*** Starfield ***

Associate
Really struggling to get into this game after playing it for ten hours. I find the combat totally ruining the experience as you don't get any feedback when you hit a enemy , they just carry on shooting you like normal when you hit them with very little hit sounds involved so it just makes the combat bland. I am finding that their is too much worthless junk around as well with random items only restoring 2-5 health, and is more hassle using them (due to the interface being pants) than picking them up. 30fps frame rate cap is hard to get used to as well

Liked fallout 4, is this game worth putting more hours in? atmosphere of the game is very good and the storyline seems decent, but just seems to be a massive grindfest
If you enjoyed previous Bethesda games, I'd say perservere unless you can't stand the space theme/aesthetic. Many of the quests, particularly the faction ones, are well written and engaging. Just doing quests alone will last you many dozens of hours. Of course, there are elements in the game that are bare bones eg. planet/moon exploration, space travel/combat & building outposts. But those activities aren't essential for completing the game. Personally I think Starfield is better than Fallout 4, but that's probably because I prefer the setting.

Soldato
OP
Really struggling to get into this game after playing it for ten hours. I find the combat totally ruining the experience as you don't get any feedback when you hit a enemy , they just carry on shooting you like normal when you hit them with very little hit sounds involved so it just makes the combat bland. I am finding that their is too much worthless junk around as well with random items only restoring 2-5 health, and is more hassle using them (due to the interface being pants) than picking them up. 30fps frame rate cap is hard to get used to as well

Liked fallout 4, is this game worth putting more hours in? atmosphere of the game is very good and the storyline seems decent, but just seems to be a massive grindfest
I put in a decent chunk of time around launch but had a few days break and thought about booting it up again but had absolutely no desire to see any more of what Starfield had to offer.

If other people love it, great, I'm so pleased for them, but it's not for me.

Maybe some patches and DLC will improve stuff in the future but I don't see this being a NMS turnaround.

Soldato
^ my thoughts exactly. I plugged closer to 15 hours in but never went further with the main story than New Atlantis. The inventory system just frustrated the hell out of me and along with the 30fps cap / combat sluggishness I just could not continue with it. I'm hoping a patch or a future mod for the SX will improve / fix these are other annoyances. Till then I'll sit in vain.

Associate
I put in a decent chunk of time around launch but had a few days break and thought about booting it up again but had absolutely no desire to see any more of what Starfield had to offer.

If other people love it, great, I'm so pleased for them, but it's not for me.

Maybe some patches and DLC will improve stuff in the future but I don't see this being a NMS turnaround.

Thanks.. to be honest I ended up uninstalling it a month and a half ago, tried playing it again but thought the game was just a mess , the interface on console really lets it down for me, game has potential to be good but just couldn’t get into it

Associate
Found myself with a bit of a gap between games so thought I would finish it off after having not touched it since mid-November, and wish I didn't bother. Such an underwhelming ending for an ultimately underwhelming game.

Would have enjoyed it a lot more if they got it to 60FPS and did something different with loading screens - even if they went for the hidden loading screens by transitioning from ground to space.

Associate
I really wanted this to love this game as I am a huge fan of the space setting, but tbh I think the lore of the game was really poor and failed to keep my attention. Elder scrolls and the fallout series never had this problem but for me it was non-existent in starfield.

Soldato

- Surface maps are being updated to be more detailed and easier to navigate (look a bit like Skyrim's overworld now)
- Map markers for easier navigation in cities
- New difficulty options and customization for players who want to make space combat, carry weight, land combat etc different difficulties (will effect XP gain)
- More ship customization options
- Respec your starter-traits and ability to change appearance
- Working on First Land exploration vehicle
- Series X gets a 40hz Quality and 60hz Performance option
- Creation Kit tools are in beta user hands already

Soldato
Until you can take off and land manually this will always be "loading screen simulator" to me!

I really don't think people who say this actually want it. It might be enjoyable once or twice but then it just becomes the norm and people will probably revert back to fast travel.
Like when I play Star Citizen going to get my ship. The first few times and manually taken off was quite fun. Now I only wish there was a way to fast travel directly to my ship and take off somewhere.

Soldato
I really don't think people who say this actually want it. It might be enjoyable once or twice but then it just becomes the norm and people will probably revert back to fast travel.
Like when I play Star Citizen going to get my ship. The first few times and manually taken off was quite fun. Now I only wish there was a way to fast travel directly to my ship and take off somewhere.
I would love the sense of freedom, I was so disappointed in this game, it's an average PS4 game in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom