Poll: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2016, Yas Marina - Race 21/21

Rate the 2016 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
So its because his an inferior driver to lewis? yea thats pretty much our points though.

Makes him winning the WDC more funny

So were you this upset when Lewis won his WDCs as well? He's not the best driver on the grid. He's lucky to be in (by far) superior car and bit better than his team mate. Unfortunately this year it didn't go his way.
Funny though that you'd be happy for a slow driver to win WDC if it worked for Lewis. :p

Soldato
Hamilton is also responsible for losing the WDC. His poor starts in Australia, Bahrain, Spain, Monza & Suzuka cost him at least 3 wins this season alone. With those 3 wins he would have won the WDC comfortably.

Stop blaming it all on engine problems. Both reliability and his poor starts has cost him at the end.

Did you miss the "Hamilton's power unit gave up in the Malaysia race" ?
That's 25 points gone and the WDC. You can forget about all the rest.
And the bad starts was down to Merc. They admitted it but only got it right a race or two ago. But don't let facts get in the way.

Soldato
Did you miss the "Hamilton's power unit gave up in the Malaysia race" ?
That's 25 points gone and the WDC. You can forget about all the rest.
And the bad starts was down to Merc. They admitted it but only got it right a race or two ago. But don't let facts get in the way.

Yeah, because Rosberg was trying his best in the last few races since Sepang. :rolleyes:

You can't compare points here and there as if Hamilton's engine hadn't expired in Sepang, there's little chance he would have won each race since 1-2 to Rosberg. While Hamilton was winning in Sepang, remember Rosberg was spun out at the start by Vettel, and had won 3 on the trot at that point.

Rosberg has been playing the percentage game since, just as every driver has in his situation throughout the history of F1.

The point being is that Hamilton never moaned for laps for rosberg to let him pass.

Because it wasn't included in the radio transcripts that probably accounts for less than 10% of all radio broadcasts doesn't mean he wasn't asking, which he almost certainly was.

Even the team asking Rosberg to move over wasn't included in the transcripts.

Last edited:
Soldato
So were you this upset when Lewis won his WDCs as well? He's not the best driver on the grid. He's lucky to be in (by far) superior car and bit better than his team mate. Unfortunately this year it didn't go his way.
Funny though that you'd be happy for a slow driver to win WDC if it worked for Lewis. :p

Actually IMO he is the best driver on the grid. Whos better then him? Alonso? lol he outdrove him in his first full season..

Vettel? meh, he had a awsome RB car remember who had it easy.

Vettel is a bit better then roseberg though.

Reikonon? ha no. Massa? button? na mate.

Now Max? nope doesnt have the maturity yet. has raw talent though.

Who do u thinks a better driver then hamilton?

Hamilton did better in a rubbish mclaren then vettel has on a ferrari!

Soldato
I imagine 7/10 of the times at least in the world championship the inferior driver has won the title. Even when Lewis has won the titles it's highly debatable he's ever been considered the best there is. If you expect the best to win and get upset when they don't F1 really isn't the sport for you.

no one is upset. Just saying ham lost it due to reliability.

LzR

LzR

Associate
I reckon it'll be about Feb 2017 before the bickering between the two fanbases blows over.
Nah, the Hamilton haters will still be claiming it was him and not the clutch, even though it's been pointed out in here a trillion times that Merc have already confirmed this was the case. And they'll still be claiming that the brand has been hurt by Hamilton's 'petulance' while blatantly ignoring the fact that Rosberg for one example, rammed Hamilton off a circuit purposely (you know, the one where he 'forgot' so steer). And they'll even come out with things like if Hamilton had gone at the correct speed he may have burnt his tyres out (this one did make me LOL) or some other ridiculous claim on anything negative about Hamilton they can think of.

And the the Hamilton fans will defend him of course, and for the most part, quite rightly so.

And on and on it will go :)

Bring on 2017 when RBR will hopefully have a decent package, we'll see how good Rosberg the world champion is when he doesn't have the best car on the grid.

Soldato
I do love this whole "Hamilton haters" stuff. Do you really think many of the people who dislike one driver don't also dislike the other?

They're both behaving like petulant children and I'm pretty sure many (not all) finds both as frustrating as the other. I personally find Rosberg a vain guy who, on the surface at least, I find difficult to like, but equally I dislike Hamilton.

smr

smr

Soldato
no one is upset. Just saying ham lost it due to reliability, a multitude of bad starts, not being as focused over 21 races as Rosberg, dreaming of becoming the world's biggest instagram superstar, dreaming of becoming the UK's next biggest music producer and even after Merc ordered Rosberg to let him past at Monaco.

Fixed for you.

Soldato
It's funny how people say he looses focus when he turns up pretty much every weekend on point. He had a few off weekends but I don't think his off track activities hinder his on track performance seeing as he won two WDCs on the bounce.

Reliability cost Lewis this WDC. His bad starts surely lost him a few points but nowhere near what his reliability caused him.

Back
Top Bottom