• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

Associate
Hi all! I received my 980 ti this evening and I am very impressed overall!

Is there any reason why I would be getting dips to 40fps in Ryse? I have most settings maxed (bar shadows).

Thinking it may be my i5 2500 (non K therefore no overclock) holding this down or are the games just poorly optimised?

Playing Dying Light at 1080P at the min and it is totally locked at 60fps....

2500 at 1080p with a 980ti? Yes, definitely bottle-necked.

Usually people like saying "Nah it's fine, Cpus didn't go anywhere in the past few years. keep your Prescott". But at 1080p core speed really matters.

Last edited:
Associate
2500 at 1080p with a 980ti? Yes, definitely bottle-necked.

Usually people like saying "Nah it's fine, Cpus didn't go anywhere in the past few years. keep your Prescott". But at 1080p core speed really matters.

I am guessing this will only get worse at 1440P when my new monitor arrives?

Gulp...time for a new CPU!

What would you recommend? In another thread here I was told to go for a 2600K or 3770K... good enough?

Last edited:
Associate
Wait for Skylake just a few more weeks :)
Higher resolution actually lets performance be more GPU dependent, but if you can, moving to Skylake will probably be a great upgrade.

Just read the Super Jet Stream review on Techpowerup, I bet Palit only sends cherry picked cards to reviewers, it's amazing how well that model always overclocks.

EDIT: Just as I thought, from Hexus review:
We should take our overclocking results with a pinch of salt as Palit's sample is donning a sticker that reads "Promotion Item, Not For Sale." There's a chance our review card is cherry-picked.

Last edited:
Associate
Skylake can use DDR3 - But I'm not sure of any motherboards that support it (to be fair I have not researched it much)

You'd be best off asking in CPUs.

Associate
Skylake can use DDR3 - But I'm not sure of any motherboards that support it (to be fair I have not researched it much)

You'd be best off asking in CPUs.

I turned fullscreen in Ryse to "off" and now my FPS ranges from 65-120...... EXCELLENT!!

....and now back to 45. Great!! :(

Last edited:
Associate
I noticed my FPS used to dip a lot in GTA:V if I had Chrome open in the background, just minimising it helped with performance a fair amount.

Could try that!

Associate
Not seen any real review yet waiting to see what a few users say hopefully soon would like to order a couple before this weekend.
I'm definitely leaning towards the inno3d. Evga and the whole asic kingpin debacle makes me want to jump ship, not to mention I'm completely fed up with waiting now. Will probably swap my order to inno3d cards today and report back when I get em.

Associate
I'm definitely leaning towards the inno3d. Evga and the whole asic kingpin debacle makes me want to jump ship, not to mention I'm completely fed up with waiting now. Will probably swap my order to inno3d cards today and report back when I get em.

Same boat really just not sure I can SLI them in my case yet if they will reach the front.

Just want to see if they stay below 60c with O/C and are not to load.

Associate
Same boat really just not sure I can SLI them in my case yet if they will reach the front.

Just want to see if they stay below 60c with O/C and are not to load.
Swapped my order over just now, will be getting them in Saturday and will report with results then! Fingers crossed they're good...

Associate
Shutout to the OCUK amazing customer support (they never fail): returned my Amp Extreme for the wrongly advertised backplate (I did Not want to do it, but after Zotac customer support told me to bug off I didn't want their card in my case). Sent yesterday, already refunded. Will get an HoF.

P.S. Now on offer @670£, if you don't mind the blank backplate it's still a great option :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom