• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Opteron Skt 939 Overclocking thread !!!!

Associate
*Stepping CABYE 0536GPMW
*Mobo DFI Ultra-D
*Cooling Arctic Freezer 64
*Voltages 1.375 x 113%
323x9 2907mhz
2x512 Geil One on 4:3 divider 2-2-2-5 1T 3.5v
BFG 7800GT OC

Someone asked for 3DMark01

3dmark013in.jpg

Is this good? Dont usually take much notice of benchies.. ;)

Caporegime
Right mines in:

Its another CABYE 0536 GPMW

Running at stock volts (1.4?) at 2.5ghz, 8mb superpi stable.

Having problems using dividers with my 2gb Geil Value, will try a different bios and see where that gets me.

Caporegime
OP
Yeah that's good Steevo, we're going to have almost exactly the same system lol... you're giving me an idea of what to expect. :)

Minstadave said:
Right mines in:

Its another CABYE 0536 GPMW

Running at stock volts (1.4?) at 2.5ghz, 8mb superpi stable.

Having problems using dividers with my 2gb Geil Value, will try a different bios and see where that gets me.

What problems are you having? Lockup?

Permabanned
clock for clock no but its close and in some stuff it should beat the dothans like the Fx's do, but with dothans u have only one choice if u want a 2.8 - 3hgz+ clock, and thats ASUS with that adapter. MATX is a no no.

with Opteron u have a big choice of ATX and this month will see Matx finally showing its class, with several cool boards, especially the Biostar

Caporegime
Richdog said:

It just hangs and then resets at the PCI device listing, I think the memory controller is struggling with the high HTT or the dividers are playing up.

The chips a beauty though, 2.5ghz stock volts, I need 3ghz :D

Soldato
Yes they are doing dual Opteron 939's. In the states they're about £300 give or take, for a 162 (I think) which is 2 cores at 1.8.

They're not shipping just yet though I don't think.

Permabanned
Crash&Burn said:
I've got a Opteron 148 CABNE 0528 GPMW on the way, maybe 3Ghz aircooled with stock volts :)
Got one coming tomorrow as well. I'm just hoping it'll work in my Shuttle SN95G5 V2. It likes Venices so hopefuly Sandyopterons will be a go'er too.

And if it doesn't work I'm sure I'll get my money back in the For Sale furums. These are after all, rebadged FX57's. One of the best, if not the best batch of FX57's have the exact same stepping/week.

Soldato
Richdog said:
Yeah that's good Steevo, we're going to have almost exactly the same system lol... you're giving me an idea of what to expect. :)

I get lockups in windows after 261x11 :( 286x10 does it too :( it sucks when Im only on 1.525V, going to 1.65V doesnt help either!

The fact that OCCT/Prime95 will do the rounds no probs annoys me too!

Concorde

Associate
Something really strange going on with my Opteron CABYE 0536GPMW in dfi ultra-d i get it up to 300*9 perfectly fine with 1.5v and its prime stable for at least 2 hours which is how long i ran it for and its pretty stable but quite warm at 48 underload with xp120 well the problem is when i try to go over 300 even at 301 the goes throaugh the splash screen and then goes into the bit whre it tries to save the bios with the black backgorund and white writing and doesnt save it no matter what i do i've tried it with more voltages with ram 1:1 and on a divider but with no luck i've also tried 2 different bioses and the same things happens in both does any1 have any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom