• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Opteron Skt 939 Overclocking thread !!!!

Associate
zixiazhang said:
Something really strange going on with my Opteron CABYE 0536GPMW in dfi ultra-d i get it up to 300*9 perfectly fine with 1.5v and its prime stable for at least 2 hours which is how long i ran it for and its pretty stable but quite warm at 48 underload with xp120 well the problem is when i try to go over 300 even at 301 the goes throaugh the splash screen and then goes into the bit whre it tries to save the bios with the black backgorund and white writing and doesnt save it no matter what i do i've tried it with more voltages with ram 1:1 and on a divider but with no luck i've also tried 2 different bioses and the same things happens in both does any1 have any ideas?

my m8 (who got an 144 + Ultra-D + xp120, just like you :p) got kinda same problem, what he did was up the LDT voltage abit, hes at 325x9 now :D

Associate
Is it just me or have i got a big sign stuck to my head saying ignore me?
I heard these where good forums so i joined but so far i aint recieved any replies?

Associate
Thx very much for the help, its just finding one that ships to the uk thats all, i will keep looking i think.

will it work ok on my Asus A8N-SLI mobo i have the latest bios installed?

Associate
night8jim said:
Is this a good stepping?
The whole code is OSA144DAA5BN
CABYE 0536GPMW
1304677I50100

its a 144

night8jim said:
Is it just me or have i got a big sign stuck to my head saying ignore me?
I heard these where good forums so i joined but so far i aint recieved any replies?

if you read the thread from the begining more carefully, you will see that everyone in here got the CABYE 0536 GPMW

Caporegime
OP
night8jim said:
will it work ok on my Asus A8N-SLI mobo i have the latest bios installed?

I dont know for sure, but I presume so.

tatts said:
is the multiplier locked on these 144's?
richdog, do you know what youre getting? i **** have the same :D

Mine is a CABGE 0536 VPAW... not the best OC'ers by all accounts... need a lot of voltage... I can but hope... think i'm in for a dissappointment. :(

Last edited:
Associate
Hi guys.

I have just ordered a 144 Opteron that will probably be a CABYE XXXXXX stepping. I now need to decide on a good motherboard to use with the CPU. I plan to use it with:

Geforce 7800 Gt OC
Ballistix PC4000 RAM (already have)
XP120 cooler (already have)
Tagen 480w (already have)

I am looking to get a nbice stable overclock on air with the XP120, hopefuly in the region of 2.4 Ghz but would go higher if the CPU/board/RAM etc will take it. I read on the Opteron thread that most people recommend the Epox NF4 Ultra board, and this just fits into my budget.

Do you think that this would be the best board to go for? I really don't want to spend any more than £80 on a motherboard.

Thanks for your help with this, and I hope I haven't gone too OT with this post.

Cheers

Rob

Caporegime
One overhaul of my watercooling (well several really, I messed it up once, the second time it pee'd water everywhere, third time lucky touch wood) and I'm ready to see if I can do better than 2.5Ghz stock volts :D

Changed from Ehiem 1250/DD TDX/Heater core to Aquaxtreme 50Z/LRWW (which is beautiful!)/2x120mm Swiftech RAD, temps have dropped about 7 degrees and I've improved my chipset cooling by about 5 degrees, not sure if this will help my divider problem but its worth a shot.

Associate
Figured out my problem there was a setting in the memory section for the dfi bios called DRAM Response i had it on normal but now that i've put it to fast it seems to be a lot happier and i'm currently at 322*9 1.6V

Caporegime
zixiazhang said:
Figured out my problem there was a setting in the memory section for the dfi bios called DRAM Response i had it on normal but now that i've put it to fast it seems to be a lot happier and i'm currently at 322*9 1.6V

What problem were you having?

Edit - just saw what you were having problems with, sounds a little like mine, will try changing that and seeing if it helps :)

Back
Top Bottom