• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Ryzen 7950X3D, 7900X3D, 7800X3D

Will you be purchasing the 7800X3D on the 6th?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
I'm not convinced tbf, most people don't even think PBO is overclocking so probably had it running at +200Mhz. :cry:

I have two cores at +3 with 200Mhz if I want to pass stability in AVX2. It's a shame that there is not a one size fits all 'test' for tuning CO would make lives a lot easier.

Still, this is 100% stable in everything. SHA3, AVX2, Football Manager 2024, y cruncher 00-x86, Karhu 8+ hours. Karhu is about 334.5MB average.

I saw your WRTS at 1 on oc.net, I might try lowering mine to see if I can get anymore from it.
I didn’t think you could increase the boost on the 7950X3D? I thought it was locked unlike the 5900X

Caporegime
I didn’t think you could increase the boost on the 7950X3D? I thought it was locked unlike the 5900X
You can increase the frequency on the cache CCD via negative curve optimiser. On the frequency CCD you can increase frequency via both negative curve optimiser and PBO overclock up to a total of 200Mhz, eg 5.7Ghz to 5.9Ghz, dependent on temperature and power headroom.

You can't do a (traditional) all core overclock on the 7950X3D, you can however overclock via BCLK.

Last edited:
Soldato
You can increase the frequency on the cache CCD via negative curve optimiser. On the frequency CCD you can increase frequency via both negative curve optimiser and PBO overclock up to a total of 200Mhz, eg 5.7Ghz to 5.9Ghz, dependent on temperature and power headroom.

You can't do a (traditional) all core overclock on the 7950X3D, you can however overclock via BCLK.
Cheers for that. I will have a look

Soldato
Very nice build Nath. Early days but how you getting on with the gigabyte board. I used to have one in a 4790k build before I went Asus boards and thought it was really well made.

Associate
Very nice build Nath. Early days but how you getting on with the gigabyte board. I used to have one in a 4790k build before I went Asus boards and thought it was really well made.
Thanks very much, yeah. It was late by the time I'd got Windows reinstalled, had a X570 Gigabyte board previously so bios settings much the same, would have liked a debug code, but it has the error leds instead.
Updated to the latest bios aswell, which now has a white theme to match the motherboard.
It's a shame there isn't more choice out there at the moment for the white boards. But I'm very happy so far.

Associate
Everything except the GPU arrived, this weekend I'll likely post asking for some assembly advice.
Is 2g of Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut enough to a 7950X3D?

Caporegime
Everything except the GPU arrived, this weekend I'll likely post asking for some assembly advice.
Is 2g of Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut enough to a 7950X3D?
Plenty. Just spread it with a thin layer of paste out over the CPU lid yourself, then put a small pea sized dot in the middle and stick your cooler on.

Last edited:
Associate
At this point I’m guessing I should just wait for the new chips vs a 7800x3d?

Could wait to see if the 7800x3D drops in price a bit more, but probably not if AMD stagger 3D cache release again and it doesn't come to late 2024/early 2025. 7800x3Ds can be picked up at really good prices just now, it's the motherboards that can still be a rip off. That alone means it might be best waiting for the next line of overpriced motherboards to see if prices of current drop a bit.

QtlGc8I.png

JVtdp1o.png

I've been testing what is needed for tCL32 @ 8000 with my memory and it seems to be around 1.75v :eek: Thank goodness for watercooling!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I have a basket of this currently:
7800x3d
Corsair vengeance 32GB 6000CL30
Corsair TM30 paste
ASU’s TUF gaming B650plus
Coolermaster Masterliquid 240
SN850X 2TB

Does that work?

Back
Top Bottom