• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Ryzen 7950X3D, 7900X3D, 7800X3D

Will you be purchasing the 7800X3D on the 6th?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Associate
guys still AM5 is longer boot time duration ? have anyone tried new BIOS versions ? Enabling memory context restore, yes it will work but without it have any manufacturer fix this problem ? i didnt follow it since 4-5 months. just searching about this.

Currently my BIOS is: 1709 - SMU: 84.79.223 - ROG STRIX X670E-E

should i upgrade my bios or stay in this version ?

thanks.

Soldato
guys still AM5 is longer boot time duration ? have anyone tried new BIOS versions ? Enabling memory context restore, yes it will work but without it have any manufacturer fix this problem ? i didnt follow it since 4-5 months. just searching about this.

Currently my BIOS is: 1709 - SMU: 84.79.223 - ROG STRIX X670E-E

should i upgrade my bios or stay in this version ?

thanks.

Not having long boots since I first built in Nov 2022 tbh. Using whatever is latest now, same mobo as you.

Soldato
I have a basket of this currently:
7800x3d
Corsair vengeance 32GB 6000CL30
Corsair TM30 paste
ASU’s TUF gaming B650plus
Coolermaster Masterliquid 240
SN850X 2TB

Does that work?
Looking at my Sig that's a very similar build to me that I've had since October. Been absolutely brilliant as far as I'm concerned and you shouldn't have any issues. I upgraded from a 6700k and a 1080 graphics card and it's been a night and day difference for gaming with an extra 100fps in my games at 1440p.

Associate
Oh I like that. Cheap too. Should hopefully fit in my case. The metal clips should help with ram clearance I guess. Worst case I can return it if it doesn’t fit my case.

Love the black version.
The metal fastening clips are annoying but it's a real beast at little more than half the price of the Noctua.

Man of Honour
Associate
Can I use this ram? It doesn’t have the RGB and so I’d hope the clearance for the heatsink fan would be better.

Quoting Tom's Hardware:
In it’s default configuration, the Frost Commander 140 doesn’t interfere with RAM slots, as the fans are on the back and middle of the unit. However, if you use the fan on the front of the unit, RAM compatibility is limited to 42mm. But you can raise the fan a few mm to accommodate larger RAM sizes without impacting cooling performance.

Man of Honour
If it isn't on the QVL I'd get an EXPO kit, though XMP does usually work.

Cool, probably this then:

Or

Quoting Tom's Hardware:
In it’s default configuration, the Frost Commander 140 doesn’t interfere with RAM slots, as the fans are on the back and middle of the unit. However, if you use the fan on the front of the unit, RAM compatibility is limited to 42mm. But you can raise the fan a few mm to accommodate larger RAM sizes without impacting cooling performance.

That’s good to know!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom