*** The official Asus ROG Swift PG348Q 34" ultra-wide thread ***

Soldato
75 brightness. Normally for me I'd have it higher. Other monitor was on 85 and no where near as bad as this one.

The camera picked it up as blue screen. In reality it is black/ish but the bleed is still as bad as shown in the photo.
Mine got some bleed in the top right hand corner if set to 75 brightness..

But I only normally have it set to around 25 brightness

Last edited:
Soldato
Mine has a little too, but doesn't bother me as I tend to set a low brightness level too (27)

I'll try some adjustments later tonight after work. I hope it will help and not be too dim for me.

What sort of other levels do you have set? Contrast etc for best picture setup?

If not then I'll get this one picked up Tuesday and have a new one arrive at the same time. Hopefully 3rd time lucky.

Soldato
Thanks :). I'll have a little play around with it later on then, see if it makes much difference. I think I may find it a bit too dim at anything like that setting though.
On mine if I push the screen in very gently where the bleed is the bleed completely disappears and but comes back straight away when I let go ..
It as if the glue or what ever they use to hold the screen in is not strong enough

Is this the same with yours ?

Last edited:
Soldato
On mine if I push the screen in very gently where the bleed is the bleed completely disappears and but comes back straight away when I let go ..
It as if the glue or what ever they use to hold the screen in is not strong enough

Is this the same with yours ?

Yeah it's the same with mine. The panel itself is held together with metal strips which are usually screwed together or clipped. Obviously not strong enough or not of good quality to sufficiently clamp the layers.

I've known a few people wedge stuff in the bezel to force the bleed away. Don't think I could do it with the amount I have.

You will get some leakage but it should be IPS glow or very minor bleed. Nothing of this caliber.

I'll try a few adjustments but I'm likely to try a third and final panel and hope it's better than this one.

Associate
Guess nobody knows how. Did TFTCentral get a super cherry picked sample or? Pretty much every other single review hits ~6-700:1 Contrast Ratios.

Man of Honour
Links to some reviews where 600-700:1 is achieved?

1000:1 is not unusual for a modern IPS panel so personally I find the other figures far more unlikely.

Soldato
Tad late but monitor swapped over (see post above with very bad backlight bleed) and I am very pleased to say the one I have received today I am very happy with!

Backlight bleed miles better than the other one and no dead pixels/dust. Overclocks to 100hz just fine and runs just fine aswell.

Very happy with this one! Look forward to some gaming now :).

Associate
Links to some reviews where 600-700:1 is achieved?

1000:1 is not unusual for a modern IPS panel so personally I find the other figures far more unlikely.

A couple. Is it just me reading it wrong or ?
http://www.kitguru.net/peripherals/...4-3440x1440-ips-g-sync-curved-100hz-review/4/
680:1

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/asus_rog_swift_pg348q_curved_gsync_monitor_review,9.html
670:1

http://hexus.net/tech/reviews/monitors/91304-asus-rog-swift-pg348q/?page=2
630:1 is their highest lel, unless you count 28k:1 @ 0 brightness.

Man of Honour
That is odd. The one thing those 3 reviews have in common is the use of a Spyder 4 or 5 colorimeter. I've never found Spyder devices to be very accurate at all in my previous testing of them and so the difference could well be down to that. I used an Xrite i1 display pro colorimeter which I would consider a superior device to the Spyder models and one of its strengths is its luminance and black point accuracy (and therefore CR calculation)

Those kind of figures for that screen don't seem right at all so it's likely the device is to blame. Or it's possibly a dodgy screen sample. Not sure where those review sites are based geographically or whether any of us will actually have tested the same sample as one another perhaps too. Maybe there is a big variance between samples but I would still be inclined to think the results I obtained were more likely to represent the likely performance of that screen when you consider the spec. And also the wide range of CR results obtained from other screens based on the same panel which were certainly much higher than 630-670:1!!

I've got measurements for the CR at home using the i1 Pro 2 spectrophotometer device which I will check tomorrow but those should line up with my i1 display pro device I'm sure.

Be interesting if any users could test their screen if they have access to any devices?

Associate
Hi,

Just taken delivery of my PG348Q today - what a beauty, love it. No dead/stuck pixels or unbearable glow, very chuffed.

Turned brightness down to 27. Any recommended colour settings anyone can share?

Have to admit I have no clue when it comes to gync/adaptive sync and all that. Have set the monitor overclock to 100. Is there Nvidia "control panel" settings I should check to make sure there is nothing fighting against gsync?

Thanks very much for educating this newbie in the world of ultrawide and gsync :)

Associate
Hi,

Just taken delivery of my PG348Q today - what a beauty, love it. No dead/stuck pixels or unbearable glow, very chuffed.

Turned brightness down to 27. Any recommended colour settings anyone can share?

Have to admit I have no clue when it comes to gync/adaptive sync and all that. Have set the monitor overclock to 100. Is there Nvidia "control panel" settings I should check to make sure there is nothing fighting against gsync?

Thanks very much for educating this newbie in the world of ultrawide and gsync :)

Make sure Gsync is enabled. Then just play your games.
Disable Vsync in the Manage 3D Setting - Global if you dont want crazy inputlag when you hit the cap (i.e. 100 or 101 fps and higher)

Associate
interested in this . i had the X34 when first came out and went back due to problems (twice) got a refund and since been using 3 x dell 144hz gysync , it was enjoyable at first but these past couple of months its been a bore and novalty has worn off due to it being incapatble with some games and had to use widescreen fixer on 50% of games i play . COD black ops 3 was awful and looked to way stretched. i have a very high end rig with dual 980ti's and 5960x @4.5ghz (j batch) and watercooled and im torn between this the Acer X34a revision or the Acer 32in 4K Gsync for about £300 less than these ultra wides . i have to admit i do like 4k , but do i wait for 120hz DP1.3 , i have already sold one of my dells .might just keep hold of one for a spare if the new screens dont work out .

Associate
Tad late but monitor swapped over (see post above with very bad backlight bleed) and I am very pleased to say the one I have received today I am very happy with!

Backlight bleed miles better than the other one and no dead pixels/dust. Overclocks to 100hz just fine and runs just fine aswell.

Very happy with this one! Look forward to some gaming now :).
What is the manufacture date of your 3rd screen?

Associate
I have just installed mine and it seems perfect.. and the vendor I bought it from said he has never had an RMA request. if you can tell me where to find the production date ill share it.

Back
Top Bottom