Coolit Eco

Associate
Huh? The thread was bumped at approx. 7am London time.
Anyway, can we stop with the chastising now plz, I already apologised.

Last edited:
Associate
Has anyone come across any reviews yet for the Eco or the Vantage?

Bumpin this now...
As by the time I'm up again and have time to do so, most will be in bed again!*

Thank-you.

*[going to bed 530am AEST (now), won't be up till 1130am+ AEST, I work funny hrs]

Last edited:
Associate
No worries, I'm over it! ;)

C'mon, I thought this was the CoolIT Eco thread, where's the salacious details?!
I certainly can't find any out on the internetz, anyone else have some better luck?
Does it have the H50 for breakfast?!!!? :D

Last edited:
Associate
I think the eco looks awesome and sounds really impressive! Im seriously looking into getting one, but still waiting for some word on testing or a review.

Yozz76 hows ur eco been so far?

Associate
Just be careful not to hope that it's better than the H50 over at overclock.net

The "fanboy-ism" is rampant over there....
If you so much as hint it's possible, you may be savaged, drawn over the coals, & accused of being a heretic.

Well one user in particular, but I won't mention names ;)
I'm waiting for more reviews before I call judgement either way...

Last edited:
Associate
Alas, not as yet :( I'm prolly just going to get a H50 or a cousin.
Besides, it'll be several wks before the weight of evidence comprehensively proves if it's a better/worse buy than the H50.

Soldato
It's borderline insulting to suggest that this swiftech cpu block coupled to a thin black ice radiator represents traditional watercooling.

I still think this is going to be rubbish. If it wasn't, and they had somehow got around the problem that cooling capacity is strongly correlated with radiator surface area and their radiator is small, then they'd be shouting it from the rooftops. I won't go so far as to say it would have to break the laws of thermodynamics to perform significantly better than the H50, but it wouldn't be much of a stretch.

Associate
LOL,

You sure the rad is much smaller than the H50?
Where did you see this?

Could've sworn I read they were similar in dimensions.
Tis definitely more likely to be a fizzer if it is.....

Cheers

Soldato
I'm assuming it's roughly the same size as the H50 rad, as both take a 120mm fan and look about 30mm thick. Doesn't matter, for it to beat the H50 significantly it'll have to be significantly bigger than the H50 radiator, and it isn't. Plus coolit have previous form of getting this wrong.

Associate
I'm assuming it's roughly the same size as the H50 rad, as both take a 120mm fan and look about 30mm thick.

But didn't you just say it's smaller?

Doesn't matter, for it to beat the H50 significantly it'll have to be significantly bigger than the H50 radiator, and it isn't.

Why is that?
I can't see anything in the specs that indicate it's more anaemic, that's why we need actual reviews.

Plus coolit have previous form of getting this wrong.

Yeah I don't care about form, I care about the "here and now".
Every co. can botch things up, even very terribly, they just can't do it with successive generations or they'll quickly become extinct.

good-night.

Last edited:
Associate
Apologies I've not posted sooner but I have been mad busy with, well - life really!

Anyway, I have installed the Cool-It ECO in my new build. I am yet to do any overclocking or tweaking so everything is running at stock. I've just installed Core Temp and thought you would like to see the idle temps so here ya go:

CoreTemp-Scr.png

I've no idea if it is decent or not so make what you will of it.

Soldato
Idle temps are fairly irrelevant :)
Room ambient temp has a big impact on idle temps, and most if not all CPU coolers won't run at full capacity at such low temperatures, so thanks but load temps please :p

Associate
Idle temps are fairly irrelevant :)
Room ambient temp has a big impact on idle temps, and most if not all CPU coolers won't run at full capacity at such low temperatures, so thanks but load temps please :p

Fair enough, I've never pretended to be a whizz with these things so would appreciate a suggestion for a program to run that will max out each core.

Back
Top Bottom