**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S23 Family Thread ****

Associate
Installed it, don't see much new apart from the new quick settings.

Media notifications do look :cool:
FvHnW63.jpg
Biggest win for me is Bixby text call now works over WiFi calling.

Soldato

Samsung will unveil the S24 series at a US event on January 17​

Only the Ultra will have Snapdragon
I may have to get the S24 Ultra. My S20 Ultra is really struggling now. Screen burn, terrible battery life and has to be restarted every now and then because stuff starts playing up!

Caporegime
I really like top end Samsungs but this is my 2nd or 3rd that has the charging port start failing (been thinking it was my charger or cable for a little while). And now I've confirmed it's the port, I won't be able to get it fixed before I go away. Not even a year old - frustrating.

Last edited:
Soldato
I really like top end Samsungs but this is my 2nd or 3rd that has the charging port start failing (been thinking it was my charger or cable for a little while). And now I've confirmed it's the port, I won't be able to get it fixed before I go away. Not even a year old - frustrating.
Very odd. Even my old Galaxy S2 port is still in use. Use it as an alarm.

A few family members have Samsung's too and no reports either.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've not had an issue with the charging ports, but my current and previous devices have had a slight "rattle" which I assume must be the camera lens/mechanism which starts after a little while.

Had that with the S10+ from launch, S21 Ultra and my S23 Ultra has also recently started doing this.

Associate
Loads of S23 deals now, cashback, trade-in on top of a discounted phone

Fire sale before the S24 arrives?
I've been looking for a decent S23 deal, preferably S23 Ultra. Can't find any deals for a handset alone (don't need nor want a new contract).

Kinda coped for better deals in run up to Black Friday and as you say, S24 imminent.

Soldato
OP
I've been looking for a decent S23 deal, preferably S23 Ultra. Can't find any deals for a handset alone (don't need nor want a new contract).

Kinda coped for better deals in run up to Black Friday and as you say, S24 imminent.

It's an okay time to buy now, managed to get it down to £1,009 by stacking 2 codes
vOREtMf.png

Quidco has an offer for the next 2 days for 20% cashback (£200+ back). Which I also used when buying my S23, which helped me get mine for under £500.
hSLoHyr.png

This brings the total price down to around £800

Last edited:
Associate
Caporegime
Thought I'd check for any updates before going away, happen to have OneUI 6/Android 14 ready. Came in good time as I noticed some animations were a little sluggish. Feels a bit more snappy and liking some of the UI changes.

Last edited:
Soldato

I've also had the same issue with the last few top end Samsungs I've had.

However I think its possibly down to some cables? It tends to start if I plug it into a 'non' samsung cable - started mostly on my S23 after I plugged it into my mac usb charger...

When it happened on my S22U Samsung came out and replaced the port for free - but still annoying.

Back
Top Bottom