• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Pascal Titan-X Launch

Associate
OP
Time to find out what these can really do.

Soldato
Will anywhere else other than Nvidia be selling this card?

According to Nvidia... Nope!

Basically the Titan cards have destroyed EU Tesla sales so badly they have had to restrict these cards to 2 per customer, you can only buy them if you are an end user, they will not be available in built systems or to system builders and they will only be available direct from Nvidia.

Associate
30% faster for 100% more cash, that nvidia math be bad.

Like a lot of high performance kit the nearer you get to the top tier the more it costs, anyone considering TX isnt going to be thinking value

My mate has nissan GTR car paid about £40k for it to get a 10% speed increase he needs to spend nearly £20k to take up to >1000bhp, obviously not the same thing just pointing the increase at top of innovation and performance is always gonna be exponential and to be expected really.

Caporegime
According to Nvidia... Nope!

Basically the Titan cards have destroyed EU Tesla sales so badly they have had to restrict these cards to 2 per customer, you can only buy them if you are an end user, they will not be available in built systems or to system builders and they will only be available direct from Nvidia.

Not true. They arent available to be sold as cards from anybody but Nvidia but system builders can sell them as part of full systems.

Soldato
confirmed, quick check of system builders and a few of the big custom companies already offering Titan Pascal as an option

Well i think they may have jumped the gun regarding that. I have been told by one of the top NVidia guys in the UK that they will not be available through distribution to be integrated as people have been using Titan cards instead of Tesla cards in 4/8 way gpu compute systems (Myself included) as the single precision performance is as good on a card that is 1/8th of the price. So in an attempt to curb this certain guidelines have been put in place. Otherwise other companies would have them available or at least on preorder. They may do a U Turn on this but we will see.

Soldato
Like a lot of high performance kit the nearer you get to the top tier the more it costs, anyone considering TX isnt going to be thinking value

My mate has nissan GTR car paid about £40k for it to get a 10% speed increase he needs to spend nearly £20k to take up to >1000bhp, obviously not the same thing just pointing the increase at top of innovation and performance is always gonna be exponential and to be expected really.

Yeah because a GTR has almost 1,000bhp. Try dividing that by 2 and you're closer.

Back
Top Bottom