• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Caporegime
So far been good for me tbh. Only played dying light 2 so far and had no issues with overlay etc.

Also this

"The absolute best thing for me that Tim didn't mention is DLDSR resolutions now properly work in games without fullscreen right away. Before, in say RE4R, I had to go to Windows settings and manually change my 1440p resolution to 4K, otherwise 4K would not show in the game. This was slow and I often forgot prior to launching the game. Now you can set the resolution per game, even the DLDSR one and it will trigger any game in that resolution."

Reactions: TNA
Soldato
Be careful installing this if you use Nvidia Gamestream to stream to your Steam Deck or whatever via Moonlight. Installing this app completely removes Geforce Experience and Gamestream, so it doesn't work anymore. If you really want this beta you will have to look at Sunshine for Moonlight streaming instead.

Also, the RTX HDR options are not showing up for me. Just read on Nexus this beta app doesn't work if you have a secondary monitor (which I do) That's a bit ****. Uninstalled for now - I'm sticking with the RTX HDR mod (which does work with additional monitors attached!) and Geforce Experience for the foreseeable thanks....

Last edited:
Caporegime
Mrk can finally start using it. Suddenly it will be the best thing since sliced bread now :p:D

Looks like MSI Afterburner might be a thing of the past too!

Moving forward, we’ll be integrating the remaining features from the NVIDIA Control Panel, which will encompass Display and Video settings. Additionally, we'll be adding several attributes from GeForce Experience and RTX Experience, such as GPU overclocking and driver roll-back. During the NVIDIA app beta, GeForce Experience and the NVIDIA Control Panel will continue to be available.

Man of Honour
WHAT?!

That's a huge game changer! @mrk @TNA

#RTXOn! :D :cool:
Yeah for games that didn't see DLDSR first until you set that DSR res in the game, this sorts that. DLDSR as a setting was always global, you could then just set the DSR res in whatever game that supported it.

Mrk can finally start using it. Suddenly it will be the best thing since sliced bread now
:p
:D

I use DLDSR in games anyway that have an actual benefit

Last edited:
Soldato
Now it's grasped my attention!

As a user of both CP's, that's Adrenaline's biggest advantage over NCP, hopefully it's all available, just as fluid and tweakable in game, open, couple of clicks, close and away you go.

Looking forward to it and the busy dedicated thread for all the tips n tricks!

Man of Honour
RTSS/MSIAB will always remain for me. Not for frame capping as that's done in the nvidia driver, but for stats as nothing else gives a proper breakdown of memory use for both the process and total system. And a full physical core breakdown of utilisation not just a blanket CPU package utilisation as per Nvdiia stats overlay. RTSS is just beter all round for gauging exactly what a game is doing with any part of the core system.

Man of Honour
I fixed the CTDs, turns out it wasn't the new app at all, it was a mod I had installed in Cyberpunk called Unlock Night City which allows you to open any locked door and enter areas you were not able to. Don't know why or how, but removing that stopped the CTDs and I was able to record some footage at 120fps to see what it's like.

Verdict? It's amazing.

Previously only being able to record at 60fps video rate whilst the game runs at 100fps+ meant that during playback it wasn't as smooth as you'd like, at least to those who are used to seeing 100fps+ in games like this, seeing it played back on a video capture at 60fps visibly feels less-smooth. Now it's so fast and smooth it's like watching someone play in person :p

I changed the bitrate in the NV app to 100Mbps, as the default 150 is way OTT. The results speak for themselves:

YouTube supports 120fps playback too, just select the 60fps option and that plays back at the source file's framerate. If uploading a HDR video, then bear in mind YouTube can take DAYS to process the HDR version, even though the 4k60 is typically available within the first hour. YouTube will also take several hours to process the 120fps version, so probs not worth sharing as soon as 4k60 is visible, as the high framerate version or HDR won't be at the same time.

File sizes are big though for those with slow upload speeds, a 10 min capture at 3440x1440 HDR using 120fps at 100Mbps bitrate in the new Nvidia app is 6.62GB. But if you use NVEnc in Handbrake (it retains the HDR metadata) to convert the video to AV1 (CQ26 which comes to around 52Mbps bitrate)), that same file comes down to 3.62GB.

Oh and one for @Neil79

:D

Last edited:
Associate
main-qimg-883697084943734330ad6758ab905695

About bloody time! I told my mates that have Nvidia cards about it and they're pretty thrilled. Tells you how crap having to use GeForce Experience alongside the CP is, sign in and all.

Aside from the sluggishness I had no issue with the CP when I last used Nvidia a few years ago, but this is a very welcome change.

Unrelated, but does anyone else have any issues with multiple monitors across several driver versions? The same friends both have 3080's that they use with AW3423DW's and LG TV's and get annoying behaviour with two screens plugged in. Quite often when using the TV with the monitor off it will go blank, as if the monitor was switched on and detected. Games will minimise or become windowed when the TV comes back on, with the sound device also changing sometimes.

I suspect it could be the monitor doing some kind of power cycle, maybe relating to some OLED care option that runs whilst it's off?

Soldato

Not quite.

I've done some testing and while the Nvidia overlay is very good, unfortunately there are many sensors from RTSS and HWinfo that don't show up. For example the Nvidia overlay only shows CPU usage, it cannot show CPU speed or CPU power draw and it cannot show individual cores. And while it can show average framerate, it cannot show 1% low and 0.1% low. The Nvidia overlay also can't show other sensors, like water temperature, ram temperature, mobo temperature etc, SSD usage, SSD speed, SSD temperature, case fan speed, radiator fan speed etc. Also Afterburner allows for setting text font and text colors for the overlay, the Nvidia overlay does not have this. Plus afterburner can show time graphs for things like latency and framerate and Nvidia cant

Also Afterburner's overclocking features are not at all in the Nvidia app, but Nvidia is going to add overclocking in a few months

Last edited:
Soldato
RTSS/MSIAB will always remain for me. Not for frame capping as that's done in the nvidia driver, but for stats as nothing else gives a proper breakdown of memory use for both the process and total system. And a full physical core breakdown of utilisation not just a blanket CPU package utilisation as per Nvdiia stats overlay. RTSS is just beter all round for gauging exactly what a game is doing with any part of the core system.

This.

Since Nvidia introduced the stats overlay a few years back people were asking for more custom options akin to Afterburner, Including GPU memory usage. Even to this day they decided not to listen to customers ergo Afterburner will remain on my system.

Also unlike Afterburner, Nvidia does not have the option of properly undervolting, It's just power limiting, If you mix power limiting with undervolting it gives a nice little bit of extra power saving.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom