• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

Soldato
Just had my first game on my Air Boss Ultra and it had to be Far Cry 4 @ 3840X2160, only had a quick 10min and just using Gpuz so limited info but the card boosted to 1366.9 Mhz and 1800Mhz (7200) on memory highest temp 57C @ 45% fan, very smooth. Back to idling at 25/26C very quickly. All stock settings so have high hopes for this one, Asic 72.9 :D

Last edited:
Associate
appreciate the response guys, I've had a 980 from msi before and that was a monster as it sat at 1575mhz!! and 8.1 on the memory which got me 82fps in unigine heaven 4.0 got myself a reference Ti at the minute though I've been offered a very good price for it, and considering the 980 Tis come with metal gear solid a game I'd be getting it's not costing me that much more, I was just too impatient and got a reference on release day -_- but yea thank you for both your inputs the MSI it is! (y)

Permabanned
appreciate the response guys, I've had a 980 from msi before and that was a monster as it sat at 1575mhz!! and 8.1 on the memory which got me 82fps in unigine heaven 4.0 got myself a reference Ti at the minute though I've been offered a very good price for it, and considering the 980 Tis come with metal gear solid a game I'd be getting it's not costing me that much more, I was just too impatient and got a reference on release day -_- but yea thank you for both your inputs the MSI it is! (y)

I have a TX and wish they would do a G6 equivilent of it :)

Associate
Finally picked up my new gpu today after being without for a while. Slightly unsure about the silver backplate as it looked white on the pictures but its not too bad in reality and certainly not a deal breaker.

please add to the RoH :D

SqwMFT5.jpg
[/IMG]

and one of it in my system, just need some new cables now.

qGR1eDD.jpg
[/IMG]

Didn't know it was already available, please tell us more!

Associate
Was surprised to get the HoF version so early actually but im living abroad so they must have got a batch pretty fast here to Norway.

Not had too much time to play around with the card yet but first impressions are pretty good. Looks really nice and came with ASIC of 79.8 which is highest ive had on a gpu, although with the nature of this kind of card i was expecting it to be quite good.

Fans become a little noisy at 60% but not too intrusive, i have been spoiled a bit by the silence of an MSI 970 gaming which was more of less silent up til 80%. Temps hovered around 72 with a quiet fan profile so there is some flexibilty there if not to bothered by the noise increase past 60%.

Boosts at stock to 1430, not had time to do much more but seems a great card especially since it was actually the cheapest 980ti in this country which was a bit wierd.

Associate
Is the MSI 980Ti still the card to get? I had a Strix on order elsewhere for around the same price, but like most places they are having trouble getting stock.

Ideally looking for a silent card (or close) to replace me 780.

Associate
Just about to fit the Kraken G10 - Somewhere I read that it was recommended to use the larger cooling AIO on the CPU (X61 in this case) and the smaller on the GPU (X31 in this case).

However:

GPU = ~250-300W TDP
CPU = ~90-120 TDP

So surely the larger one would be best on the GPU?

Any thoughts?

Associate
Srh1BNvl.jpg

Had trouble with payment responding when the cards was first put up due Paypal issue on EVGA EU, which looked like I missed it... Then 3hrs later email from customer service saying mine was reserved and if i wanted it :D

Please remove my G1 from HOF and add this bad boy, cheers :)

Last edited:
Permabanned
Just about to fit the Kraken G10 - Somewhere I read that it was recommended to use the larger cooling AIO on the CPU (X61 in this case) and the smaller on the GPU (X31 in this case).

However:

GPU = ~250-300W TDP
CPU = ~90-120 TDP

So surely the larger one would be best on the GPU?

Any thoughts?

It all depends on your case mounts, room available and where you wish to position the rad for the GPU. I have the Corsair 650D and the only place it could go was at the rear top exhaust. See pic below:

eW0lHPPl.jpg

The NZXT have longer tubes (400mm) and slightly thicker rads so if you have room then go for either X31 (120mm fan mount) X41 (140mm) or X61 if you can mount 2X140mm rad. All will sufficiently cool your GPU. The most demanding game I've played so far is Metro Last Light and I was getting 53c MAX after an hours play session. BF4 I got 46c.

Associate
Thanks Twirlywoos,

I just found it odd that people would recommend using the larger rad on the lower heat output.

I think I am going to put the X31 on the CPU and X61 on the GPU. Those are the ones that fit in my case. X31 at the back and X61 at the front of the S340.

Associate
Very nice Kingpin card, love how it looks.

I RMA'd my G1 on Monday because of the coil whine; had a replacement shipped today. Needless to say, the smoothest RMA I have ever gone through.

Here's to hoping the replacement doesn't have it.

Back
Top Bottom