• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Soldato
Here is the response Zotac gave:

Our waterblock was made by aluminum with antioxidant protection. Based on our own test, we did not find any problem even with water (not coolant). Also many of the radiator you can find on the market were made by aluminum also.

Also we had a note inside the package, which tell the end-user this waterblock can only work with coolant made for PC watercooling. Our waterblock would not cause any issue to end-user's waterloop.

I'm sorry but I don't buy it.

Man of Honour
Big clue to whether a card is selling well or not.

Free games !!!!

And there are no free games with the latest NVidia cards.

Hmm good point. They didn't need any extra incentive this time around. It's always been a major selling point for me, as you could sell the game codes for 10-20 each and make a big saving on the purchase :cool:

Associate
hey ocuk, pls an update on you evga 1080s ftw or classy, when will they be delivered and how many?

There is an emergency small shipment landing with Overclockers on Wednesday/Thursday this week to clear some backorders on FTW and Classified that were thought previously cleared. (10 units of FTW and 10 of Classified)

The more major shipment will land Monday 22nd August with SC/FTW and TBC Classified cards.

Thanks
Ben

Associate
so no SC AGAIN this week......

I am sorry, as stated last week I thought the backlog had been cleared. I dont have any of this extra stock on the SC as I do have on the FTW and Classified to solve this small extra backlog.

I do have incoming stocks this week though and so a strong quantity of this card will be shipped to Overclockers for delivery worst case Monday 22nd August.

Apologies for this misunderstanding
Ben

Associate
I am sorry, as stated last week I thought the backlog had been cleared. I dont have any of this extra stock on the SC as I do have on the FTW and Classified to solve this small extra backlog.

I do have incoming stocks this week though and so a strong quantity of this card will be shipped to Overclockers for delivery worst case Monday 22nd August.

Apologies for this misunderstanding
Ben

Not your fault Ben, and thanks for the quick reply :)
I do think that not just EVGA, but all manufacturers should have sufficient stock for a major release in the future though.

Last edited:
Associate
There is an emergency small shipment landing with Overclockers on Wednesday/Thursday this week to clear some backorders on FTW and Classified that were thought previously cleared. (10 units of FTW and 10 of Classified)

The more major shipment will land Monday 22nd August with SC/FTW and TBC Classified cards.

Thanks
Ben

so i assume these cards are only for back pre-orders?

Associate
I'd like to chime in on the EVGA 1080 Hybrid. It's been a couple of months now. With ETA's being pushed back again and again.

Is there any actual solid info to when they'll arrive? How many in the expected shipments, how many pre-orders, how long is it expected to fulfill all the pre-orders?

iGPU's are not fun when a liquid cooled 1080 is hovering on the horizon...

Associate
I'd like to chime in on the EVGA 1080 Hybrid. It's been a couple of months now. With ETA's being pushed back again and again.

Is there any actual solid info to when they'll arrive? How many in the expected shipments, how many pre-orders, how long is it expected to fulfill all the pre-orders?

iGPU's are not fun when a liquid cooled 1080 is hovering on the horizon...

OK guys

One thing you have to understand with the EVGA GTX1080 Hybrid is we have never given set up information for this card to anyone. Look at the photo on the Overclockers site, this was taken at our Computex suite in Taiwan back in June of a prototype of the card.

Once a product is roughly 2 weeks away from market we confirm specs and pricing with customers and authorise set up for pre-order.
Of course at launch of GTX1080 it was obvious EVGA would offer a Hybrid card, and we made it known that this would be on the FTW PCB but look around, this card is not available for pre-order anywhere else in Europe. I am about to release this elsewhere this coming week but never before this. Overclockers decided to set this card up knowing they would receive stock eventually but were never instructed to do so by myself.

As always I will let you know when I have a solid ETA date but as we are just setting this card up elsewhere please now expect 2 weeks. We try to give guidance at earlier times but delays can be hit. We will not release a product until it 100% passes quality control and this at EVGA is very stringent.

Any more questions please let me know.
Ben

Associate
OK guys

One thing you have to understand with the EVGA GTX1080 Hybrid is we have never given set up information for this card to anyone. Look at the photo on the Overclockers site, this was taken at our Computex suite in Taiwan back in June of a prototype of the card.

Once a product is roughly 2 weeks away from market we confirm specs and pricing with customers and authorise set up for pre-order.
Of course at launch of GTX1080 it was obvious EVGA would offer a Hybrid card, and we made it known that this would be on the FTW PCB but look around, this card is not available for pre-order anywhere else in Europe. I am about to release this elsewhere this coming week but never before this. Overclockers decided to set this card up knowing they would receive stock eventually but were never instructed to do so by myself.

As always I will let you know when I have a solid ETA date but as we are just setting this card up elsewhere please now expect 2 weeks. We try to give guidance at earlier times but delays can be hit. We will not release a product until it 100% passes quality control and this at EVGA is very stringent.

Ben

I definitely think Overclockers have a lot of the blame to take for this, having put the card up for pre-order so early, however, I doubt even they realised that the card would take this long to come out.

I was a little later with my pre-order and made it on the 10th of June. Even that though is over 2 months which is appalling.

I completely understand that this launch has been horrible for everyone, with Nvidia taking a lot of the blame, but when a lot of people have put in £690 or even the ridiculous £800 that overclockers have it at just now, it's shocking. Thankfully I chose to pay using amazon payments so no money has been taken out of my account, but I'm sure there are loads that are a lot of money down, for nothing to show for it 2 months later whilst Overclockers reap the benefits of having the money sat in their account.

I noticed that the hybrid card has been up on pre-order on EVGA's website twice over the last 2 weeks, but again with no indication of dispatch. It was up for around £705 (At the time I checked with the conversion from Euro to Pound) which is a lot cheaper than what Overclockers are trying to get for them.

This isn't against you at all Ben, I understand that you are unfortunately the front line when it comes to this. I just hope that you also understand the frustrations of the people here that have made these pre-orders, whom some (As with GraycorSatoru above) have sold their previous cards ready for this release and have been stuck without a decent Dedicated GPU for quite some time (Myself included, sold 2x980's and have since had to buy a temporary 780Ti to keep me going).

I just really hope that this "2 weeks" is actually just gonna be 2 weeks, although I am regretfully doubtful.

Soldato
Ben

Hi Ben

Is there somewhere we can discuss my 1080 superclock order I made from another site. Obviously can't discuss here cause of the competitor talk rule (not that I have anything good to say about them). Basically every estimate I get given is pushed back by 3 weeks the night before and they blame their suppliers.

Thanks for your time.

Associate
While everything Ben just said is reasonable, there's clearly confusion within EVGA as to when the Hybrid would land. I bought this with the plan to play the new games I purchased during the Steam summer holidays before work starts again in September. Because of mixed messages I kept waiting and waiting as the dates kept moving slightly forward and now it's too late. Very disappointed in EVGA.

Hi All

Update at the end of the week here in terms of the first stocks arriving, we hit an extra day delay on the SC so now first stocks likely next Monday 13th. There is a small chance we may still hit Friday 10th.

SC - 13th June.
FTW - 17th June.
Classified - End of June
Hybrid - Early July.
Hydro Copper - Late July

Just trying to keep dates updated here best I can.

Ben

Associate
I bought this with the plan to play the new games I purchased during the Steam summer holidays before work starts again in September. Because of mixed messages I kept waiting and waiting as the dates kept moving slightly forward and now it's too late. Very disappointed in EVGA.

Exactly.

When the card arrives, 3 months later than we were lead to believe, Uni will have started up again and I won't have the time to play with it. Just fantastic!

Associate
Exactly.

When the card arrives, 3 months later than we were lead to believe, Uni will have started up again and I won't have the time to play with it. Just fantastic!

I've been stuck playing crappy games on my crappy work laptop for months while I have $5k paperweight acting as a HTPC without a GPU, it's about the same as my Rasbperry Pi 2 in regards of utility right now. Nothing to say about the HTC Vive lying around. I'm not in a financial or time based position to buy another GPU, it's not practical.

It's just depressing, I've been so close to cancelling and moving over to a SeaHawk which I'd get by the end of the week but I was set on the Hybrid. Call me foolish, I'm not sure whether it was the right decision or not. :confused:

It better be a good card for the wait, my word.

Thanks Ben for the 2 weeks timeframe for possible info, it's easier to wait for a certain time than just sit in the dark.

Back
Top Bottom