Quest 3 owners etc

Associate
Do you use it with glasses or prescription inserts.?
When recording that video I noticed that the glare spot reduces as I’m moving the camera away from the lens.
I do use prescription inserts, and also I've thought of something else. I had laser surgery many years ago to get my from -6.5 to around -1.5, but although my acuity improved, my eyesight quality was made worse, contrast suffered, and annoyingly I always see halos around contrasting scenes, i.e. white lettering on a black background. I think the outfit that did my pupil sizing did a crappy job. I can reduce it by squinting a bit, or indeed at the opticians looking at the letter board with the lights out, it almost goes away completely when the optician shines a light into the eye, both of which reduce the size of the pupil. Anyhow, over the years, my brain has mostly compensated to the point that I don't notice it as much.

So basically on reflection (!), I'm not the best person to be remarking on visual aberations involving bloom/halos .

Last edited:
Associate
I do use prescription inserts, and also I've thought of something else. I had laser surgery many years ago to get my from -6.5 to around -1.5, but although my acuity improved, my eyesight quality was made worse, contrast suffered, and annoyingly I always see halos around contrasting scenes, i.e. white lettering on a black background. I think the outfit that did my pupil sizing did a crappy job. I can reduce it by squinting a bit, or indeed at the opticians looking at the letter board with the lights out, it almost goes away completely when the optician shines a light into the eye, both of which reduce the size of the pupil. Anyhow, over the years, my brain has mostly compensated to the point that I don't notice it as much.

So basically on reflection (!), I'm not the best person to be remarking on visual aberations involving bloom/halos .
I feel for you man, I’m 42 and my eye sight is still very good despite looking at displays every day for many many hours.
I can have 10 hours vr sessions with only breaks for food and toilet.
It’s usually my back and feet that give up lol.

Associate
I've noticed my passthrough looking better past day or two, there was an update to v62 a couple of days ago, not sure if it's related. I can quite easily read my hand writing on a piece of A4 paper at 30'ish cm's now. It just looks less grainy. I've read about people stating their passthrough quality varies and I thought it might be just placebo but I think I've seen it myself now.

Soldato
Mine is going back to Argos tomorrow.
It's kinda bugged me since I first got it, but there seems to be a dark fog (like an oily smudge) over the right lens that is getting too hard to ignore, and is ruining the experience.
I've no idea what it is, but neither my Quest2 or Rift S suffered from it, so it can't be right.

Associate
Mine is going back to Argos tomorrow.
It's kinda bugged me since I first got it, but there seems to be a dark fog (like an oily smudge) over the right lens that is getting too hard to ignore, and is ruining the experience.
I've no idea what it is, but neither my Quest2 or Rift S suffered from it, so it can't be right.
Yeh don't accept anything less than a perfectly functioning unit, are you refunding or getting another?

Soldato
Yeh don't accept anything less than a perfectly functioning unit, are you refunding or getting another?
I took it back to Argos and the manager took it in the back and said he'd tested it and then said there's nothing wrong with it, despite being less than a minute, which is barely enough time to turn it on.
I called customer services and they said take it to another store.
Looks like I'm stuck with it.

Soldato
OP
I took it back to Argos and the manager took it in the back and said he'd tested it and then said there's nothing wrong with it, despite being less than a minute, which is barely enough time to turn it on.

The manager probably has no clue what he's doing. Talk directly to meta.

Underboss
If it's within 30 days your entitled to return it as unwanted

Soldato
I ordered online and collected in store.
I spoke to Argos customer service and they said they can’t help if I collected in store, and only in store staff can help.
I’ve spoken to Meta and I’m waiting for email confirmation that they’ll collect and replace it.
This is why I 99% use Amazon!

Soldato
OP
I ordered online and collected in store.
I spoke to Argos customer service and they said they can’t help if I collected in store, and only in store staff can help.
I’ve spoken to Meta and I’m waiting for email confirmation that they’ll collect and replace it.
This is why I 99% use Amazon!

You only picked it up less than 2 weeks ago right? Any online order, regardless of instore pickup (I believe), gives you a 14 day cooling off period. You can return it. Unless it specifically states where you ordered, that there's no cooling off period (and I don't believe it would qualify).
Take it back, tell them you want a refund, if they tell you you claimed it wasn't working properly, you've got them coming an going.

Argos have a 30 day cooling off period anyway: https://help.argos.co.uk/help/refunds-&-returns/returns-product-support-and-repairs/returnsproductsupportrepairs#:~:text=If you've changed your,with the tags if applicable)

EDIT - It's in good condition, resealable packaging I presume etc.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Yes, buts it’s been used.
The box has rip tabs that need removing to open it, so it can’t be sold as “new”.

99% sure that's not important. Especially when it comes to the 14 day online purchase law. You are allowed to change your mind, even if opened. It cannot be damaged/marked etc, but as long as it is working correctly, all accessories etc present, they have to take it back and refund.

You are allowed to open the items to actually find out you don't want them (wrong size being a classic example).

Back
Top Bottom