So this Pokemon Go fad thing ..............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

It's nice to see parents and children making a day of things and bonding over it. My brother took his kids out for a picnic and they played some around the local woods before going for ice cream.

In a controlled environment and with children it's great. Watching 300 mindless adults swarming Central Park is a bit scary mind. Especially considering there's no real strategy like the old Gameboy versions.

Soldato

But the danger arises when the characters run away from users, who end up chasing the creatures through parks, roads and fields, often with their eyes glued to their screens.

:eek:
It looks like I'm going to be extra vigilant on my bike then.
I don't give a toss if they walk out in front of my car because I won't get injured.

You're a constant delight as per, dimple.

Caporegime
Doesn't bother me at all. With all the crap that's going on in the world I really dont think a mobile phone game is the top of my moan list.

I play flight simulators. I consider myself as much of a geek as them.

Soldato
OP, get yersen upto Hanley park if you want a laugh, I've already seen one person walk straight in the lake. Also, there is apparently a 'Gym' on the Michelin roundabout, which would explain the gaggle of zombies I saw around there earlier. Just surprised none of them have tried to 'catch' one of the Bibendums yet.

Associate
I can't help but think the OP is desperate for someone to step out in front of him so he can have a bit of a strop :D;)

Man of Honour
OP
You're a constant delight as per, dimple.

I don't know you but whooooooooooooooooooooosh

I can't help but think the OP is desperate for someone to step out in front of him so he can have a bit of a strop :D;)

Believe me, after 4 years of cycle commuting I stopped getting road rage after 6 months because I was getting too stressed out. I just roll my eyes now.
Anyway, you obviously missed the OP where I did say 5 have already stepped out and I said nothing.

Wise Guy
Soldato
Yeah I don't really get this fad either. Was at Caffe Nero earlier with a mate who said it's like a cross between Facebook and a sat-nav. How he described it, I got the impression that you're on Google Maps with the phone's camera active (so you see around you), then Pokemon characters appear on-screen, like superimposed on whatever's on the camera screen. Then you have to 'tag' the monster / check-in like you do on Facebook. Kinda like playing Pokemon trading cards, but an online version? It'll end up being very grabby like the FB check-in type posts.

It will be over when school starts again, and the weather gets cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom