Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
Bought a new shower (and some grout to fill the old holes) - fitted myself... All plumbers seem too busy even though Ive got lots of jobs that need doing!

Bought my new house and neither of the 2 shower thermostats work.... The toilets also had a replacement flush /valve but i won't picture that :cry:

1Tk7BVQ.jpg

Also bought more no nonsense decking stain. It's no longer a slippy death trap :cry:
saUXqyP.jpg

Also: fitted a tado thermostat. Impressed with the instructions etc and was fairly easy to fit! Also got some cleaner blades (there was plumbers mate stuck all over the front of the boiler :cry: and for some odd reason they didn't clean it before selling...).

Also got 10x tado TRVs but not fitted them yet.

zZp2FOD.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Skylight window opening / closing pole

IMG-20210606-135340.jpg

Associate
Bought a new shower (and some grout to fill the old holes) - fitted myself... All plumbers seem too busy even though Ive got lots of jobs that need doing!

Bought my new house and neither of the 2 shower thermostats work.... The toilets also had a replacement flush /valve but i won't picture that :cry:

1Tk7BVQ.jpg

Where is that telescopic wire shelf from if you don't mind me asking? Been after one for a while but they all seem to be flimsy plastic jobs.

/Salsa

Soldato
Where is that telescopic wire shelf from if you don't mind me asking? Been after one for a while but they all seem to be flimsy plastic jobs.

/Salsa

Simple human, its pretty good. Cost about £115 (10% off their website)

Seems very good build quality which is what I was after and can be removed to clean the caddy etc.

Soldato
Huge fan of Osprey stuff, some of the better made backpacks I've had and the guarantee is really worth having as they actually honour it!

They are awesome, I gave my 10+ year bag away to a friend and he now uses it every day. There wasn’t anything wrong with it, I just wasn’t using it as much but with lockdown easing I want/needed something to carry what’s now going to be essential stuff.

Soldato
Yep I walked the camino with an ospray, light strong, comftable ect.

Bought a fiver brolly for my bbq area top of garden probably get a better one when I see one.
The table is fence post and old water tank, so used a copper pipe for holder (or my ex gf did)
We prefer to make or up cycle rather than throw money at things

IMG-20210607-063208.jpg
IMG-20210607-063238.jpg

Man of Honour
Huge fan of Osprey stuff, some of the better made backpacks I've had and the guarantee is really worth having as they actually honour it!
Same. I've got a bit of a collection now. They also sell discontinued, engineering samples and repaired bags at a discount in their "second life" section (need to register an account to see it). They really are well made, strong, comfortable and backed by excellent customer service.

I keep meaning to sell a couple of them on.

Soldato
Yep I walked the camino with an ospray, light strong, comftable ect.

Bought a fiver brolly for my bbq area top of garden probably get a better one when I see one.
The table is fence post and old water tank, so used a copper pipe for holder (or my ex gf did)
We prefer to make or up cycle rather than throw money at things

IMG-20210607-063208.jpg
IMG-20210607-063238.jpg

There is a reason that chairs / tables that go outside in the sun aren't typically made from metal you know :p

Does look funky though, like the copper pipe work. Just be prepared for toasted buttocks :D

Soldato
never thought about the heat aspect but will be doing some testing soon as holiday after tomorrow and some vegan bbqs planned :) my ex converts old plumbing things, big pot a tank again in copper, and I did the other round one, basically an old sink, I'm a tight git, top is
Copper fountain ex plumbing scrap converted to solar power with a cheapo ebay set, works great

Screenshot-20210607-151527-com-android-gallery3d.jpg

Screenshot-20210607-150628-com-android-gallery3d.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Same. I've got a bit of a collection now. They also sell discontinued, engineering samples and repaired bags at a discount in their "second life" section (need to register an account to see it). They really are well made, strong, comfortable and backed by excellent customer service.

I keep meaning to sell a couple of them on.

I have a secondlife bag, I can't even find what was wrong with it and I've looked everytime I get it to use it (It's one of those bigger travel backpacks you can use as a suitcase of sorts and can attach a day bag to, can't remember what it's called). They seem to have those up on secondlife quite regularly, though newer versions now of course. I'd have had my other bags from secondlife as well if they were an option when I got them.

Back
Top Bottom