• Galaxy S23, S23 Plus & S23 Ultra
  • S23 Ultra to get 200MP camera
  • "Almost no" design change
  • New Qualcomm Snapdragon chipsets
  • 8K video capture for Ultra

drZT0CT.jpg

Last edited:
Man of Honour

Count me in for a trade-in, 512GB S22U Graphite for a 512GB S23U. That 200MP sensor and out of the box natural image processing are compelling enough, as well as the new sharper 10x zoom (it's already rather sharp on the S22U).

Should be able to get a sizeable discount once again, and throw Quidco on top.

Soldato
I've been waiting for someone to start a thread

I'm happy with the feel and look of my S22U so internal upgrades is what I'm after

Last edited:
I've been waiting for someone to start a thread

Yeah I thought it was about time someone started it!

I have the S20 Ultra and still pretty pleased with it. It's also the longest I've had a phone since year 2000, 3 years, if I decide to go for the S23 Ultra. I'm hoping for a similar screen size, like 6.9" and more optical zoom on the camera.

Edit: I quoted the @pinkpound post, and then accidentally hit a keyboard button which submitted my post before I wrote anything else. Not sure which keyboard shortcut it is? I normally click on "post reply" using the mouse.

Last edited:
Man of Honour

Excellent news. The focusing issue has been talked about since the S20 and whilst it has improved a lot in low light over the gens, it's nice to see it being fully fixed on the new camera.

The mics were already very good so can only imagine what it now has, 3D surround microphones like what LG had on a few models years ago maybe?

The speaker bass I don't care about lol but could be useful some times when playing back videos for people or recording car noises etc :p

Stop spying on me @Em3bbs

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I expect this time round the 8K will be 60fps or if 30fps then offer full use of all the lenses. Either way pointless but it does mean that 40k will be way better like you always see each gen..

Soldato
I wonder what kind of discount, offers and trade in deals they will offer ?
Can anyone remember what offers they gave on the S22.

US is already getting a $50 off.

Man of Honour
I got the S22 Ultra 512GB for £889 + Quidco cashback trading in my S20 5G 128GB for £440. They did that tradein deal by mistake and within a week the price was slashed for new people but honoured existing people lol.

Right now Samsung are offering £470 tradein for the S22 Ultra whilst recycling sites are offering up to £540, so unless that changes by release time then I will just buy the S23 Ultra 512GB and get Quidco cashback, then send the S22 Ultra to a phone recycling site for £540.

Soldato
That was a good trade in, I'm hoping to trade in my S21U but the trade in deals at the moment are awful.

just a quick question for student discount, does the buyer need to be the person with the student discount ?

phone recycling site are they any good ? I've never used any but from what I've heard they take ages and you dont get what was promised.

Soldato
I got the S22 Ultra 512GB for £889 + Quidco cashback trading in my S20 5G 128GB for £440. They did that tradein deal by mistake and within a week the price was slashed for new people but honoured existing people lol.

Right now Samsung are offering £470 tradein for the S22 Ultra whilst recycling sites are offering up to £540, so unless that changes by release time then I will just buy the S23 Ultra 512GB and get Quidco cashback, then send the S22 Ultra to a phone recycling site for £540.
The Samsung tradein price for a S20 Ultra is up to 420, so it doesn't seem like you get much more for a S22 Ultra

Soldato
The Samsung tradein price for a S20 Ultra is up to 420, so it doesn't seem like you get much more for a S22 Ultra
Your right they have increased the trade in offers since I last checked but it drops down depending on which mobile phone you choose to trade in for.

Last edited:
Soldato
Going to be giving this a try too, have a 13 Pro Max which I will probably sell to a recycling site if the S23U wins me over.

There are no pre-order options available for us in the UK are there?

Is there a way to use Quidco & EPP? From what I see Quidco takes you to main Samsung page but I get EPP perks through work through a different link

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Going to be giving this a try too, have a 13 Pro Max which I will probably sell to a recycling site if the S23U wins me over.

There are no pre-order options available for us in the UK are there?

Is there a way to use Quidco & EPP? From what I see Quidco takes you to main Samsung page but I get EPP perks through work through a different link
EPP would invalidate Quidco anyway, so you should go with whatever gets you the best saving - Will say somewhere in the offer T$Cs on Quidco that you can't get cashback if you already applied a voucher/discount etc.

Back
Top Bottom