*** The official Asus ROG Swift PG348Q 34" ultra-wide thread ***

Soldato
Ordered a Asus PG348Q & Ergotron MX Desk Mount this morning....:):):)
Now am not going to want to look at my bank poor account...:(

Now what the bets I be ordering a new GPU or two very soon...:p

Mobster
Soldato

Grats on the purchase, you've ordered the best superwide out there right now. It's truly is an awesome bit of kit.

Soldato
If it wasn't for the awful looking stand and weird back panel and the fact Asus have there premium tax I would have bought one. I went with the Acer x34A. Comes in 2 hours.

Me too.

Their design choices are SOOOOO questionable and makes me stay away from their gaming range.

Look at the designo 21:9, beautiful! so its not like asus can't do it!

Mobster
Soldato
If it wasn't for the awful looking stand and weird back panel and the fact Asus have there premium tax I would have bought one. I went with the Acer x34A. Comes in 2 hours.

You hated the Asus stand yet liked the X34A's ? lol. The weird back panel not only is actually pretty neat with genius cable management built into it, good luck getting that from your Acer. I paid £948 for my PG348Q, how much was your X34A ?

Associate

I have the same problem as you with a 60cm wide desk but I really want this monitor. How far is the centre of the screen from the wall now? any side-on pics please?

Associate
hello.. bit of strange question here... could someone measure the full height and width of this monitor for me in inches please... I am not sure I could fit it on my desktop but I want get one badly :) thank you

Caporegime
hello.. bit of strange question here... could someone measure the full height and width of this monitor for me in inches please... I am not sure I could fit it on my desktop but I want get one badly :) thank you

*Literally* a 2 second Google;

Dimension with Stand(WxHxD): 829 x 558 x 297 mm

So 83cm wide

Soldato
I have the same problem as you with a 60cm wide desk but I really want this monitor. How far is the centre of the screen from the wall now? any side-on pics please?
With it mounted on my Ergotron MX Desk Mount

The centre of the front of the screen is 18cm from the wall...(May be even less from the wall for you as my vertical desk & shelf brackets are stopping my Ergotron MX Desk Mount from being able to go right back to the wall)
The left/right sides of the screen are about 20.5cm from the wall..

I try take some pictures later..(Edit: Pictures now Added)

Last edited:
Soldato
2nd PG348Q today and while no screen faults i.e dead pixels, dust etc. First panel had a piece of dust inside however this one the backlight bleed is horrid.

I shall be sending this one back, it will also be my final PG348Q. Dont want to try for another one at all.

Yes it is as bad as this in the pic.

Witcher 3 with true representation. Swamps nearly a 3rd of the screen even in a light background. Horrid.

Lovely panel, love the 21:9 aspect but this glow completely ruins my experience. The first panel I wish I kept as there was a very minor bit of glow. This one however is many times worse.

Back to my TN swift it is then :(

Last edited:
Associate
With it mounted on my Ergotron MX Desk Mount

The centre of the front of the screen is 18cm from the wall...(May be even less from the wall for you as my vertical desk & shelf brackets are stopping my Ergotron MX Desk Mount from being able to go right back to the wall)
The left/right sides of the screen are about 20.5cm from the wall..

Excellent thank you! I have space behind the desk as its against a window, so I should be able to get it even further back. Photos were useful, appreciate it! Now I know what I am buying this week :)

Associate
2nd PG348Q today and while no screen faults i.e dead pixels, dust etc. First panel had a piece of dust inside however this one the backlight bleed is horrid.

I shall be sending this one back, it will also be my final PG348Q. Dont want to try for another one at all.

Yes it is as bad as this in the pic.

Witcher 3 with true representation. Swamps nearly a 3rd of the screen even in a light background. Horrid.

Lovely panel, love the 21:9 aspect but this glow completely ruins my experience. The first panel I wish I kept as there was a very minor bit of glow. This one however is many times worse.

Back to my TN swift it is then :(

Dayumm that's bad.

Soldato
Dayumm that's bad.

It is. Right hand side is pretty perfect but left hand side :(. Takes up the top third of the screen.

I will be returning this one for sure but I think I may try a third and final monitor.

The first one was fine bleed wise. Apart from a smudge/dirt in the screen.

Hopefully 3rd time lucky as it is a fantastic panel. Just as usual with Asus, QC on the panel lets it down.

Back
Top Bottom