• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX Titan X owners thread.

Associate
Hi all

OCUK Titan X arriving today!

Does any one know where I can get a backplate for it? I take it that only EVGA do them. I've seen them on ebay for around £50! EVGA are out of stock and I don't know if they even deliver to the UK, I've asked them but not had a reply yet.

Would just like to complete the look :)

Got mine from the Evga store, it was about £40 for 2 with shipping. Took less than a week

Associate
Getting a new Rig later this year from my old 2004 system. I’d really like one of these but it may be over kill in only 1080P Asus screen. I see the price is slowly falling away. Mind it would have to half in price to temps me.

Soldato
Getting a new Rig later this year from my old 2004 system. I’d really like one of these but it may be over kill in only 1080P Asus screen. I see the price is slowly falling away. Mind it would have to half in price to temps me.

Prices aren't really falling, It's on a "This Week Only" deal and goes back to it's normal price next week.

I doubt prices will go down properly for a while yet.

Associate
Hi all

Got the titan x in and running, couple of things, it's bumped my cpu temp up even on idle. Gone up by 5 degrees. Had a 680 before and my 2500k would idle at 29 degrees at 4.5ghz after installing the titan it's now 35. Does anybody get a buzz coming off theirs when gaming. The buzz gets louder depending on how intense the graphics get. Sounds like a plasma buzz. I have a fractal r4 case and the noise is louder than any of the fans?

Okay so I listed to a couple of You tube vids and it's defo coil whine. It's very noticeable through my sound proofed case. :(

Any one else have bad coil whine? Not sure whether to buy a new PSU, as that sorted it for a fair few people. I've an Antec 650, but it's 3 to 4 years old now.

Associate
They'll never hit £400 new, they'll be EOL long before then.

Yeah it’s not really the exact card I’m thinking, its more some of the tech washing down to a cheaper level. God knows the naming convention but thinking some of this Spec will move down to mid range cards once the newest must have hits the market with its new more powerful everything flagship. I see both GPU Vendors are keeping quiet on new tech. The minutes the new flagship gets announced while the current cards may not get cheaper they are in fact lass desirable not being top dog any more.

Bloody 980's dont seem to budge at any rate. :( and I'd not get anything lower now. Although this GeForce GTX 980 Ti (6GB) would do me just fine on the one screen with maybe Rift later.

Last edited:
Caporegime
After 1.03 AA on caused stutter for me at 4k so I turned if off.

Other than that, I've got everything at max, all sliders to the right on Post and Graphics settings.

Hairworks off (not tried it since the update)

Locked 60fps @ 2160p with Titan X SLI

Soldato
Ok Kaapstad, Another user video coming your way.

Batman Arkham Origins ran at 4K max settings *Minus AA*, Rendered in 1080P 60FPS with added music from the game as the benchmarks music is broken.

Driver Used: 352.86
CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.80GHZ
GPU: GTX Titan X 1400/8000

Soldato
EVGA's ACX 2.0+ Cooler is coming to the Titan X soon :)
Dice coldzero will do any type of backplate you want mmate.

Yeah I've actually gotten quite a few from him before originally for my 680, 780 and 780 Ti.

Just wasn't sure about the heat output from the PCB and memory that a plastic backplate would be safe :confused:

Back
Top Bottom