So this Pokemon Go fad thing ..............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Anybody dead or seriously injured yet?

I had no idea about this until yesterday evening.
On Thursday & Friday I experienced 5 pedestrians walking straight in front of my cycle which is not unusual but 5 in 2 days is.
Last night I witnessed from outside the pub, a bloke and his son, nearly get run over because they were looking into a phone and then about 5 minutes later a young couple walk straight into the road doing the same thing.
This prompted a woman to say 'They must be playing Pokemon' which me and others needed an explanation for.
My mate then said that two Australians have been killed walking over a cliff playing a game so that might be it.

So, any good or near miss Darwin stories?

For those that can't read -
I really don't care about the game, it gets people and families out of the house doing something together which is brilliant.
I'm bothered about people pointlessly hurting themselves (and me).

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
A girl got ran over trying to catch something in the road.

But the danger arises when the characters run away from users, who end up chasing the creatures through parks, roads and fields, often with their eyes glued to their screens.

:eek:
It looks like I'm going to be extra vigilant on my bike then.
I don't give a toss if they walk out in front of my car because I won't get injured.

Man of Honour
OP
Don't see any difference to normal tbh, people still walking around aimlessly with their face in their phone like zombies.

It isn't though and that's why I started the thread if you read what I wrote.
I noticed a difference in peoples behaviour on Thursday & Friday and then it was explained to me.

And I'd just like to add before some poster misquotes me, that I have no problem with people enjoying themselves however they want (within the law obviously).

Man of Honour
OP
Who cares what others do in their free time? It's of absolutely zero consequence to you, they're enjoying themselves, what's the problem?

AND ONCE AGAIN I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH IT

What I have a problem with is people risking my life by walking straight in front of me while I'm cycling.

I will put it in bigger letters and Comic Sans next time.

Man of Honour
OP
I read what you wrote, what I'm saying is people walking around with their faces in their phones is absolutely normal. It was happening before Pokemon, it's happening after Pokemon.

I agree however I probably have 1 person every 2 weeks who walks in front of me while looking at their phone, on Thursday and Friday I had 10 weeks worth of hassle.
While sitting outside the pub last night I saw 4 people nearly get maimed by cars because they walked straight in front of them which I've not witnessed before.
From Monday morning I know I'm going have to be extra vigilant of pedestrians, this is a lot worse than 'normal'.

Man of Honour
OP
You're a constant delight as per, dimple.

I don't know you but whooooooooooooooooooooosh

I can't help but think the OP is desperate for someone to step out in front of him so he can have a bit of a strop :D;)

Believe me, after 4 years of cycle commuting I stopped getting road rage after 6 months because I was getting too stressed out. I just roll my eyes now.
Anyway, you obviously missed the OP where I did say 5 have already stepped out and I said nothing.

Man of Honour
OP
Posting intentionally inflammatory things in order to get a reaction is my definition. Never been guilty of that?! Anyway, feel free to ignore, I'm distracting from your amazing thread where you pass judgment on the hobby of others and suggest that you'd not care about running over a pedestrian :cool:

Are you trolling on purpose?
How many times have I got to say in this thread that I'm not bothered about peoples hobbies?
This is getting people & families out of the house and together which is a good thing.
I'm bothered about people hurting themselves (and me) while carrying out their hobby.
And if you seriously think I'd not care about running somebody over then I haven't got an answer for that, it's too ridiculous a statement and you know it

Next time you have been warned, I will type in Comic Sans if you can't get the message that the hobby itself doesn't bother me.
Now stop trolling.

Man of Honour
OP
Whoah there soldier. No need to go full comic sans.

Please do continue with the handbags at dawn, however.

I'M SERIOUS - I nearly did that with italics.

I think 3 times in this thread I've been accused of having a go at people playing Pokemon Go, I'm not bothered about the game because I've done stupid things in the past so I'm not one to judge.

Man of Honour
OP
I think secretly he wants to run someone over who's playing Pokemon Go so he can laugh at them.

In the past 4 years I've been off my bike 3 times because of pedestrians walking in front of me.
One I got a dislocated shoulder, the other I got a cracked elbow and the 3rd I got a nasty hurt finger.
The last thing I want is pedestrians walking out on me, they already scare me and now this has been thrown into the pot :(

Serious post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom