• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX Titan X owners thread.

Caporegime
so if I up the clocks (they are +100Mhz and +500Mhz), now I have 121% Power Limit... should I up the voltage too and if so, what is safe?

As you're on water you can pretty much run max voltage and not worry. It's entirely up to you, I'm using the maxair bios which locks the voltage at 1.25v and it's good for benching at 1500 core. I'm still debating whether to go full water or the EVGA Hybrid cooler when they release the TX branded one then I'll be running a max voltage bios and aiming for 1600mhz.

Associate
Same happened to me... took 10 days from order... you can't beat OC (when they have stock) for service! It all arrived in the end though so you'll be OK.[/QUOTE]

very frustrating that they haven't bothered to post it when i have made the payment and they have it in stock, plus they wont reply to my emails

Soldato
Hi all

OCUK Titan X arriving today!

Does any one know where I can get a backplate for it? I take it that only EVGA do them. I've seen them on ebay for around £50! EVGA are out of stock and I don't know if they even deliver to the UK, I've asked them but not had a reply yet.

Would just like to complete the look :)

EVGA EU have them but it will cost about 16 euros for shipping.

Soldato
Ok Kaapstad, Another user video coming your way.

Alien Isolation ran at 4K max settings, Never dipped below 60 ever, Rendered in 1080P 60FPS with added Alien music to liven it up :p

Drivers used 352.86, Clocks used 1400/8000 -

Associate
As you're on water you can pretty much run max voltage and not worry. It's entirely up to you, I'm using the maxair bios which locks the voltage at 1.25v and it's good for benching at 1500 core. I'm still debating whether to go full water or the EVGA Hybrid cooler when they release the TX branded one then I'll be running a max voltage bios and aiming for 1600mhz.
Thanks, upped to max voltage and I can only get to 1514/8002 (+135/+500)without it crashing whilst on Valley bench Mark... is it worth downing the voltage or will that lower the clock... peaks at about 43 deg C and 98% Power Limit currently.. or should I just be happy with that?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm so happy the judder/stutter when TDP is reached has gone, I've had 2 weeks of agony with it.

Soldato
You honestly reckon 1600mhz on water?
What does your card clock like on stock voltage, Aya? Mine does 1460ish but drops down because of power limit, only takes a few seconds to flash. Might be tempted to do some benchmarking...maybe.

Caporegime
You honestly reckon 1600mhz on water?
What does your card clock like on stock voltage, Aya? Mine does 1460ish but drops down because of power limit, only takes a few seconds to flash. Might be tempted to do some benchmarking...maybe.

Stock voltage just over 1400mhz.

I think 1600mhz on water for benches with a 1.281v bios might be possible. Some guys on overclock.net have done 1650mhz.

As you can see here: http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=27387417&postcount=1232 I've currently got the highest gfx score for single GPU :) go on you can beat it :D

Thanks, upped to max voltage and I can only get to 1514/8002 (+135/+500)without it crashing whilst on Valley bench Mark... is it worth downing the voltage or will that lower the clock... peaks at about 43 deg C and 98% Power Limit currently.. or should I just be happy with that?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm so happy the judder/stutter when TDP is reached has gone, I've had 2 weeks of agony with it.

If it's stable at those clocks you can try knocking the voltage down a notch and see if it's still stable, or test it in games for a few hours. Like I said your temps will be fine even on a max voltage bios it's just up to you whether you want to pump that voltage through the card :)

Last edited:
Associate
Hi all

Got the titan x in and running, couple of things, it's bumped my cpu temp up even on idle. Gone up by 5 degrees. Had a 680 before and my 2500k would idle at 29 degrees at 4.5ghz after installing the titan it's now 35. Does anybody get a buzz coming off theirs when gaming. The buzz gets louder depending on how intense the graphics get. Sounds like a plasma buzz. I have a fractal r4 case and the noise is louder than any of the fans?

Man of Honour
OP
Excuse my terrible handwriting

ofOHwRv.jpg

Welcome and TROH updated.:)

The Roll of Honour.

Make EVGA SC, Kaapstad, Link
Make EVGA SC, Gregster, Link
Make Gigabyte, Gregster, Link
Make EVGA, magpie1966, Link
Make EVGA SC, Cosimo, Link
Make MSI, Orangey, Link
Make Gigabyte, BG1980, Link
Make Gigabyte, Boomstick777, Link
Make EVGA SC, andrewohare, Link
Make Gigabyte, Born_2_Kill_83, Link
Make EVGA, Silent_Scone, Link
Make Gigabyte, tipes, Link
Make EVGA SC, ITANI, Link
Make MSI, Five.Stars, Link
Make Gigabyte, Nocky24, Link
Make Gigabyte, mac40, Link
Make Gigabyte, africanos23, Link
Make Gigabyte, Ayahuasca, Link
Make EVGA SC, fantasticCG, Link
Make Gigabyte, darket, Link
Make Gigabyte, Scimitar1, Link
Make MSI, Drojman, Link
Make Gigabyte, SS-89, Link
Make MSI, ndaar, Link
Make MSI, VEGACORTEZ, Link
Make Asus, 8 Pack, Link
Make Asus, gerardfraser, Link
Make EVGA SC, Evil Shubunkin, Link
Make Gigabyte, wunkley, Link
Make Gigabyte, crinkleshoes, Link
Make MSI, VincentHanna, Link
Make Gigabyte, Amidar, Link
Make Gigabyte, Twisted Kid, Link
Make EVGA, romanlegion13th, Link
Make EVGA, danw872, Link
Make Gigabyte, davisdavid, Link
Make Palit, Watlinguk, Link
Make Palit, TTomax, Link
Make Gigabyte, seth1969, Link
Make Palit, straxusii, Link
Make Asus, Firefox35, Link
Make Gigabyte, GarryO, Link
Make NVidia Direct, Seyumi, Link
Make Gigabyte, Mal X, Link
Make Gigabyte, Budge4, Link
Make Palit, Quartz, Link
Make EVGA SC, whyscotty, Link
Make EVGA, ^JP^, Link
Make Palit, Meaker, Link
Make Gigabyte, cwgk91, Link
Make Gigabyte, andy_taximan, Link
Make Gigabyte, hexblitz86, Link
Make MSI, garymcq23, Link
Make Palit, SpeckleD, Link
Make Gigabyte, jim0082, Link
Make EVGA, vasilltino, Link
Make EVGA SC, Aylan1196, Link
Make Gigabyte, cadmunkey, Link
Make EVGA, Shamrock, Link
Make EVGA SC, Genjuro82, Link
Make Gigabyte, HACO, Link
Make MSI, dasimpse, Link
Make Gigabyte, CapitalOne, Link
Make Gigabyte, Montegue, Link
Make Palit, ish1, Link
Make EVGA SC, Streetlight, Link
Make EVGA SC, dessimpson, Link
Make EVGA SC, Mayh3M, Link
Make EVGA SC, Deks, Link
Make EVGA, elfoscuro, Link
Make EVGA, thefogo, Link
Make EVGA SC, Klunt Bumskrint, Link
Make EVGA SC, faxfan, Link
Make Asus, cjdavid, Link
Make EVGA, alex_123_fra, Link
Make OcUK, fatlenny, Link
Make EVGA SC, darkslidez, Link
Make EVGA, nath247, Link
Make OcUK, Huntyz, Link
Make Asus, crasher, Link
Make EVGA SC, N19h7m4r3, Link
Make OcUK, Sequence, Link
Make OcUK, GSXR Gaz Mc, Link
Make Zotac, Dicehunter, Link
Make Zotac, Worthy, Link
Make Zotac, Maverick2332, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your TitanX.​

Back
Top Bottom