it. Customer service was appalling to say the least, they werent interested at all. Kept on sending the same old email to me and when i tried to speak to anyone they just kept reading off a script. I even asked to be put through to a manager but couldnt get any further then the call centre.
I wont be buying another moto product due to the poor customer service i received.

Ive go the back of mine taped up with 'gaffer' tape at the moment, holding it together.

Sent it off on Thursday, gave them the whole "Its clearly a design fault for it to keep happening" so hopeful they just fix it.

When did they ask you for £70? before or after you sent it in?

My gen 1 360 is also split, but i also have a broken pin hole, so if i put a bit to much pressure it will just pop out now, i wont bother getting it repaired as it only cost me £70 so when it does go I'll get a LG Urbane or something.

That's the exact state of mine at the moment, been cracked for a few months now and over the last day or so the plastic has snapped away around the pin and its falling out.

Soldato
Anyone got any experience of s health and a gear device. I bought the Gear Fit 2 and for the first two nights it recorded a breakdown of my sleep however now it doesn't. It knows I've had a sleep but the graph is now empty. Any ideas?

Soldato
As above, the Moto360 does not have a speaker, but it does have a mic so you can Ok Google, send sms and whatsapp messages, but it's a little painful to do so.

Man of Honour
does anyone know what app maps you can have on sony smartwatch either gen 2 or 3?
or is there anyway I can see what's available on it?

Soldato
So I've picked up a Moto 360 Sport as I don't fancy wearing my Huawei at a) the Gym and b) when out for a Run and I like it.

First up it looks nice, the silicone band is extremely comfortable and fits well and from first impressions should hopefully be very durable. It does however pick up anything off your clothes, kind of annoying but not a deal breaker.

Sadly the screen is nowhere near as good as the Huawei and the drop of resolution is noticeable but the screen is bright, autobrightness is nice to have and it does the job.

Was out for a run yesterday and the built in GPS impressed me a lot. Compared to my Microsoft Band 2 (which I'm now selling) it seemed to keep a very stable signal as the Band 2 would drop in the areas with plenty of foliage but the Sport managed to keep a solid signal the whole time as was proven on the route map from the Moto Body app.

The Heart Rate monitor worked well too which again is nice to see and the Moto Body app, while basic, can share your data with other apps such as Fitbit, Under Armour etc.

There is no general exercise option but there is an indoor run option which will at least try to track your treadmill distance and given it tracks your heart rate should give a decent reading of your calorie burn for a workout. I'll test this out tomorrow.

Overall I like it, it performs well but have yet to test it out properly in terms of battery life, this will be tested properly tomorrow. At the price it can be had for now, £139, it's certainly a good option.

Soldato
Gear 2 is Tizen and not Android Wear isn't it?

If it uses the actions that appears on notifications like Android Wear does then I don't think there's a way to mark it as read. Maybe with a different email app.

I'm using EvolveSMS as my texting app because of this, it offers a "Read" option in the notification which also appears on my GWR. I wish WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger had this.

Soldato
Ah yeah, I completely forgot about Tizen! Ah well, will see how it goes! Battery currently on 6% down from 50% yesterday around midday. Brightness has been on full with me playing around with it constantly. Hope that means minimum of 2 days if not 3 days!

Associate
Since my Sony Smartwatch 3 updated a week or so again notifications seem to have stopped. Works when I get a call but for nothing else, anyone have any ideas what could cause this? I've tried a factory reset...

Back
Top Bottom