Smartwatch Thread (news/apps/updates)

Man of Honour
had a look, but couldn't see anything on the tizen website. bt something must exist if they advertise it.

hopefully some one on here will get on and can let me know.

as this is what I really want from a smart watch.

and battery like on the Apple Watch is apparently about 6hours with gps on, which well is rubbish to the point its unusable.

Soldato
Well, I have the S3 Frontier.....pre-ordered as soon as they became available on the Samsung site, and bagged the Level Active headphones (which I don't need) too. As one of the early round of pre-orders, they actually sent mine out on Friday 11th, and it arrived Monday 14th, although I was working away until Wednesday last week.

First impressions, having come from a gen 1 Moto 360, it is larger but really not cumbersome. The software is really nice, and the user interface very very slick - I love the rotating dial, not just the hardware feel of it, but the functionality. The watch comes with a fair few bits and bobs in situ, but I have added apps like Uber and Goal+, and they seem to work very nicely. Screen is really nice, very colourful and sharp; even viewing a photo on the screen is actually pretty good! Speaker sound quality is decent - not really one for those banging tunes, but will actually play a mp3 or something OK.
Battery life is excellent. So far, I have not tried longer than 3 days, but not having to charge more or less every day is good. The charging dock is similar to the 360's, i.e. wireless, but is also magnetic so the watch 'sticks' nicely in to place.

Soldato
Well, I have the S3 Frontier.....pre-ordered as soon as they became available on the Samsung site, and bagged the Level Active headphones (which I don't need) too. As one of the early round of pre-orders, they actually sent mine out on Friday 11th, and it arrived Monday 14th, although I was working away until Wednesday last week.

First impressions, having come from a gen 1 Moto 360, it is larger but really not cumbersome. The software is really nice, and the user interface very very slick - I love the rotating dial, not just the hardware feel of it, but the functionality. The watch comes with a fair few bits and bobs in situ, but I have added apps like Uber and Goal+, and they seem to work very nicely. Screen is really nice, very colourful and sharp; even viewing a photo on the screen is actually pretty good! Speaker sound quality is decent - not really one for those banging tunes, but will actually play a mp3 or something OK.
Battery life is excellent. So far, I have not tried longer than 3 days, but not having to charge more or less every day is good. The charging dock is similar to the 360's, i.e. wireless, but is also magnetic so the watch 'sticks' nicely in to place.
Promising comments.

I like the buttons on the Frontier but I prefer the silver of the Classic. Tough choice.

Soldato
Promising comments.

I like the buttons on the Frontier but I prefer the silver of the Classic. Tough choice.

Yeah, I did consider the Classic as maybe more office suitable(?)....but felt that the Frontier just looked better - I think, next to the Frontier, that the Classic bezel just looked like it was missing something, detail perhaps, I dunno....very subjective!

Further update on my Frontier......took it off charge around 6.30am on Monday, and not charged it since; currently sitting on 50% exactly, which whilst not having been through 'heavy use', has been fiddled with and demoed to peeps in the office. Few more apps installed, including Here navigation, and it really does seem to be an excellent watch.

On the whole, I really like the interface and it makes using the watch quite a bit easier/slicker than Android Wear on the 360....Of course, time will tell more :)

Back
Top Bottom