Aliens, The Abyss, True Lies and Titanic finally get digital and 4K Blu-Ray release dates

Soldato
Reviews coming through. Looks like we got good transfers :)

Soldato
For those who hate Physical media!!

Should be dropping soon

As these are digital files being transferred from a studio to a distributor, shouldn't this just be a simple "here's the file we made" handover, making it extremely simple to distribute, so this story confuses me far more than it should. I could see an issue with physical copies but transferring a file "should" be incredibly simple.

Soldato
As these are digital files being transferred from a studio to a distributor, shouldn't this just be a simple "here's the file we made" handover, making it extremely simple to distribute, so this story confuses me far more than it should. I could see an issue with physical
I dunno what’s going on. Seems it’s a **** show atm in the US.

Aliens in the UK has been updated to Dobly Atoms but only in HD?

I’m starting to worry about the Abyss because of the rat scene.

Last edited:
Associate
The SE version of Aliens is looking really clean compared to the normal version, can’t remember if it’s always been that way. Maybe a hint it’s coming soon :o

It did get an excellent remaster and a lot of noticable colour regrading for the Blu Ray Anthology release a while back. That had a very crisp look.

Soldato
Saw the uncut rat scene in The Abyss for the first time yesterday - not surprised it was cut - it's clearly in distress and the camera does dwell on it.

Soldato
They are all on US Prime Video but for the laughable price of $19.99 per version.

edit - $20.99 now - so buying the physical versions will be cheaper..

Last edited:
Soldato
seen rumours also that its only the Aliens theatrical cut that got the 4k treatment. ill wait for trusted reviewer's before making judgement

On UK iTunes, although they aren't yet 4k, they are both clearly from the new master and both look the same so don't think that's true.

Soldato
On UK iTunes, although they aren't yet 4k, they are both clearly from the new master and both look the same so don't think that's true.
When you say remaster do you mean new scan?

I don't believe Aliens got a new scan from lightstorm unlike True lies and Abyss. They used the scan from the old release.

Back
Top Bottom