Smartwatch Thread (news/apps/updates)

Soldato
Enjoying mine, came yesterday, feels of nice quality as my other watch is a Brietling I thought it would feel cheap but doesn't really nice screen and quality strap which I will change for a difference colour at some point. Very snappy and quick through the menus, nice to see on your wrist why your phone is buzzing away in your pocket while your driving.
Very handy reminder system which you store via voice and my calendar sync's in nicely.

IMG-20161123-WA0005_zpsztdo8shp.jpeg

Last edited:
Don
I cracked and ordered the Huawei W1... coming today.

How are you finding it? I got mine today and I can't figure out why my notification aren't being displayed. When I first paired it to my Pixel it displayed the unopened mortifications I had but since then nothing is showing up.

Soldato
For anyone that wants to see...

To be honest, I've not really had it one my wrist since making the video as I'm off work this week and generally slouching about the flat...

I've put it on now to see.

Don
Mine seem to be okay. Have you checked through permissions perhaps? Phone and Watch. Have you had a smartwatch before? You need to allow notifications to be passed to it.

Nope, first smartwatch for me. Where would I find permissions on the watch? Do not disturb is switched off and when I installed android wear I allowed notifications but still no luck.

edit: I've found permissions on the watch and enabled every single option but I couldn't see anything directly related to notifications.

edit2: I think I've got it working. Permissions on my phone was blocking notifications for sms but when I allowed that it seems to have allowed Gmail notifications to come through too :confused:

Man of Honour
Have you got a samsung mobile? If so Samsung fitness along with the s3 will track hiking and hill climbing with gps

its not so much tacking like that, its routing. in one of there promo videos it says something along the lines of easily see if you are still on route.
apple watch has view ranger app(they made no announcement for android so i'm assuming they have at least a 1 year exclusivity deal), i dont know what Samsung have.
google maps do not show walking routes.

Last edited:
Associate
Got my Huawei w1 yesterday and it's a lovely piece of kit for the price it is right now! But it's hammering the battery on my Samsung s6 edge+

Left the house at 8 this morning fully charged and I'm down to 22% with what I would consider minimal use :confused:

That can't be right!

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Got my Huawei w1 yesterday and it's a lovely piece of kit for the price it is right now! But it's hammering the battery on my Samsung s6 edge+

Left the house at 8 this morning fully charged and I'm down to 22% with what I would consider minimal use :confused:

That can't be right!

That isn't right. What does it say is using battery in the stats?

I got one yesterday too, coming from my GWR which I like, this is very nice. :)

Don
Not overly impressed with the battery life of the watch itself either. Unplugged at around 10.30am this morning and it's down to 5% battery now.

Edit: just checked the battery details and it's saying it's been off charge since last night :confused:

Soldato
Not overly impressed with the battery life of the watch itself either. Unplugged at around 10.30am this morning and it's down to 5% battery now.

Edit: just checked the battery details and it's saying it's been off charge since last night :confused:

yeah something not right there. I took mine off charge at around 6:30am and didn't seat it on the charger right at the end of that day :rolleyes:. By the end of the next day it still had 20% batt at 10:30 at night.

My previous 360 would have died probably mid morning on the 2nd day.

The only thing I don't like about this watch is the vibration. Compared to my 360 its soooo loud. I can basically hear the vibration motor more than I can feel it.

Last edited:

V_R

V_R

Soldato
The only thing I don't like about this watch is the vibration. Compared to my 360 its soooo loud. I can basically hear the vibration motor more than I can feel it.

This is my biggest complaint also, compared to the GWR is way louder than I would like.

Soldato
So been searching for a Samsung Gear S3 frontier with no luck

Just noticed its in stock at MobileFun now (wasnt yesterday)

John Lewis show as coming soon emailed them for an eta as I've always had good service

but my buying finger is itchy :D

Back
Top Bottom